What the NWA needs to do now

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
After watching & loving the All In Supershow with Mexico, Japan and even England represented i thought since Cody won the NWA World Championship tonight Corgan needs to work with Cody and put more supercards on throughout the year with Stars from all over the world. Bring back the territory days in a way.

Alone in North America no promotion can touch Vince & the WWE no one here with half a brain would argue that but if they continue to work together and put on shows under the NWA name with Cody as popular as he is, holding the Championship his fathrrer held 3 times and I may have to eat my words from the other thread.

They need to put on more shows like All In before a TV deal can happen. Right now I'd say a TV deal is still at least a few years away as long as they can keep their momentum going.

The NWA is pretty much a dead brand that I feel Can't be revive to the glory it had back in the territory days. The fact that Cody didn't put the NWA title match as the main event of his own show tell me that even Cody realise that the NWA is a brand from the past that Can't really be revive.

But just for argument sake, the biggest problem the NWA has is that he even through Billy corgan is the owner of the company, they need to have somebody that has connections in the tv industry to get some sort of a national deal.

As soon as one or two Indy company gets truly set as the number 2 company in the industry, there will be a competition to take them down and That's we're the return of those exclusive contract will happen and wrestlers won't be able to do big show like this anymore.

We are living a renaissance of the wrestling business right now but has we learn from history, when is time to prove who's number 1 or 2, wrestling companies will turn on each other eventually because competition is bigger then just trying to have a great show. All in was made on a bet and it succeeded but the more thing advance the harder it will be for Cody to get this type of talent from other companies for another one. Also with WWE trying to sign deals with other Indy companies, it will get even harder.

If I was Cody, I would use is star power to help ROH grow even bigger then waste his time on making the NWA relevant again.

Not exactly fair to assume the title is meaningless because Cody didn't fight for it in the main event. The ROH World title didn't close the show. It wasn't even third to last.

Best thing I think Corgan could do is form a partnership with ROH, which going by appearances it seems that's what he is doing. NWA is just a name right now and Corgan is more than aware of that.

Giving Cody the title was the best option in my books. He is one of the biggest names outside of WWE. Bullet Club is bigger than NWA and I would wager it's bigger than ROH at this moment. Have Cody carry it around here and there, do a few skits on Being The Elite, and defend it sporadically is what I'd have him do.

I'm sure Corgan wants a TV deal and could probably get something if he borrows talent from other companies a la Lucha Underground, but he will need names companies like ROH may not be willing to part with. Tim Storm and Austin Idol are not going to cut it on cable.

I do want to see NWA rise from the ashes. It is one hell of an underdog story. Cody as champion gives the brand a pulse, but they'll need names for this baby to walk again.

If they treat it like a big deal, it will become a big deal. Keeping up with their Youtube, they're doing a good job in telling viewers why this title matters. They just need to make it important outside of a video channel.

Well, it depends on how much money can be generated. All In, overall, was pretty fun but it was a glorified house show that has no real lasting effects except Cody as NWA World Champion. One reason why All In worked is because of the novelty of all these indy guys getting together and putting on a super show styled house show and it took a lot of time to ultimately get everything set up. Cody and the Bucks didn't just sit down one afternoon and lay everything down, it took quite a bit longer than that. They decided to do it in May of last year, didn't announce that they'd found a venue until after the first of 2018 and revealed the show would be on September 1st. They hyped the show at every opportunity to the point that by the time the tickets went on sale, a good year after they decided they were going to run the show. I could see All In possibly becoming an annual thing, maybe bi-annual but anything more than that I think is pushing it right now. All the competitors from All In are under contract to different promotions and/or they had to get permission to work the show and it's possible that part of the deal was that all these other companies might each get a little piece of the pie, AKA the gate, in order to agree.

The NWA brand is essentially dead when you get right down to it. All the title really has is the glories of a bygone era, but that's not necessarily a bad thing or a good thing, it's just there. Cody is one of the hottest non-WWE wrestlers in the world right now, so having him carry the belt for a while is only going to do some good for it and, generally speaking, I think that's probably the most that Corgan can realistically hope for right now. In many ways, Corgan is simply a fan who has a lot of money and though it'd be fun to get into the wrestling business but he doesn't have the money or connections to relaunch the NWA into some sort of national competitor once again. I'm sure that he knows that so maybe this whole thing could lead to some sort of partnership with ROH and New Japan that might lead to renewed interest. If something ever comes about with the NWA, it's probably going to be years in the making with the result being a syndicated TV deal much like ROH has; Corgan is going to need investors and significant names in order to even get the attention of networks to get a syndicated deal because the big networks aren't gonna be calling with billion dollar TV deals anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back