What to do with Anderson Silva

Who would you like to see fight Anderson Silva Next???

• "The Dean Of Mean" Keith Jardine

• Ryan "Darth" Bader

• "Suger" Rashad Evans

• George "Rush" St. Pierre

• Jon "Bones" Jones

• Someone Else

Results are only viewable after voting.

matt_hud

Occasional Pre-Show
By now we have all heard about the Anderson Silva fallout with his fight against Damian Maia...

Anderson has soundly defeated everything the UFC has thrown at him and he is considered the #1 fighter in the world... However how can he legitmally make that claim when he refuses to step up and fight Machida because of their friendship??? Yes Machida is guilty here also... How can people claim he is the best when he only fights half as much as other UFC title holders???

It is time UFC matchmakers start digging deep for someone who could potentially upset Silva and bring back respect to a title where the champion doesn't even show it respect...

Here are some guys I feel could potentially defeat Silva, I know some would either have drop down or step up a weigt class... But dammit get the belt on someone who will fight and defend it with pride... (No pun intended)

Keith Jardine --- Yes his win/loss record doesn't deserve a title shot, but the mans fighting style is so off the wall I think he could give Silva real fits... Also even though he loses more then he wins these days he is known to pull off some upsets against fighters who should have destroyed him... I.E... Vera, Griffin, & Liddell... Could he beat Silva? I think so because of his style of fighting...

Ryan Bader --- Yes very raw and still pretty much unproven against top talent, however he does have 1 punch knockout power in both hands and is a division 1 wrestler, plus the man is 11-0 and has beaten Jardine... Could he beat Silva? Right now I dont think so but give him 2-3 more fights and I think he could suprize us all

Rashad Evans --- Need I say more... Could he beat Silva??? Yes if he remained calm and didn't get over zelous

George St. Pierre --- See Rashad Evans + the man isn't human, I think he was a cyborg build strictly for MMA... Could he beat Silva??? Hell yes 9 times out of 10

And finally my last name...Another up & comer

Jon Jones --- Yes another unproven, however he has beaten Bonner & Vera and destroyed a top wrestler in Matt Hamill and yes he lost the Hamill fight because he was DQed... But seeing how he handled Hamill & Vera I have no doubts this guy is for real...

So in a perfect world since Anderson Silva will need his usual 9 months between title defenses off this would be my build up for his next 2 fights...

He likes to have a title fight, then step up and beat a light heavyweight then title fight... He alternates....

His next fight is Keith Jardine at lightheavy.... on the same card we take the 2 best up and coming fighters in Bader & Jones let them fight... Should Silva beat Jardine then the winner of Bader & Jones fights Silva for the title...

If Jardine were to upset Silva then give Jardine the chance to drop weight and fight at middleweight against Silva for the title... That is if Silva would be willing to take the fight...

Well, Anderson's next fight is against Chael Sonnen at UFC 117 in August. Anderson Middleweight Championship will be on the line. This is 100% confirmed, not a rumor.

Win or lose though, I have a strong suspicion it will be Anderson's last fight at Middleweight. Unless Vitor Belfort could put on an amazing performance in his next fight, I'm not sure there's anyone left to match Anderson up in the Middleweight Division.

So, with that said, which Light Heavy do you feed Anderson first after his MW Title Defense?

To me, either you start him off with someone like Jardine, which is a guaranteed victory for Silva. Or, you give him the tough route, and give him the winner of Evans/Rampage.

GSP is out of the question at this point. That fight's not happening anytime soon.

Dana White has said he wants to build Jon Jones up over the next year, so there's no way he'll be fighting Anderson anytime soon, either.

And Bader... nah, no way. Dana's not about to feed an up-and-comer and potential star to Anderson Silva. Let Bader continue to make a name for himself and maybe sometime down the line it could be possible.

Now, the reason I pick Jardine is because Jardine will actually fight Silva and give us a show. Sure, he'll get KTFO, but that's all people want to see anyway. Besides, Jardine has nothing to lose. A loss to Anderson Silva will not damage his career in the least bit, and it won't hurt the UFC, either.

And the winner of Rampage/Evans... that's only if Shogun wins the Light Heavyweight Championship against Machida. If Shogun wins, then you set up a #1 Contenders match between the winner of Rampage/Evans and Anderson Silva, so they could fight their way to a shot at the title, rather than having it handed to them, like Dana would be excused of if either one got a shot so soon.

I'm of the opinion that the only way anyone's going to beat Silva is to be faster then him, and the only person in LH that I think could do that is Rashad but I think that unless Rashad comes in their ready to use his speed and try to pick Anderson apart, he'll have no chance. I'm not saying it's a for sure win, but I think the only way anyone will beat Anderson is by fighting smart and being faster then him. Lyoto has the potential, but I think that could also be a completely boring fight unless you put the title on the line.

I'd be kind of mad at Silva fighting Jardine, but I'd be hoping and praying Jardine pulls one of those "WTF?!?!" moments out and just drops Silva. And don't put it past Jardine, the dude is just fuckin' un-predictable.

GSP GSP GSP GSP GSP. I would love to see a GSP vs Silva fight. Argruably the two Best Pound for Pound fighters in MMA today... By far, in my opinion. And the best thing is, you wouldn't even need to put a title on the line. Just put these two against each other and people will buy it. Why? because its the two best guys in the World.

Period.

Dude, you're going to reward Silva for acting like a jackass by handing him the one opponent he wants to fight? Forget that, man. He doesn't deserve to be in the same ring as GSP right now.

Dude, you're going to reward Silva for acting like a jackass by handing him the one opponent he wants to fight? Forget that, man. He doesn't deserve to be in the same ring as GSP right now.

Yes, yes I would reward him. So what if hes the Cockiest Mother F***er out there right now, lets see how cocky he is when he has to defend against George St. Pierre.

As for the comment about him not deserving to be in the same Ring/Octagon as St. Pierre, let me just say, 12 Straight Wins in the Octagon, 11 of those in the UFC ( UFC Record ), wins over Maia, Griffin, Leitis, Coté, Marquardt and Franklin, just to name a few, not to mention 6 straight Title Defences ( UFC Record ). If that doesn't deserve a match vs GSP then nothing does.

How about completely insulting Dana White, the UFC, and the fans with his last few performances? How bout making a complete mockery of his opponents? He has no respect for those he fights. In a company where you have to earn everything you get, he hasn't earned to fight GSP.

I see what you're getting at, and yes he has embarrassed the UFC, Dana White and disrespected some of the fighters, but look at it this way, if hes that good, if hes good enough to mock his opponents in the Octagon no less, then lets see what he can do against the Second Best in the world in GSP.

Lets see how cocky he'll be, lets see what he'll do against a guy who will actually put this guy to the test. I get you don't think he deserves it, but if you think GSP is better then Silva, which he might be, then lets see GSP beat Silva and put the cockyness away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back