What is your favorite UFC PPV/event?

JWGunslinger

Warrior Forever
I've been a serious fan of the UFC since 2004 when I saw UFC 50. That card was perfect to get me hooked, every fight on the card was great from Travis Lutter upsetting Marvin Eastman in the first preliminary fight to Matt Hughes pulling off an amazing armbar on GSP with 1 second from the end of the round.
Since then I havent missed a PPV,Fight Night or Ultimate Fighter Finale, and the card that stands out from all the rest was UFC 73: Staked. The card was great and the name did fit, Silva-Marquardt, Sherk-Franca and Ortiz-Evans were huge and that's not even including Nog's first fight in the UFC.
Main Event:

UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva (18-4) vs. Nathan Marquardt (25-6-2)

Undercard:

Sean Sherk (31-2-1) vs. Hermes Franca (18-5)
Tito Ortiz (15-5) vs. Rashad Evans (10-0)
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (29-4-1) vs. Heath Herring (27-12)
Kenny Florian (5-3) vs. Alvin Robinson (8-1)
Chris Lytle (22-14-5) vs. Jason Gilliam (9-1)
Frank Edgar (6-0) vs. Mark Bocek (4-0)
Stephan Bonnar (9-4) vs. Mike Nickels (5-1)
Jorge Gurgel (10-2) vs. Diego Saraiva (9-4-1)

My favorite fight was probably Sherk vs Franca, the fact that Sherk could take those knees and just power through was amazing, and Chris Lytle had a slick sub on Jason Gilliam.
So what is your favorite UFC event and why?

Gotta go with a recent card in UFC 116. At the announcement of this card, everybody knew it'd be good however, it exceeded all expectations. The least exciting fight on the card was G-Sot vs Pellegrino and that's saying a lot because that was an awesome fight. Bonnar put on a fantastic performance in a war and at the end of the fight, gave us an awesome pose. Lytle subbed Brown with an awesome sub, Leben and Akiyama had a fucking war with an amazing comeback in a fight of the year candidate. Then it came down to one of my favorite fighters, Brock Lesnar attempting to make his comeback after being on his death bed months earlier. He was fighting Shane Carwin who had just demolished everybody and was stylistically a terrible matchup for Brock. They come out and Brock gets DESTROYED in the first round. It was easily a 10-8 round for Carwin, but Brock did what nobody else had done against Carwin at the time, and that was survive. He comes out, takes him down and subs him. It was such a special moment to see considering all Brock had been through and how much heart he showed surviving the first round. One of my favorite fights of all time, and my favorite card of all time.

I was always partial to the early UFC cards between 45 and 59, mainly because of the Hughes/Trigg fights and the Arlovski/Sylvia fights. Not to mention classic fights between Yves Edwards and Josh Thomson and the Couture vs. Ortiz vs. Liddell fights. In fact, UFC 45 would have been my favorite up until a few months ago. Hughes vs. Trigg II is one of those fights that any true MMA fan should watch. But it also had an incredibly fun fight in Mayhem vs. GSP and the rematch between Liddell and Couture. However, it is not my favorite card anymore.

When I finally got around to UFC 66 I knew I had something special. Only one fight went to decision. The rest ended in pretty exciting fashion. Arlovski vs. Cruz had one of my favorite KO's of all time when AA cracked Cruz right after the ref restarted their fight on the ground. It was such a perfectly timed punch. Also, Jason MacDonal and Chris Leben had an all out war. This fight really made me a fan of MacDonald. Forrest vs Jardine was another knockdown drag out fight. Obviously, Jardine shocked the world and brought Griffin back to earth. And, the epic second encounter between Ortiz and Liddell, which was stopped to early, but was one hell of a fight until the end. Great card from top to bottom.

I also have really enjoyed UFC 86, 90, 116, 117, and 132.

There are so many, but I'll go with UFC 117.

Card was:

Dennis Hallman vs.Ben Saunders
Stefan Struve vs.Christian Morecraft
Tim Boetsch vs.Todd Brown
Johny Hendricks vs.Charlie Brenneman
Phil Davis vs.Rodney Wallace
Rick Story vs.Dustin Hazelett
Junior dos Santos vs.Roy Nelson
Matt Hughes vs.Ricardo Almeida
Clay Guida vs.Rafael dos Anjos
Jon Fitch vs.Thiago Alves
Anderson Silva vs.Chael Sonnen

Now, as we know that Silva vs. Sonnen had an amazing build-up, with a great fight as well, but Hughes vs. Almeida was great, JDS vs. Roy Nelson was amazing, Struve vs. Morecraft was fun, and Guida vs. dos Anjos was very good as well. Overall, it was a great card, with probably the most exciting 5 round in mma today, and watching this on pay-per-view was just a treat for me.

Seeing as how 111 was my first UFC event and I haven't seen many of the older ones, I'm going to have to go with UFC 132 as my favorite. Since Chris Leben is one of my favorite fighters, and after him having lost his last fight (to Brian Stann at UFC 125), I was so pumped when he knocked out Silva. I was jumping up and down and screaming my heart out! :D

This card had a lot of great fights on it. I hate when fights go to decision unless its a crazy awesome battle, I prefer that they finish their fights. So Melvin's KO, Condit's flying knee, etc. were awesome!

I was also pretty excited about Tito's win over Ryan Bader. My fiance kept saying that if Tito won, he would shave his head because it was so unlikely. I just had this feeling that it was going to happen (that very well could have been because I thought it would be hilarious to have him shave his head), but when it happened I couldn't believe it. My fiance was in shock, he just sat there and stared at the TV. That fight was amazing.

Definitely my favorite card of all the ones I've seen.

I have soo many favorites of UFC events, but my favorite would have to be UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008! It's one of those rare cards that all of the Main card fights were finished in some fashion, even the undercard was great. And i think its a great card to introduce MMA to your friends too. It was not only a great card but the card was stacked!

Main Event:
Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Forrest Griffin (c) vs. Rashad Evans
This was after Forrest Griffin's shocking Title win over Rampage and Rashad's amazing KO win over Chuck Liddell in a number contender bout. I was one of those who believed there was no way Griffin was Championship material and I knew coming in Rashad was taking the LHW title home. And Rashad did just that and TKO'd him in the 3rd.

Interim Heavyweight Championship bout: Big Nog (c) vs. Frank Mir
After there stint in the TUF these two collided and the winner would face the New HW Champ Brock Lesnar after defeating Randy Couture. And to me it was a Pride vs. UFC kinda fight. As both were former Champs, Nog from Pride and Mir from UFC. And being a huge Pride Fanboy and seeing that i dislike Mir i was hoping for Big Nog to school him standing up and on the ground. I was shocked and disapointed Big Nog would lose to Mir in the second round tko!

Rampage Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva III!
I honestly didnt wanna see this matchup at first, because Wandy already had 2 KO wins on Rampage in PRIDE, so to me it didnt make sense. But Wandy had just came off a KO win of Jardine so i guess UFC was trying to prep him to be a contender and Rampage wanted to come back from losing his Title and they both have a longtime beef. And the finish, WOW! a Must see KO from Jackson.

Just a great card from bottom to top and one of my favorites i really enjoyed this onee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back