What if Wrestlemania 7

swany

Dark Match Jobber
What if Macho King Randy Savage won the career ending match?
if macho king wins the career ending match he's still a heel after wrestlemania 7
sherri is still with randy savage and doesn't show up later on after the virgil vs million dollar man match.
Who does the Macho King start a feud with after Wrestlemania then?
Who does the Undertaker end up fueding with after Wrestlemania then?
What is the Main Event at Summerslam 1991 then?

To be honest I think the Macho King had run it's course, As a heel he had feuded with all the top faces at the time.
I prefered him as a face but if he had to stay heel I would have put him in some kind of heel tag team maybe even with his brother Lanny.

Randy 'retired' after WM7 because he and Liz wanted to start a family, which sadly for them didn't happen... after which he had the wrestling bug to return, where the awesome fued with Jake Roberts was brought in as a reason to reinstate him.
Had he not turned face we wouldn't have had that awesome Jake fued.

But in hindsight to the question, had Randy stayed on as a heel and not retired for 8 months.... I agree that Randy was slipping slightly as the Macho King.
After fueding at the top of the card with Hogan, he was pushed down the card into a fued with (a then middle aged) Dusty Rhodes, who Vince had no intention of pushing.

I think Randy would have been a good heel opponent for a debuting Sid Justice in mid 1991.... his fued with Hogan had run its course.... and the Hogan/Warrior vs Slaughters team would have still main evented Summerslam.
Add Ric Flair to the mix... and you could have a great little stable of Flair, Savage and Curt Hennig.

I still think Randy turning face at some point makes sense... it was a beautiful moment when Randy and Liz embraced in the ring at WM7, even though they were married in real life, several members of the kayfabed audience were genuinely moved to tears, embracing after being apart for 2 years in the storylines.

With Hogan soon to depart in 1992, pushing Savage back as your top face (even temporarily before Bret Hart was ready for that push) makes sense, as Randy was an established star.

Let's just say for one minute that warrior was losing the retirement match instead of macho king.

I'm thinking that you wouldn't have the wrestlemania moment we all remember of elizabeth jumping the guard rail and saving savage from sherri and having the ultimate reunion of savage and elizabeth. Savage would have continue to dwindle in the mid card as the macho king character was getting pretty stail at this point and before his feud with warrior was stuck in mid card feuds with guys like duggan and dusty rhodes, so i'm guessing that savage would have move on to another mid card feud.

As far as the summerslam main event, i think that they probably would have went with sid justice as hogan's partner instead of warrior. Vince wanted to make sid the next hulk hogan since hogan was about to leave again and vince needed a replacement for hogan. So Sid was already chosen to be hogan's replacement and they would have given the hogan rub earlier then it was attended.

As far as undertaker is concern. I think ge probably would have continue beating up random superstar for a while until they were ready to put him with hogan after summerslam.

As mentioned above, I agree Macho as a heel ran its course and it was time for a change.

I still would have had him turn face and reunite with Liz after the match. I would slowly build him and Hogan patching things up which would lead to a one night reunion of the mega maniacs.

This would be at Summerslam 1991. The anti-American slaughter group also ran its course, I am surprised that continued after mania so I would take them out of the main event. My main event for summerslam 1991 would be Hogan and Savage vs Undertaker and Jake. This would transition nicely into the fall feuds of Hogan/Taker and Savage/Roberts.

You could have Savage and Liz get married on a episode of SNME over the summer with the same snake in the box ending with Jake and Taker. This could also be what reunites Hogan and Savage setting up summerslam 91.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back