• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What the fuck....

Razor

crafts entire Worlds out of Words
is going on with the United States today? If someone says this man is a converted Muslim, I'm going to stab a knife in my neck.

Fucked up Shit in Orlando, Florida.

ORLANDO, Fla. – Officials said at least eight people were hurt in a shooting at a downtown office building Friday and a gunman was on the loose.

People streamed out of the high-rise building around lunchtime and some told local television stations they had barricaded themselves inside their offices.

Orlando Fire Department District Chief Michael Droege said an unknown number of people were still in the building and could be injured. He said the SWAT team was still trying to pull people out.

"The building is not secure now," he said. "It's still unfolding."

Orlando police were searching for an armed man wearing a light blue polo shirt and jeans, said Orange County Sheriff's Spokesman Jim Solomons, whose department was called in for backup.

Gerry Gilgo, who works on the floor where the shooting occurred, told The Associated Press she was meeting a co-worker at the elevators for lunch.

"She yelled there are gun shots! There are gun shots! Get back in your office," Gilgo said.

Orlando Police Sgt. Barbara Jones confirmed there had been a shooting and multiple people were hurt but she couldn't say how many. She said there is believed to be only one shooter.

The Orlando Fire Department told WESH-TV that at least eight people were injured. Interstate 4 was closed in both directions through downtown and a nearby school was locked down.

Rows of ambulances lined up outside the building as police snipers took up positions around the building and officers on foot and horseback searched the area.

:thumbsup: Gun laws :thumbsup:

What a fucking disgrace. The sooner America gets control of it's gun laws, the better.

Yeah I read that. Sucks obviously, but this really isn't the huge gigantic news that everyone is making it out to be. I'd love to see a bit of news coverage on what's happening in Afghanistan, or Pakistan, or the Sudan.

Apparently it only matters if it's Americans killing Americans.

Remember, these guys are the exception, not the rule for gun owners. Most gun owners (such as myself) are responsible and would never shoot up an army base or an office building.

Who's to say this guy is even a registered gun owner? That's the danger nobody realizes too. Stricter regulations on guns don't affect the thugs and whackjobs who obtained their guns illegally, but the gun owners like me who are 100% responsible, and would only fire if our houses were burglarized.

Right on, How many guns are out there and how many are used for crime? I would guess less than 5% are used illegally and how many of those are are not registered?

I own a gun as well. It's hard not to when a large chunk of your friends are from the south.

Mossberg pistol-grip shotgun baby.

marushin_mossberg500_8mm.jpg

But, ya know, I'm sane. And don't have a desire to murder innocent people. Crazy people will get their hands on guns one way or another, but yeah, we should make it a hell of a lot harder for them to.

But, ya know, again...so much shit going on in this world right now. Has everyone just forgotten about what's happening in Afghanistan? It's fucking chaos over there.

I don't own a gun personally. I have used them in the past for less then legal activities *ahem* but they were not mine. Nowadays I just don't want one in my house with my daughter around and what not. Besides if I have to use a weapon to protect myself, I'm far more efficient using a knife or my katana.

If this goes down as a Muslim getting pissy, add it to the list this year.

Little Rock, Arkansas Shootings.

Then yesterday's shootings:

New Information on the Shooter from Fort Hood

Unless you know any Islamic people with the last name Rodriguez, it doesn't appear to be:

Orlando police spokeswoman Barbara Jones identified the gunman as Jason Rodriguez, 40, and said he might be in a 2002 silver Nissan SUV with license plate D119UX. She said he used to work at the building.

I own a gun as well. It's hard not to when a large chunk of your friends are from the south.

Mossberg pistol-grip shotgun baby.

marushin_mossberg500_8mm.jpg

But, ya know, I'm sane. And don't have a desire to murder innocent people. Crazy people will get their hands on guns one way or another, but yeah, we should make it a hell of a lot harder for them to.

But, ya know, again...so much shit going on in this world right now. Has everyone just forgotten about what's happening in Afghanistan? It's fucking chaos over there.

Lulz.

This is the fourth thread I have counted you saying something to that effect in. It's like you are on a moral crusade. I mean, you are completely right and can say it wherever you want. I just think it is funny.

Yeah in Afghanistan the other day the Afghan police opened fire on British soldiers

Lulz.

This is the fourth thread I have counted you saying something to that effect in. It's like you are on a moral crusade. I mean, you are completely right and can say it wherever you want. I just think it is funny.

Because it's important. And shit it's not like I can go on the National News, but atleast I can bring it up in threads like these, maybe one of you fuckers will involve yourself more in politics or current events. Why is it funny? I have a few friends over there and in Iraq, not to mention Norcal on here. I'm more concerned with that war than some very unfortunate but singular events here in the US.

Because it's important. And shit it's not like I can go on the National News, but atleast I can bring it up in threads like these, maybe one of you fuckers will involve yourself more in politics or current events. Why is it funny? I have a few friends over there and in Iraq, not to mention Norcal on here. I'm more concerned with that war than some very unfortunate but singular events here in the US.

I don't believe I said the subject matter was funny. Like, at all.

What i said was funny was that you were putting it in every thread tonight. Also, why do you have to doubt our political knowledge because we don't mention the Iraqi war in every thread. I guess that just means that we are ignorant huh?

I too have a friend in Iraq but you don't hear me harping on about it constantly. I am certainly not calling people out on their political knowledge because they don't talk about the Iraqi war on every thread.

I am not saying any of this to call you out but please don't insinuate that we are ignorant or *****es because we do not immerse ourselves in the day to day dealings of the Iraqi War. People are literally just that pissed off with it that they don't want to talk about it any more.

I don't believe I said the subject matter was funny. Like, at all.

I didn't say you did either.

What i said was funny was that you were putting it in every thread tonight. Also, why do you have to doubt our political knowledge because we don't mention the Iraqi war in every thread. I guess that just means that we are ignorant huh?

When did I doubt your political knowledge? I mentioned a war, about three times. Man, what a dick I am.

Never said you were ignorant either.

I too have a friend in Iraq but you don't hear me harping on about it constantly. I am certainly not calling people out on their political knowledge because they don't talk about the Iraqi war on every thread.

So, mentioning ONCE that I have a few friends over there is now "harping on about it constantly" Dave? Because I literally mentioned it once, and that was in this thread. Didn't realize once meant constantly harping now.

I am not saying any of this to call you out but please don't insinuate that we are ignorant or *****es because we do not immerse ourselves in the day to day dealings of the Iraqi War. People are literally just that pissed off with it that they don't want to talk about it any more.

I wasn't insinuating anything, everything I wanted to say was pretty clear in my last post. Sorry if you're taking incorrect assumptions from imaginary subtext here.

And no, it's not about people being so pissed off about it and ignoring it, it's about people no longer giving a fuck. It was trendy to be anti-war for a few years there with Bush in office, but the last few years almost no one really seems to care anymore.

Unless you know any Islamic people with the last name Rodriguez, it doesn't appear to be:

I know, I just caught that. At least there won't be a new social crusade against Muslims in this country. We just now calmed down from one, and that was going WAY too far.

And yes Xfear, I know that there is worse shit going on in the world. However, 2 shootings in 2 days in the United States is still pretty fucking bad. The stuff going on with our soldiers is horrible, but what do you expect will happen when the Bush administration bars the press from reporting on the homecoming of bodies from overseas? People forget that there's a pricetag to this war, and it's being paid by people like Norcal who fight for us.

We learned that lesson in Vietnam, but we've forgotten it over years of "What? Huh? Soldiers aren't dying as much as in Vietnam, because we're not seeing the bodies. That sounds right."

And yes Xfear, I know that there is worse shit going on in the world. However, 2 shootings in 2 days in the United States is still pretty fucking bad.

Of course it is, anytime something like this happens it's awful. I just don't understand why people get so worked up about stuff like this but then change the channel when the news mentions the latest bombing in Pakistan.

The stuff going on with our soldiers is horrible, but what do you expect will happen when the Bush administration bars the press from reporting on the homecoming of bodies from overseas? People forget that there's a pricetag to this war, and it's being paid by people like Norcal who fight for us.

Yeah but the Bush administration is over. Not sure what Obama's policy is on war reporting, but it just seems like most people don't care anymore. The war used to be a frequent topic of discussion, now it's like Page 7 news.

I didn't say you did either.

You said "Why is it funny". I took that as you thought that the subject matter was funny, which it most certainly is not.

When did I doubt your political knowledge? I mentioned a war, about three times. Man, what a dick I am.

Never said you were ignorant either.

Again, you said "maybe one of you fuckers will involve yourself more in politics or current events". I assumed that you were saying that we did not have enough knowledge of the subject. I hope you see where I am coming from here.

So, mentioning ONCE that I have a few friends over there is now "harping on about it constantly" Dave? Because I literally mentioned it once, and that was in this thread. Didn't realize once meant constantly harping now.

No, I am talking about you mentioning the war in four threads in the Bar Room in the last hour or so. That is harping on, especially when the thread topic isn't remotely about the war in Iraq. If I am mistaken, then I do apologise.

I wasn't insinuating anything, everything I wanted to say was pretty clear in my last post. Sorry if you're taking incorrect assumptions from imaginary subtext here.

And no, it's not about people being so pissed off about it and ignoring it, it's about people no longer giving a fuck. It was trendy to be anti-war for a few years there with Bush in office, but the last few years almost no one really seems to care anymore.

And should they? I don't care about the war in Iraq. Please don't call me cold though or uncaring. As I have told very few people around here, my longest friend is in Iraq at the moment and every time you mention the war, I am stricken with dread about if I will ever see him alive again. The problem people have with the war is that they have become disenchanted with how it is being handles and how many people are losing their young lives because of a war over oil or WMD's or whatever you call it.

I'm sorry, X but I have to think that on a personal level you are hurting me more than you are by helping. Going on about the war in these threads gives me a terror in my heart that is really not that welcome. As I have stated though, go about your business because you have every right. However, I just don't see what you trying to accomplish with it. However, feel free to enlighten me.

I'm not trying to accomplish anything Dave, I like you quite a bit, but when someone calls me out, I feel obligated to respond and defend myself. Natural instincts mate, I have no quarrel with you.

To be fair, all of the threads I've mentioned the wars in are those dealing with guns/the Ft. Hood/Orlando incidents.

Thats why i like living in Ohio
quietest place in the east US

I'm guessing you don't live in the greater Cincinnati area? I mean, we do have what has been declared the most dangerous/deadliest neighborhood in the States........

As for this tragedy, I feel everybody has already addressed it sufficiently. I just hope this is the last for a good long while. Like, ever.

is going on with the United States today? If someone says this man is a converted Muslim, I'm going to stab a knife in my neck.

Fucked up Shit in Orlando, Florida.

:thumbsup: Gun laws :thumbsup:

Sad part is, it's happening everywhere. Hell, as of Halloween of this year, there have been 745 murders in Puerto Rico. Nowadays, people are starting to become insensitive to violent events if it's happening on other places (X is right in people switching the channel if they're showing news about the war right after they show the news of a massacre that happened somewhere in the US).

The reality is: this world is gettting fucked up by the minute...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back