What impact could coronavirus have to wrestling?

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
With the current news about the spread of coronavirus, what impact do you think it could have on the world of wrestling?

-Will it affect wrestling crowds who attend shows, since people are in fear of it spreading to a large number of people in places where many are congragated?

Also, how do you think it could affect the crowd at Wrestlemania 36? Do you think people will be scared off from attending?

-Will it affect wrestlers from Japan?

Japan is thought to be one of the hotspots of the virus (with people even questioning if the 2020 Olympic Games should stay in Tokyo or move).

How will this affect wrestlers who travel to and from Japan? Will it affect Japanese wrestlers and crowds?

-What about wrestling tours overseas?

Will some countries have their wrestling tours scrapped, if there is more risk of the virus?

So, what do you think could be implications of coronavirus on wrestling?

Football (soccer) in Europe is being cancelled or played behind closed doors, Indian Wells Tennis has been cancelled, 6 Nations Rugby had been cancelled.

It's having a massive effect and I wouldn't be shocked if WrestleMania had restrictions or was even cancelled.

I think the reaction to containing the virus took too long and now we're going to suffer the consequences.

Some positive things about the coronavirus on wrestling.

1) Having no crowds means that John Cena and Roman Reigns don't have to hear boos, and we don't get trolls in the crowd yelling 'C.M. Punk" and other unrelated things.

2) ROH, NWA and AEW would be used to seeing no crowds at their shows.

This is going to be a huge blow for indy wrestling in my opinion since they already lost the biggest weekend of the year for them with mania being moved to Orlando and with this crisis seemingly having no end in sight, they will lose a ton of money no just for the company but for the performers that use to live off wrestling.

Even the second tier of wrestling promotion like The NWA, MLW, ROH and IMPACT will have problems eventually as The NWA isn't producing anything new until June which means that no money is coming in for at less 2 and a half months. i don'T know if MLW, ROH and IMPACT will try to produce content for TV or just drop everything like NWA did but if they do, that's a lot of money that they lose as well.

AEW and WWE will lose money but because of who the owners are and the fact that both companies has a building where they can produce tv on a regular basis, the impact won'T be as much unless they are forced to stop taping stuff. Vince is losing a ton of money with this just with the fact he'S forced to move mania to the performance center. That's not really what he wanted but he'S stuck with it and that's shows how bad this crisis in general and on wrestling as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back