• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What If Triple H Did Not Get Injured In 2001?...y

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikde_

I'm from Winnepeg you idiot!
So i was wondering...what would have happened if triple h had not torn his quad in 2001? What role would he have played in the Invasion angle? Would he have won the royal rumble? Would he have main evented Wrestlemania X8? Would Y2J have even become the first ever undisputed champion?

There is a ton of different possibillities that could have happened between the time he was injured and WM X8 so i wanna know what you think would have happened or what you would have done with The Game during this time?

I've always wondered how HHH would've fit into the Invasion angle...was he a heel or a face at the time? Even if he was a heel, I would've seen him leading the WWF/E charge, especially when Austin turned heel and went with the ECW/WCW Alliance.

It's interesting to speculate because it could have been done effectively either way. Wrestling fans remember the shoot interview in which he professed a desire to follow his buddies to WCW, right? Creative could have used that angle to show Triple H embracing the interlopers from the wrestling organization he would have joined had he been allowed to.

On the other hand, WWE management might have come up with an angle that showed Triple H repelling the invaders, morphing him even earlier into the mega-star he eventually became.

But there's no predicting which way it would have gone; given the way WWE messed up so many elements of the invasion, they might have chosen the least effective path for Triple H, as well.

That damn quad.:banghead:

The Invasion was a mess and it seemed like there were constantly having people jumping the fence between sides. As a result, HHH could have gone to either side, maybe both over the course of the angle. Personally, I think he would have stayed with Team WWF.

I think he would've turned on austin and become a babyface and maybe playing kurt's role in the invasion angle, which means he would've been fueding with austin during the whole angle. Also, hhh's injury helped guys like jericho and angle to get a huge push.

I'm fairly confident that had Trips not gotten injured, that the invasion angle would not have taken place. Now of course it's speculation, but I'm confident in that regard. Lance Storm made a run in a week later and that was the beginning of it all, if my memory serves correct. Now, had he not gotten injured, we wouldn't have his epic return 8 months later, the Invasion storyline probably gets pushed back to when all of the big WCW talent could sign over, Goldberg, nWo, Sting, so on and so forth. But because the Rock wasn't around and Austin was doing his heel turn and buddy-buddy thing with Vince, Trips was needed for a while.

As far as what else would have happened had he stayed, I'll guess that The Two Man Power Trip would have stayed around for a while, either finishing some feud with Jericho/Benoit for the tag titles and then somehow turning on each other to feud until either SummerSlam or possibly pushing it to No Mercy or Survivor Series.

I'm fairly confident that had Trips not gotten injured, that the invasion angle would not have taken place. Now of course it's speculation, but I'm confident in that regard. Lance Storm made a run in a week later and that was the beginning of it all, if my memory serves correct. Now, had he not gotten injured, we wouldn't have his epic return 8 months later, the Invasion storyline probably gets pushed back to when all of the big WCW talent could sign over, Goldberg, nWo, Sting, so on and so forth. But because the Rock wasn't around and Austin was doing his heel turn and buddy-buddy thing with Vince, Trips was needed for a while.

As far as what else would have happened had he stayed, I'll guess that The Two Man Power Trip would have stayed around for a while, either finishing some feud with Jericho/Benoit for the tag titles and then somehow turning on each other to feud until either SummerSlam or possibly pushing it to No Mercy or Survivor Series.

I agree with this. If HHH hadn't gotten injured they would've either:

A.) Turn him face down the road to do a HHH/Austin feud
B.) Keep him heel and then have Rock return and getting revenge on the Power Trip.

The Invasion wasn't supposed to happen as early as it did.

My guess, and what I would have loved to see, is the Two Man Power Trip being unstoppable and running rampant (maybe adding a third person for a three man power trip) for at least until the bigger names were available from WCW. Then when it looks like the WWF was under the thumb and under dictatorship with Vince, Stone Cold, and HHH, the invasion begins and things start getting shaken up. I also believe Sting would have signed with WWF if the invasion was pushed back since he wouldn't have seen other WCW guys getting shafted by the Vince .

If HHH had not gotten injured, he would have continued burying the mid card in the two man power trip,. There is no way HHH would have put over any of the WCW guys. mAYBE fLAIR MAY HAVE COME IN SOONER THAN HE DID, and Jericho would not have won the Undisputed Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back