What if Tony Kahn pick you as to Replace him as the head of AEW

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
With AEW being one year old today and i similar thread was done about WWE. I thought that it would be fun to do one about AEW as well.

So here what i would do if i was replacing Tony Kahn.

First and that's the most important part of the whole thing. The elite would be remove from their job as executive. Some of the problems are coming from the top. Cody is pretty good as his job as a executive mostly because he was in the business for a good portion of his life but Omega and the bucks shouldn't be in charge of anything. Nothing against them but Omega's job as far as the women's division as been awful since the start and same goes with the bucks for the tag team division.

Secondly, again like for WWE, watch who can make you money outside of your already set fan base and focus on them and either find another role for those that don't fit or release them and hire people that would fit what you want the company about.

If you want to keep the rankings stuff, actually make those rankings matter. That's one of the problem they had since they started, respecting those rankings. Too many time did somebody on a losing streak as gotten a title shot for no reason or they make it fit whatever storyline they want to tell. Also if Cody can't challenge for the world title, don't focus him in the world title rankings. It makes everybody below him look bad.

The announce team need a makeover, Where i would go is a 2 man booth with either Tony or Jim ross on play by play and Excalibur on Color. Right now you got 3 play by play guy and they're all stepping on each other. Also whoever is taken out of the commentary team would go do interviews.

Listen more to the fans, if a gimmick doesn't work(dark order) stop it and repackaged guys are worth it.

Repackage the whole women's division. They're so much great experience talent on the indies that could make the division a way better division instead of having all these inexperience wrestler. I would Hire Lufisto, kimber lee, shazza mackenzie and other women's that actually could help make this division better and Also, if Lufisto is interested, Make her the head of the women's division and actually have somebody that know how to promote a women's division.

i wouldn't give total creative freedom to the talent. If they have a good idea, i wouldn't stand in their way but i would hire somebody that would be the head of wrestling creative who knows how to streamline those idea and make it better to attract a new audience

Finally, this is a 2 parts thing. First i would tell everybody to stop taking shot at WWE, it make them look bad when they do that plus with the fact that most of the top of that card are former WWE guys anyway. The final part would be to just deliver on what you promise. They promise a completely different presentation and the more they advance, the more it look like a waterdown WWE product. They want a sport base presentation and they're giving us indy sports entertainment.

I'd remove JR from commentary but promote him in a sense to overlook booking and to help Cody. I'd ask Raven or Jake Roberts to help out too.

Put Malenko in charge of a Jr Heavyweight Division, AEW is not short of "lightweight" talent.

House-shows aren't making much, if any money and I would either book one per week in small venues to help young talent on the roster that could maybe do with it to help them craft their skills or book tours of Mexico, Canada, UK now and again.

There would be a few talent cuts, Jack Evans rarely gets used, the likes of Nakazawa, majority of The Dark Order too, Jimmy Havoc, Angelico.

I'd hire The Revolt, Rusev a couple of female talents and that would probably do for the foreseeable.

Also, less of the overkill, I seen MJF take a Canadian Destroyer, bounce up off the ropes and hit a superkick in the immediate aftermath, there's other stuff as well where it's almost like an exhibition training show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back