What If: Yokozuna

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
wrld-yokozuna02nd-1.jpg

Many believe Yokozuna was screwed over by the Company at Wrestlemania IX, when he won the title as quite possibly one of the most dominating heels they've ever seen, only to lose it in a mere matter of a couple moments to Hulk Hogan.

While Yokozuna regained the title, and effectively destroyed Hulkamania in the W.W.F for several years to follow, the question I'm asking in this thread is..

If Yokozuna didn't die, and had better control of his weight issues, how much more dominating would he have become?

Personally, I loved Yokozuna and everything about him. The guy was fricken 700lbs. at one point, yet moved quickly and seemingly with great ease. He was a former 2-time Heavyweight Champion, as well as a former 2-time Tag Team Champion and 1993 Royal Rumble winner. While in today's industry those are cake-walk achievements, the fact is back during the time that was for him.. they were still impressive.

I think if Yokozuna had gained better control over his weight, and didn't pass away he'd have won the Heavyweight title at least one to two more times, as well as having an even more dominating push as Champion, if there could be such a thing.

What are everyone else's feelings on Yokozuna, and do you believe if he didn't pass away/controlled his weight issues, he'd have been more dominating or had a better career still left ahead of him? Please make sure you explain yourself and your opinions. Thank You.

I, myself, was a huge fan of Yokozuna. When I first saw him wrestle, I was a kid and was amazed at how well he moved in the ring for a man his size. Everything about him appealed to me and I was a mark from the get-go. I always thought the finish at WrestleMania IX was bogus and just another way to give the spotlight to Hulk Hogan. I didn't see the reason for Yokozuna to lose to Hogan there and I still don't see the point.

Now, to the topic of the thread. I agree with you Will in that if he controlled his weight, he would of been more dominant in the WWE. He had a long title reign and was a credible, dominant champion at the time. He could of easily had 2 or 3 more reigns and stayed atop the main event scene for a while. Even when he came back from his absence, they gave him a good, strong tag team with Owen and this was when his weight was getting out of control. Imagine the push he would of had if he stayed with the company and kept his weight down. Sadly, his couldn't control his weight and ultimately it ended up tragically killing him. He will always be one of my favourites and it saddens me that he succumbed to his weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back