• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What now for Festus?

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now that Festus has been drafted to RAW, away from Jesse is there a future for him on RAW?

I mean he has all the talent in the world for a big man, he fires up like nobody else in the business right now.

Festus could be used like Santino, a comical character.

My idea was that Festus will be adpoted by someone who starts out on the brand struggling.
- Brian Kendrick for example, big Zeke has been taken away from Kendrick, will he need someone else by his side? Festus could help Kendrick to the US title, then there could be a Michaels/Diesel situation?
- Santino needs someone to protect him and his "sister" as its obvious that Beth and Rosa are seperating away from him.
- Hornswoggle: A comical paring or Hornswoggle is targeted as a easy target for people looking to make a heel impact on the show, Festus comes to the rescue, as Finlay is no longer there.
- The Miz turn Festus heel and make him the heel protecter for Miz and help him get a rise on the show.

Any other ideas for the Cornfed Collossus?

I actually like the idea about Santino that you brought up. Santino can't protect himself and his sister by himself, especially with Great Khali on the opposing end. So, tonight is Backlash right? Why not have Santino say that he has back-up, if he tries anything with Santina. As Khali tries to kiss Santina, Festus comes out and attacks Khali, turning him heel. This could either lead to an interpromotional fued between Khali and Festus with Santino or this could just lead to Festus turning heel and helping Santino.

I think the possibilities are endless with Festus. He has all the talent in the world and could go far in the WWE if given some right direction. I'm hoping that WWE actually has plans with Festus, since he was drafted without Jesse. But, I loved your idea with Festus aligning himself with Santino... here's some rep for you!

I'd love to hear the promo skills of Festus as well thinking about it. WWE is onto a great hit with this guy.
I think that the idea that you had about tonight at Backlash works, perhaps Jesse could be beaten up backstage earlier in the show. Festus comes out after beating up Khali, or getting him out the ring anyway and then he cuts a promo about how Jesse turned him into this kids toy that snapped when he ran a bell, and thats no who he is, he is the Collossus. << Really like that btw. Fuck the cornfed bit. Festus' turn could also bring Santino's rep up as a heel and not just a comical character.

I think he should join legacy as a bodyguard type for orton, dibiase and rhodes. He is a second generation wrestler, his father was Terry Bam Bam Gordy. If they could find away to take away his bell gimmick, they could make him a real beast.

I think he should join legacy as a bodyguard type for orton, dibiase and rhodes. He is a second generation wrestler, his father was Terry Bam Bam Gordy. If they could find away to take away his bell gimmick, they could make him a real beast.

Thats Jesse, not Festus mate.

I personally Like him, and if you remember he did have a major Push in, I believe 2005, as the Fake Kane. But WWE just didnt use Jesse and Festus correctly, practically Burying them, and I havent heared about them much since WM 24. COme on, They are talented Guys, and Festus is great for his size, I think they should get him straight into a program. Even working with Legacy as a Body Guard would be a great push, also getting some Gold around his waist, such as the U.S. Title.

ya, terry gordy's jesse's pops. anyway, i've been a fan of festus since he debut as the fake kane. i thought they had big plans for him when he was getting pushed in the tag division, but i guess not. i think a heel turn is in store for festus.

Great idea wbout him working with Santino. I can hear him calling him ''Foetus'' now. It could work. Actually I'd have Santino call him Foetus and then I'd slowly evolve his character into that of a womb child.

If WWE used The Wrestler for the JBL/HBK storyline than they should use the much more successful Curious Case Of Benjamin Button for another.

Great idea wbout him working with Santino. I can hear him calling him ''Foetus'' now. It could work. Actually I'd have Santino call him Foetus and then I'd slowly evolve his character into that of a womb child.

If WWE used The Wrestler for the JBL/HBK storyline than they should use the much more successful Curious Case Of Benjamin Button for another.

Really? haha

The Wrestler was used in a wrestling storyline, that doesn't mean that just any random movie or plot should also be used. They could just have this storyline where Sharkboy is trying to find his dad in Austrailia, and he can change his name to Nemo haha

Anyway, Festus is most likely going to end up like Matt Morgan. These silly gimmicks are always just silly and it kills these guys. You can't just cure a stuttering problem like Matt Morgan had (although Bubba Dudley did miraculously overcome his back in the day), nor can you just cure this bipolar thing Festus has going. I personally think they dropped the ball on him and I doubt he'd be with the company much longer.

Another possibilitie could be he'll dissapeer for months then reappear with a whole new gimmick. Its been done many times before. Nick Nemeth, Matt Morgan, Batista...

I would LOVE see Festus turn heel.
Think about it: Drop the bell gimmick and have it to where he attacks someone
and finally cuts his own promos. I do like the idea of him teaming up with someone,
Santino maybe, not the fucking Santina gimmick. Have Santino lose the comedic gimmick, and have Festus do someone matches and promos by himself first. Have him attack some people, top faces on RAW. Then have Santino do the same thing, cut new promos, attack faces, and have him talk shit to the fans wherever they are at. And finally have them team up together and win in a tag match then have them after the match cut a promo of a new tag team/stable. And then have them feud with Carlito/Primo. Also dont just have them go after the tag titles. Have them go after the mid card titles also. Have them try to be a dominant force on RAW. Also have them recruit others as well. The Miz, MVP, hell them two alone are a freakish group so have them get Hornswaggle as a manager. lol. Im playing with the Hornswaggle thing.

I am a huge fan of Festus and see great potential. I would have someone with "money" DiBiase, McMahon (any one of them), HHH, or any someone of influence send him away to some institution where in the beginning you see someone in the dark tied to a chair watching clips of either evil in the world or more PG old heels in the biz. After a while you reveal it's festus and who is doing it to him, eventually leading to a crazy evil heel who does not need the bell, and would be eventually to hard to handle for even his keeper. I dunno, just an idea.

Another would be the being part of hypnotic suggestion and you could either replace the bell or remove it from his mind. Either way i see promise for him.

this is the third time ive had to type this. this site pisses me off sometimes. but heres my idea. put him in a match with matt hardy. hes still in his dumb dumb mode, so a ref will have to guide him out. bell rings, hulk mad! they have their match, matt decides to bail, ie undertakes match. festus wins by countout, bell rings, back to dumb dumb mode. matt gets back in laughing at him. proceeds to bash his fucking skull in with a chair, but inadvertently knocks him straight. i donno where to in from there, but it kills this stupid ass gimmick.

I hope Festus does get paired with Miz or TBK as a protector/tag partner from time to time until they can find a way to use him more and get rid of his gimmick. I don't mind it soo much but it seems kinda dumb and with the PG thing going on, it shouldn't be something that's exploited.

He can get the crowd into the match and would be a nice add for either guy.

Wouldn't the best strategy to beat Festus be to put earplugs in his ears when the bell rings so you could just knock the crap out of him and win?

I think the gimmick is different, I just don't think it's given the right way. I mean, if you have this freak on a leash who gets stirred up when the bell rings, why was he a tag team? Doesn't make sense for a guy to go nuts at the bell ringing and then put him on the apron for an eventual hot tag.

I'm hoping he'll be the face version of Kane to get some heels over the same way Kane does for the faces.

I think having someone like TBK knocking his lights out would be nice, allowing him to go from television for some time re-developing a character that is a little more in depth than it is now. A new look, attitude, and role would be nice.

I like festus to somehow get rid of the ****** bit of his gimmick, So then have him be a nice normal person outside the ring, And turn into a crazy son of a bitch in the ring. I think festus then could be something more than a jobber that can have a good match, His gimmick really does spoil him overall.

I think that festus will have a gimmick change, and go into a tag team with a new raw FACE, maybe Mr. Kennedy, or another Raw midcarder. Or, he will hit the future endeavors club. We'll have to wait and see.

Another possibilitie could be he'll dissapeer for months then reappear with a whole new gimmick. Its been done many times before. Nick Nemeth, Matt Morgan, Batista...

I agree. They should do this. Find a way to bring back the Mordecai character back with Kevin Fertig(Thorn) and have Festus as a dressed up, masked disciple and boom! You have a killer tag team and the start of a new stable that would be sweet to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back