• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the Next Big Thing in Television or Movies?

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Well my last thread got shot down so hopefully this lasts longer than 5 minutes. I am asking the question what is the future of television? Throughout history we have gotten the remote, color, plasma screen, 3 d effects, even On Demand. But what possibly can the future hold? The question is in what way will movies/television evolve. I was struggling to come up with how it can possibly evolve and have come up with just a few ideas on how the future of televisions or movies can evolve.

I think that one way television could evolve would be to have 3D T.V shows but that is an obvious one. So then another thing I could think of would be to have new movies be available on Demand and at the theatre. Now some would say this would be incredibily stupid however I think that there are those who must see a new movie at the theatre and then there are those who just wait to see it ON Demand. So this would be the best of both worlds in that it would increase the amount of people buying the movies when it first came out and it would also still allow people to go into the threatre.

However I'm not as creative as some so if anyone can think of anything better it would be very cool.

Internet equipped televisions?

It seems cable and satellite providers are already losing costumers due to people surfing Youtube and Hulu for a tv show they could watch yesterday or 30 years ago. So what about a TV, with internet connection? Sounds cool right. In fact, I don't even know if this is actually a real thing or not. Imagine a world where you can watch anything you want when you want to. Youtube and Hulu are both availible through a click from your remote. How cool would that be? It would seem with the huge advances in technology, they're headed in the right path. It's often hard to look into the future when it comes to technology because everything changes so rapidly. Something may be in one week and forgotten the next. Hell, Smell-a-vision was a huge hope in the 80s.

Internet equipped televisions?

It seems cable and satellite providers are already losing costumers due to people surfing Youtube and Hulu for a tv show they could watch yesterday or 30 years ago. So what about a TV, with internet connection? Sounds cool right. In fact, I don't even know if this is actually a real thing or not. Imagine a world where you can watch anything you want when you want to. Youtube and Hulu are both availible through a click from your remote. How cool would that be? It would seem with the huge advances in technology, they're headed in the right path. It's often hard to look into the future when it comes to technology because everything changes so rapidly. Something may be in one week and forgotten the next. Hell, Smell-a-vision was a huge hope in the 80s.

I'm going to look into this however I am almost sure that they already have this at least in Canada. I'm pretty sure I've seen people connect to their T.V provider and actually watch T.V from their computer. I'll look into it however I'm 99% sure that this has already been made.

As for Smell-a-vision I easily think that this could be an awesome invention however I'm not sure it is necessarily all that plausible however with future technology who know?

I'm going to look into this however I am almost sure that they already have this at least in Canada. I'm pretty sure I've seen people connect to their T.V provider and actually watch T.V from their computer. I'll look into it however I'm 99% sure that this has already been made.

As for Smell-a-vision I easily think that this could be an awesome invention however I'm not sure it is necessarily all that plausible however with future technology who know?

Hm, I wasn't actually sure if this existed or not. Like I said, not just tv's, but technology in general is advancing very rapidly. In fact, I didn't actually realize 3D tvs were even out yet. So I'm pretty much out of the loop here. But as for Internet connected televisions, when will it become something that isn't new or it's the normal thing to have your tv's hooked up with internet connection? I was talking about tv's with internet already on them. No computer or anything like that. Just like a tv made by Google or something. I personally never really heard of anything like it.

Smell-a-vision was more of a joke, lulz.

I'm not sure that the television experience can be enhanced much more than it already has short of having the shows beamed directly into our brains. We've seriously made advancements beyond anything I could have ever imagined, and I'm sure that although I can't possibly think of any other way to enhance it, someone, somewhere is more ambitious than I and they'll figure something out.

There is one thing that I have thought of but it doesn't really enhance the experience. It's just something that I think could be useful and to my knowledge, no one else has done it. I'm talking about a Paging system for remotes. On cordless phones they have a button on the base that you can push and the phone would emit a sound so you could track it down. Wouldn't it be a good idea to put one of these on the Television set to track down lost remotes? Shit, a phone isn't much bigger than a remote anyhow, I don't see why the remote couldn't have a little speaker installed.

Other than that, can't really think of any way to better anything.

I'm pretty sure soon people are going to be able to find ways to watch cable without buying a receiver jsu tlike people have found how to download free music and such.

I have a stupid dream with Hologram Cinema!

Let me explain... Just imagine how cool was, if you went to a movie theater and somehow they just hologram the movie and we could see everything in the scenario for example the house were the actors are.

Something like a Movie Roller Coaster, every time they moved, we in someway feel that and we move alongside the actor.
When they were showing landscapes, we could feel that we were in the helicopter or something like that..
OMG going to a movie, was like traveling if they did that!

I know it is just a dream, but who knows?
Please Japanese we are counting on you!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back