• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What If: The Aftermath of the Invasion Angle

Paradox100

Pre-Show Stalwart
So, as we all know, the invasion angle was based on WCW and ECW trying to take down the force that is, WWF. Now, we all know it was storyline, but, stay with me here. I was talking to my brother yesterday while we watched ECW one night stand 2006, and he told me this. "I always thought that after Vince bought WCW and ECW, he shouldn't have just killed the shows off. He should have made one show for ECW, WCW, and WWF." Which I would have loved to see. Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff were in WWE in 2002, and they could have been the GM of their respected brands.

He also said how they should have different EVERYTHING for each show. Like, Give Eric some power if he was GM of WCW. Give Paul some power if he was GM of ECW. Keep ECW a late night show, keep it extreme, keep it hardcore. Then you have WCW, change it a bit, so you know, it's enjoyable. Put the wrestlers on here, not as much gimmicks. Then Keep WWF, and have it the gimmicky wrestling, as it was. But keep some of the great wrestlers they had too.

Separate writers, separate bosses, keep the other two shows not as in touch with WWE. People would watch, and Vince would make a lot of money from it. The "Fuck WCW, Fuck WWF attitude." for ECW. Upgrade WCW some, and keep the main show the way it was. I don't know, what do you guys think?

They still would have had to do the InVasion at some point. There were so many matches that people wanted to see.

The problem wasn't anything more than the watered down version of WCW that we got. There was no Sting, no Hogan, no Flair. Without those three, all we got was the midcard, and a few of the newer, lesser established top card guys. I enjoyed the idea of Booker T vs. The Rock, but the idea of Goldberg vs. Stone Cold was what everyone wanted, but by the time Goldberg got to WWE, his role had changed as had the landscape of the WWE.

If you give every "company" a show, I guess you slow down the angle. I think Paul E. brings Lesnar to ECW, has him destroy someone on WWE. WCW would act scared, join forces with WWE, and then turn on them in a 10 in 10 match the turns into a 15 on 5 beatdown.

I think what Paradox100 said would of been a great idea.. It would of def worked and made a lot more excitement to wrestling, remember wrestling had there best ratings ever during the Monday Night Wars but even tho it would all be a storyline it would still bring a lot of interest and viewers... and as for the other guy saying "The problem wasn't anything more than the watered down version of WCW that we got. There was no Sting, no Hogan, no Flair. Without those three, all we got was the midcard, and a few of the newer, lesser established top card guys." That would of made it even better by having WcW the leasty quality brand of the 3 until a yr later when, BOOM the NWO comes back and saved WCW and joins forces with them and try to take down the WWE and ECW like they tried taking over WCW then they started the stable there... Hogan/Nash/Hall.. Joining WCW to help take over the WWE.. Or u could of just had Hall and Nash come to WCW and add a couple more people to the NWO and later on when WWE was losing the battle.. They could of brang the Real American Red and Yellow Hogan to WWE to help fight the WCW brand... But whatever just my thoughts that would be fuking sick as hell.. Wrestling sucks ass now.. Its so bad. and John Cena will never ever be as big as Hulk Hogan! Not even as big as Randy Savage or the Warrior. Period!

I think what Paradox100 said would of been a great idea.. It would of def worked and made a lot more excitement to wrestling, remember wrestling had there best ratings ever during the Monday Night Wars but even tho it would all be a storyline it would still bring a lot of interest and viewers...

Because the InVasion didn't start well? It started as a house of fire. It just so happened that the momentum stopped because instead of Austin vs. Goldberg, we got Scotty too Hotty vs. Rey Mysterio, or whatever crap got shoved down our throats. In all honesty, Torrie and Stacy made the most impact in the first few months of the InVasion than any of the wrestlers.
and as for the other guy saying "The problem wasn't anything more than the watered down version of WCW that we got. There was no Sting, no Hogan, no Flair. Without those three, all we got was the midcard, and a few of the newer, lesser established top card guys." That would of made it even better by having WcW the leasty quality brand of the 3 until a yr later when, BOOM the NWO comes back and saved WCW and joins forces with them and try to take down the WWE and ECW like they tried taking over WCW then they started the stable there... Hogan/Nash/Hall..

If I translate what you said correctly, you are saying that the nWo should have come back to save WCW? This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Why would they do this? Paradox' idea was the keep the brands seperate. nWo wouldn't be saving WCW. They would be invading it, again. Your idea is for Vince to buy WCW, and then redo their last three years of TV. You are also a proponent of letting a TV show suck for a year so you can have a surprise nWo entrance. Who exactly would be watching after a year of shit TV? It seems kind of stupid to me to give up 52 programs, and several PPV's worth of money just to pop one rehashed storyline.
Joining WCW to help take over the WWE.. Or u could of just had Hall and Nash come to WCW and add a couple more people to the NWO and later on when WWE was losing the battle.. They could of brang the Real American Red and Yellow Hogan to WWE to help fight the WCW brand...

Because no would be able to sniff that one out. All the InVasion needed was bigger stars than Booker T to lead WCW in a battle vs. the WWE. No offense to Booker, but he wasn't enough.
But whatever just my thoughts that would be fuking sick as hell..

I disagree.
Wrestling sucks ass now.. Its so bad. and John Cena will never ever be as big as Hulk Hogan! Not even as big as Randy Savage or the Warrior. Period!

You just had to shove that in at the end? Here's an idea, if you don't like wrestling, don't come to a message board for it. Take up golf.

LMAO wow there killa bee... This is a wrestling forum and i think this is for fun and that i'm allowed to say my opinions like everyone else.. I still watch wrestling.. It's in my blood, I been watching it my whole life since 1988 to be exact... I just said wrestling sucks so bad now compared to what it used to be thats all.. What are you mad because i said john cena sucks and will never get the hype Hogan ever did? The guy gets boo's and hes suppose to be the top Face in the company... U must be like 16 yrs old or something... I think my idea and the other guy who posted this thread was a good idea.. I said my thoughts and u said yours.. Don't tell me i'm welcome to this thread, Well guess what.. I think your idea sucks cause if you didn't notice.. Wrestling is in a shithole right now.. I will prob stop watching it for good once HBK, The Undertaker and Triple H all retire.. and when I know that Hulk Hogan will never come back.. Then thats when i'm gonna stop watching it for good... The only guy i see carrying WWE in the future is Jack Swagger... ight kid.. peace

I don't think that would be such a great idea if Vince had 3 different companies going. It would be to much and eventually lead to something bad. I mean you basically have 2 of the same product style with different names. One show would suffer as the other would bet in prime light. ECW would probably be like it is now mainly where rookies go and make their name a little then move up. If WCW and WWF were running it wouldn't seem like the WWF actually beat WCW after all.

Also I think Vince wanted to be able to say he killed WCW. That he was responsible for destroying it. I think WCW really pissed him off. ECW I don't think made him as angry as he has put out more ECW dvds and stuff.

Vince really should have bought off 1 or 2 contracts of the huge stars, he should have bought Flair and Goldbergs. Vince really should have watched some old WCW tapes and seen how Eric got it right for so long with the nWo. He had the smarts to make them look much stronger and although he dragged the nWo out for too long. The Invasion should have been the biggest story in wrestling history but Vince blew it.

agree with Bobbywoodhogan. the invasion had NO power whatsoever. i mean really, they didn't bring in anyone to fued with stone cold. instead, he had to fight angle. anyways, i think maybe hogan or goldberg making the rock vs austin a triple threat could have been amazing. get the rock "hurt" before the match and bring in one of the two. that'd be WCW vs WCW. as for ECW, just split the roster and throw them around til they land. sorry, i'm about like jerry lawler about ECW. maybe vince will buy out TNA if they get big and invasion II and make it big...ha i'm dreamin'

I think that would've worked well, but something hit me when I played CM Punk's RTWM on SDVR09, and that is Tazz points out about how ECW Originals put there bodies on the line for entertainment. See they did do that and it took its toll on them, so I think that if we still saw it, it wouldn't have been the same as the 90's version of ECW because of how rough and hardcore they were, there bodies would have been banged up, injuries would have eventually took its toll on the ECW Originals and it wouldn't have been the same. I have no problem with WWE's version of ECW other than the name itself, nothing is hardcore about it, but they do well in establishing young superstars. They could change the name of it and there wouldn't be any problems, and it would be better for Dreamer because then he could act as a trainer or a mentor to the younger talent, however he most likely does that anyways.

i cant see vince putting his name 2 a ECW brand that caused so much contraversy and liability.
and im guessing he resented WCW 4 just being a poor-mans WWF.

However i would love 2 see heyman and bishoff back because they are great at drawing heat as big bad boss sorta guys.
Better than shane anyways.

I think Vince should have kept it separate with the occasional (Big 4 PPVs) inter-promotional matches. Today we have Raw, Smackdown, and WWECW when instead we could be watching WWE, WCW, and ECW. I’ve always said that Eric and Paul could be great if they were “running” the Blue and Black show, respectively, but the idea of having WCW and the “Real” ECW today is so much better. Having 3 “separate” promotions, instead of what it is today, 1 promotion, 3 brands, would give the viewers a sense of “real” competition. Oh well. It is what it is.

So, as we all know, the invasion angle was based on WCW and ECW trying to take down the force that is, WWF. Now, we all know it was storyline, but, stay with me here. I was talking to my brother yesterday while we watched ECW one night stand 2006, and he told me this. "I always thought that after Vince bought WCW and ECW, he shouldn't have just killed the shows off. He should have made one show for ECW, WCW, and WWF." Which I would have loved to see. Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff were in WWE in 2002, and they could have been the GM of their respected brands.

He also said how they should have different EVERYTHING for each show. Like, Give Eric some power if he was GM of WCW. Give Paul some power if he was GM of ECW. Keep ECW a late night show, keep it extreme, keep it hardcore. Then you have WCW, change it a bit, so you know, it's enjoyable. Put the wrestlers on here, not as much gimmicks. Then Keep WWF, and have it the gimmicky wrestling, as it was. But keep some of the great wrestlers they had too.

Separate writers, separate bosses, keep the other two shows not as in touch with WWE. People would watch, and Vince would make a lot of money from it. The "Fuck WCW, Fuck WWF attitude." for ECW. Upgrade WCW some, and keep the main show the way it was. I don't know, what do you guys think?

Your brother is a fuckin' genius. That's what I've been saying ever since they started this brand extension thing. Now, he'd have something for everybody and those of us who don't watch Hannah Montana after school will have something to watch with ECW.

Yes, I too agree. What is the point of have 2 ½ shows of the same $#!+, when the WWE can have 3 totally different styles of television?? I think it would be great, but I believe Vince is just going with what works and multiplies that as much as he can.

But to the guys who posted, I know this would be hard for Vince to do, but my idea was that, Vince owns all three brands. But the brands writers and bosses, made the decisions. Keep ECW on a more man channel, (Spike?) Put WCW back on TNT or something. Then, keep WWF on USA. But Vince shouldn't make go on tv, and say "Hey, I own the other two shows" Sure, people would know, but keep the shows they were, make people believe it's the real thing.

I mean, can you imagine an ECW fan, who watched wrestling in the 90's, and stopped watching after ECW went bankrupt. He didn't know about the bring back of ECW. he flips through the channels, and sees ECW on, and he's amazed, he puts it on. He would be so pissed at what it became.

Now, after the demise of both WCW and ECW, people would love to see all three shows on. I mean,
if you don't like WWE, then you watch TNA. That's our only alternative. (and Vice versa) But if you didn't like WWF or WCW, you can watch ECW. (and vice versa) Vince would make a shit load of cash along the way too.

I read the other day, that the Rise and Fall of ECW is the second most bough wrestling DVD of all time. PEOPLE WANT IT, AND PEOPLE MISS IT. If the real ECW was still around, it would have better ratings, that would equal to more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back