What if Triple H had stayed in WCW?

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
You may know that Triple H was in WCW before moving on to the WWE. If you didn't know that you just learned something new.

He was primarily a Tag Team Wrestler who teamed up with William Regal. He asked to be pushed as a singles wreslter the WCW brass said no, so he left for WWE and the rest is history.

My question is this. What if the WCW brass had said yes and pushed him as a singles wrestler? Would we be watching WCW with Terra Ryzing as the 13 time WCW Champion. Would WCW still be competing with WWE? Would they still have gone out of business? What would have happened to HBK in the WWE without Triple H?

The "what ifs' are endless, but the landscape of Pro wrestling would not be the same if Triple H had never come to the WWE that much is certain

Now for your enjoyment a WCW World TV Title match. Terra Ryzing VS Larry Zybysko (c)
[youtube]SK4SWGHv4-w[/youtube]

very good question and i personaly dont think that wcw would not know how to use him because they were only pushing the older guys from wwe at that time and i dont think he would get the push he would have deserved and he would get lost in the shuffle of everything

Well, Terra Ryzing was repackaged into his first gimmick in WWE, a play on his first role in WCW...so HHH became what he wanted to be, it's just that WCW didn't think he had what it takes. I say he would have still been sent on his way.

Think about this...STEVE AUSTIN was sent on his way. Steve Austin was far more accomplished at this time than HHH was so what makes you think that WCW would have kept him around anyway? My opinion, they could have put HHH with the Hollywood BLondes along with Pillman and Austin. That would have been a great faction. They may have even made it in WCW. But alas, I believe the same thing would have happened today because HHH wouldn't let himself be treated like that and would have looked to greener pastures.

It's also wild to think that maybe HHH would have made it in WCW. What if all of a sudden, he becomes over, gets taken under the wing of Ric Flair, and becomes a star? Things may have been different. But I just don't see ANY circumstance where Terra Ryzing would have stayed in WCW.

it wouldnt of happened wcw would not how to push him as has been said b4 wcw were pushin the guys that came from wwe hogan nash macho man etc etc and didnt push there own guy eddie guerrero, chris benoit, rey Mysterio etc who all became world champs in wwe because they know how to push guys

I have no memories of Triple H as Terra Ryzing, but I do remember him as Jean Paul Levesque, mainly on WCW Saturday Night (before the Nitro days obviously). It was pretty much the exact gimmick he started in WWF with. He and Steven Regal had a good thing going as the Blue Bloods, and Hunter even second guessed going to WWF because of this mini push, but Regal advised him to go.

Honestly, I can't even begin to predict what would have happened had he chosen not to leave. No one can. But my guess would be he would have ended up being another Stunning Steve, meaning he wouldn't have found out exactly what character would have worked. Like Austin, Triple H evolved (pardon the pun) into what he is today over many years, undergoing subtle character changes until something just worked. Yes, I do think if WCW had given him the opportunity they never gave Austin that he could have eventually been a main event star, but not the level he is today (meaning his character, not his relationship with the McMahons and his backstage stroke). I love and miss WCW, but it just wasn't the place for Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

My first thought is that if Levesque had never left WCW, Stephanie would still be single and childless.:blush:

But WCW let people like Austin, Benoit, Pillman and Foley go......and where did they end up working? It would have been the same with Mr. Ryzing.

On the other hand, it might have been more interesting to see what would have happened if HHH was allowed to leave WWE when his friends Hall & Nash went to WCW. Remember that shoot interview he did? If he had gone to Turner and stayed there until the company folded, he would have returned to WWE but might never have achieved the exalted spot he holds today. That's a more interesting scenario.

Imagine triple h is a midcarder:|

its hard like but its what possibly would have happened if he stayed with WcW and got his push..he would have become a main event star possibly..then wwf would still buy out WcW (I doubt one man could save the company) and possibly..very possibly he could have came over with WcW in the InVasion storyline but remember..lots of big WcW stars didnt come over (i.e sting, goldberg, NWO) but the inVasion storyline didnt even involve trips as he was out with an injury at the time so if he did come over with WcW and invaded wwf who knows how it would have went, triple h has the ability and it could have been noticed and he mighta been pushed in wwf anyway and he might be just a step under orton and edge today

Now for the flip side, if he didnt come over with the WcW for the inVasion, he has a love for the business so im sure he woulda eveunatlly signed with wwf/e he wouldnt have got that big a push till about 2006 depending what time he came lets say the part of the arguement he came mid 2002 so he gets his push in 2006 but by this time theres many other superstars ahead of him and he cant use his non exsistant power backstage to get on top..so he signs with TNA

and became a mega star on TNA

and there yous have the story of "What if triple h stayed in WcW", hope you enjoyed it:)

I think the better question is "What if Triple H wasn't destroying the boss' daughter?" Seriously though, from what I've seen on WWE-funded wrestling dvds is that everyone saw something in HHH because he was knowledgeable about the business and was always striving to understand more of the history and always looking to get better. That in itself doesn't make you good. But it was a politics game, and HHH succeeded by kissing ass and naming names. HHH got lucky. He got lucky that he wooed the boss' daughter. He got lucky that the veterans answered his questions and took the time to talk with him (if that's actually true). He got lucky that DX happened. He got lucky that Shawn Michaels got hurt, putting him in charge of the biggest stable in WWE. He wasn't going to be Hunter Hearst Helmsley forever, but if certain things didn't happen, it's hard to say that he'd be even close to where he is. Think of how much pull he has within the company, and all of that came because of his connections with Vince.

Luck is involved (if HHH didn't pull the Kliq stunt to wish off the Outsiders, he would've been King of the Ring, not Stone Cold, and the memorable 3:16 speech would've never have happened) but for HHH it just seems like he caught break after break, and is now at the point in his career where he can have more titles than Ric Flair, he just has to ask.

Even in mentioning the Kliq...of those 4, HHH was the 4th at the time. He was lucky to have friends in higher places.

HHH would of never gotten past midcard status. WCW would of had no idea what to do with him and just like 90% of the talent in WCW he would just get wasted.

Ted Turner's wCw didn't know how to push new stars except one: Goldberg. They were obsessed with making the nWo virtually the entire roster, and keep making 40+ guys champion i.e. Nash, Hogan. And one critical mistake was they did not make Bret Hart the top guy like he was in WWE from '92-'97. They said Undertaker would never amount to anything that people would never buy a ticket to see him, and they said Austin couldn't do anything with black trunks and black boots, and what happened with them? Two of the biggest stars ever. And Ted Turner's wCw is dead. Vince should have made Turner sign the contract at Wrestlemania. What a slap in the face that would have been.

Pretty much the same as the HBK thread. WCW had no intentions of pushing someone with the look of a Triple H, especially the way he looked when he was IN WCW. They created what, about 2 new stars in roughly ten years? er yea, no doubt they wouldve passed Trips RIGHT up. He likely wouldve had a TV title run, maybe gotten some places in the US title division. I bet he wouldve ended up a lot like the radicalz and Jericho, someone who everyone saw loads of potential in, got underused in WCW, and went on to much bigger things in WWE.

If HHH had stayed in WCW, he would have been nothing more than a curtain jerker / lower mid-carder (e.g., Scotty Riggs, Glacier, and Hugh Morrus). However, he probably would have been brought over to WWE after the buyout, but he definitely would have never amounted to what he is now. It's a shame too, because I don't think HHH brings anything to the table in terms of wrestling (when he's a heel, he's pretty good on the mic, but his in-ring work is nothing special).

As someone already pointed out earlier, luck accounts for a lot of HHH's success. Whenever I think of HHH, I immediately think, "right time, right place."

HAHAHAHA! Triple H wouldn't make a 2 years in WCW before getin released!
the only reason he's so successful in the WWE is coz he has "Family Connections"! all he needs to do is bang Steph and BOOM 3 weeks later we have a new world champ TRIPLE H!

Hunter would have been a career mid-carder at best if he stayed in WCW. He wouldn't have had Vince Russo writing for him as he did during the early days of 'The Game' character, pushing younger stars and getting him over when the WWF was at it's creative and commercial peak.

If he even got the chance to progress past WCW's mid-card region, He wouldn't have had to calibre of talent to put him over when he got there.

Also, during the WWF's 'Attitude' days, HHH got over on the stick due to a string of catch phrases that the conservative WCW would never have let him use on television!...

It would be the same if he never married Steph ...

He would be a jobber to mid carder bouncing around from promotion to promotion trying to make it big right now ....

It would be the same if he never married Steph ...

He would be a jobber to mid carder bouncing around from promotion to promotion trying to make it big right now ....
Stuff like this is really getting annoying.

Triple H married Stephanie in 2003. He won countless titles before then so to say he would be a jobber or a midcader in misinformed.

This is only used by the people who just don't like Triple H when they can't think of anything intelligent to say

He would have probably been canned by WCW about 1996 and slotted either into ECW or All Japan... If he went with ECW , he gets over as a heel with his Flair-ist look and attitude, feuded with guys like Shane Douglas and RVD, before being re-hired by WCW in 98. McMichael is never a Horseman, and J.P LeVesque, as he'd probably have been called turns on Flair before he jumps as a 5th Radical the day after he wins the belt...

Seriously, his career would have gone somewhat similarly to Benoit's...

Stuff like this is really getting annoying.

Triple H married Stephanie in 2003. He won countless titles before then so to say he would be a jobber or a midcader in misinformed.

This is only used by the people who just don't like Triple H when they can't think of anything intelligent to say

The time when he got married to Steph & the time when him & Steph started having an affair are two totally different times. HHH's career skyrocketed after he started fucking the bosses daughter....

HHH is mediocre at best... He wouldn't be where he is if he weren't fucking Steph! Deal with it!:smashfreakB:

The time when he got married to Steph & the time when him & Steph started having an affair are two totally different times. HHH's career skyrocketed after he started fucking the bosses daughter....

HHH is mediocre at best... He wouldn't be where he is if he weren't fucking Steph! Deal with it!:smashfreakB:
This is such Bullshit it hilarious.

OK he married Stephanie in 2003 I'm going to assume he started dating her son after he broke up with Chyna in 2000 which still makes you argument completely wrong.

Before he started seeing Stephanie he won the IC title twice, won the King of the ring tournament, won the European title, and won the WWE title twice.

While it may not be much it is much more than the career of mediocre wrestler you see mot think he is. He to where is is today because he is that damn good and all you Triple H haters need to get over yourselves. My god

If Triple had stayed in WCW he would have never been a main eventer with them nor would he be as big of a superstar that he is today. He might have had some meaningless runs with the United States champion, the TV title, and maybe even the Hardcore title. He might have also been paired up with some random wrestler and won the tag team titles. Other than that and having some maybe good feud or some meaningless feuds he would have eventually gotten fed up with not being used right in WCW and he would have eventually realized that he wasn't going to be a main eventer so he would have jumped ship to the WWF and possibly go on to become pretty successful with them. Also we might of never seen DX nor would we have seen Evolution. So no Evolution might also mean no Randy Orton or Batista.

I think it's pretty safe to say that if Triple H had stayed with WCW longer he would not be as successful as he currently is and there would be a lot of things that we wouldn't have seen and would have never happened.

Keep telling yourself that kid...... keep telling yourself that ...
The fuck?! I will keep telling myself that mostly because it's true. You're acting like I pulled that out of my ass when anyone who isn't blinded my jealousy and/or hatred for the man could tell you that what I said was 100% true and actually happened. You need to get over yourself and realize that Triple H is good and he is one of the best of this Generation. So please provide facts that Triple H is mediocre, until then stop making a fool out of yourself with this inane babbling.

This is such Bullshit it hilarious.

OK he married Stephanie in 2003 I'm going to assume he started dating her son after he broke up with Chyna in 2000 which still makes you argument completely wrong.

Before he started seeing Stephanie he won the IC title twice, won the King of the ring tournament, won the European title, and won the WWE title twice.

While it may not be much it is much more than the career of mediocre wrestler you see mot think he is. He to where is is today because he is that damn good and all you Triple H haters need to get over yourselves. My god

I agree and I don't like the guy. He was getting to the top regardless if he was banging Steph or not. His push was already starting before he was with her anyway.

Now I do feel he gets special treatment now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back