• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What If Jeff Hardy Was Still With WWE?

TheJbody

Dark Match Winner
So I was thinking about a few wrestlers who are no longer with the WWE. And I wondered about where they would be in the WWE today. So I am going to be making a few threads about these wrestlers.

The first one is Jeff Hardy. Now I know Jeff has been in a lot of trouble recently but I was thinking would all this have happened if he stayed with WWE. Would he be the #2 guy instead of Orton or Punk?

So, where would Jeff Hardy be if he didn't leave the WWE?

This question is actually quite null and void. If he were have to been caught with as many drugs as he was while under WWE contract, I'm pretty sure that would have been his third strike anyways. Where he would have still went to TNA and had the most embarrassing main event in that company's history. Point blank, I still think with everything that happened he would still not be with WWE.

Hardy would be in about the same position as Jo Mo right now, or in the Smackdown H/W title picture as that extra guy for a tripple threat.

Hardy was never going to last with the popularity that he had when he made his return....Hardy would have had a fall from grace with or without his Drug Fallout.

This question is actually quite null and void. If he were have to been caught with as many drugs as he was while under WWE contract, I'm pretty sure that would have been his third strike anyways. Where he would have still went to TNA and had the most embarrassing main event in that company's history. Point blank, I still think with everything that happened he would still not be with WWE.

This, but also for the sake of the thread I'll say where I think he would be had he stayed in the WWE and there were no drug problems to effect his career.

Hardy was without a doubt a true main eventer in the WWE and was battling for the World Heavyweight Championship around the time he left. So lets say he were on SD! right now, he would probably be in the postition that Orton is in where he's one of the bigger names on the roster but not the immediate contender for the title. Raw would be a better fit for him match up wise but on Smackdown!, I would say that now he would be a good guy to have fueding with the likes of Cody Rhodes or Christian. Eventually he could move up to Mark Henry, I've enjoyed the matches with Morrison avoiding standing in front of MH and using the ropes and his agility to attack. Hardy would bring that same element but with alot more talent, and I think that alot of people would love to see that.

Aside from Hardy's obvious issues with drugs and consistency, he is an excellent performer when he's on and having him on the roster would be a treat. But unfortunatly that's not the case and the idiot will never be back, TNA is his home now and that aint gonna change unless he gets dropped by them too and ends his career.

This thread has been done so many times and since I've commented on all of the previous ones I'll share my 2 cents on this topic once again with you, Jbody. If Jeff Hardy continued on the path that he was on in the summer of 2009, Jeff Hardy would be the top face of the WWE and the Punk-Hardy feud would've gone down as one of the best feuds in pro wrestling history.

This seems like an opinionated question so a lot of these Hardy-haters are going to throw in their opinion and say "Jeff is garbage he has no talent" and "Jeff wouldn't last in the WWE" but I'm going to go with fact to back up my claim. The fact is Jeff Hardy was the most over person in the WWE from June-August 2009. One could even argue he was the most over person from as far as November 2008 but I think anyone who watched in 2009 would agree that he was undisputedly the most over person on the roster in the summer of 2009. It's also a fact that Jeff Hardy main evented the ppv's in July and August, delivering his A-game in both matches. He was on top of the world, and there was seemingly no end to his popularity, but this is where my opinion comes in:

Jeff Hardy probably would've maintained his popularity and went on to headline WrestleMania 26 while Punk most likely would've maintained his massive heat and headlined the same show for the other brand. Hardy vs. Cena would've been money, as well as Hardy/Morrison (he definitely could've elevated JoMo to the main event just like he did for Punk) and maybe even Hardy/Miz. I'm not saying Hardy is the best wrestler, I'm not saying he's good on the mic (because he's HORRENDOUS on the mic), but I am saying that he was over and he had that "IT" factor that the crowd just couldn't ignore. He surpassed Cena in the summer of 09 and I think Cena and Hardy would be on top of the WWE in 2011 with top heels Orton and Punk trying to take their titles.

Assuming that Jeff wasn't having the problems with drugs that he's been facing for awhile now, I do think he still would've been one of the WWE's top faces instead of a shadow of his former self. The fact is, the guy was ridiculously over with the fans and every time you tuned into an episode of Smackdown you would find fans wearing his armbands and merchandise. I'm not sure if he would've been a permanent main eventer but at the very least, right now he'd be at the upper midcard making transitions into the main event picture every now and then while also putting over the younger talent (a la Chris Jericho).

However, assuming we're talking about the Jeff Hardy that we all know now he probably would've been released at some point especially given WWE's hard crackdown on drug use. Just look at how many suspensions have happened in the past year alone. Unless Jeff was able to keep his head on straight, I see little reason why he wouldn't have been one of those suspended guys if not released.

Jeff Hardy is the reason I stopped watching the WWE. He had and never did have any business going for the World Championship. I always like Matt Hardy a lot better...

This thread has been done so many times and since I've commented on all of the previous ones I'll share my 2 cents on this topic once again with you, Jbody. If Jeff Hardy continued on the path that he was on in the summer of 2009, Jeff Hardy would be the top face of the WWE and the Punk-Hardy feud would've gone down as one of the best feuds in pro wrestling history.

This seems like an opinionated question so a lot of these Hardy-haters are going to throw in their opinion and say "Jeff is garbage he has no talent" and "Jeff wouldn't last in the WWE" but I'm going to go with fact to back up my claim. The fact is Jeff Hardy was the most over person in the WWE from June-August 2009. One could even argue he was the most over person from as far as November 2008 but I think anyone who watched in 2009 would agree that he was undisputedly the most over person on the roster in the summer of 2009. It's also a fact that Jeff Hardy main evented the ppv's in July and August, delivering his A-game in both matches. He was on top of the world, and there was seemingly no end to his popularity, but this is where my opinion comes in:

Jeff Hardy probably would've maintained his popularity and went on to headline WrestleMania 26 while Punk most likely would've maintained his massive heat and headlined the same show for the other brand. Hardy vs. Cena would've been money, as well as Hardy/Morrison (he definitely could've elevated JoMo to the main event just like he did for Punk) and maybe even Hardy/Miz. I'm not saying Hardy is the best wrestler, I'm not saying he's good on the mic (because he's HORRENDOUS on the mic), but I am saying that he was over and he had that "IT" factor that the crowd just couldn't ignore. He surpassed Cena in the summer of 09 and I think Cena and Hardy would be on top of the WWE in 2011 with top heels Orton and Punk trying to take their titles.

I can go for pages on reasons why i hate jeff hardy, but you my friend are 100% correct. i loved CM Punk at the time (and still do) but holyyyy the reactions jeff would get were beyond anyone. It actually made me start to like him. something about him always drew to people, and when he finally got pushed people were going crazy for him. He would definitely be a number one guy if he stayed with WWE, and i bet ortton would have stayed heel, and Punk would probably do the same thing he did now, since he would have still been pissed for not being used as much. Point is, Jeff Hardy would have been extremely successful uf he stayed with the wwe

If Jeff Hardy stayed in the WWE, I think we would have seen the following 10 events occur.

Jeff Hardy would have won the Blue Money In The Bank Case and paint it Purple.

Matt Hardy would have won the Red Money In The Bank Case and paint it Purple.

Matt Hardy would have won the WWE and World Title.

The Hardy Boyz V.1 (Heels) would have been Unified WWE Tag Team Champions at some point feuding with Jeri-Show, DX, The Hart Dynasty, Rhodes and McIntyre, and finally, The Nexus.

Edge, Christian and The Hardys would have formed a Stable of some sorts as Tweeners / New Generation version D-Generation X. I think they should go with the Stable name “The Brood”. That gives me the chills. Taker could have used a Heel turn around 2009 or 2010 at WM XXV or WM XXVI then turn Face right after the match. No big deal, but the Streak on the line with the Ministry of Darkness as his backup in either encounter against Mr. WrestleMania would have been great with Triple H, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and X-Pac as HBK’s backup, right?? Yeah!!)

Hardy Boyz Explode II!! Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy for the WWE or World Title at WrestleMania

The Hardys would have been “Pros” on NXT.

Samoa Joe (D’Angelo Dinero) would have been the inaugural Immortal World Champion.

We would never have seen that Purple Belt of Jeff’s. I’m still waiting for the $15 version of it, Jakks TNA IW. Help Jeff out and sell them.

Jeff Hardy would have been siding with CM Punk at this very moment.

Plain and simple: if Jeff had stayed in WWE, he would have been fired immediately after he got arrested. If he had still been with WWE when that happened, it would have been a public relations nightmare for them.

This could go one of two ways:

1) WWE would have somehow kept him in line and he would have been a top face rivaling Cena in popularity. Some may argue that this wouldnt happen because he isnt the greatest talker, but he was the perfect example of someone who didnt really need to talk. Just go back and watch some of the stuff from right before he left the company. The guy was ridiculously over, probably more than Cena depending on the night.

2) He still would have been caught with drugs and fired for strike number 3.

Personally I like to think it would have been option 1, as he was one of my favorites back when he was with the company, but I guess we'll never know, because I cant see the WWE taking him back

If he was still in WWE he'd be making millions of dollars...the kids loved him so much, he probably lost 60% of his children fanbase when he went to TNA because they simply wouldn't follow him to that product. Even little kids know TNA sucks, what does that tell you?

I'd love to see Jeff have an HBKesque awakening and turn his life around and return to WWE and cement his legacy as one of the greatest in ring performers ever. From the looks of it, it doesn't look like it will happen. But just think. They still included him on top 50 superstars of all time. He's been on recent WWE DVD releases. They aren't cutting ties with him fully. They know he still has immense talent and that if he does turn his life around, he can still go for another decade.

Jeff Hardy is the reason I stopped watching the WWE. He had and never did have any business going for the World Championship. I always like Matt Hardy a lot better...

umm.....Matt Hardy is a trainwreck, one could argue his recent actions make him worse than Jeff....at least Jeff can still put on a 5 star match despite his real life issues. Matt got out of shape and just gave up.

Okay,i'm just going to make a quick timeline of what would have happened if he stayed with WWE

August 28th,2009-Jeff Hardy loses to CM Punk in a Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship with the stipulation of "Loser Leaves WWE"(Kayfabe).Let contract run out to heal injuries(2 Herniated Discs & Restless Leg Syndrome)

January 8th,2010-Jeff Hardy re-signs with WWE & makes his Smackdown return attacking CM Punk while Punk he's cutting a SES promo

January 31st,2010-Hardy wins his spot in the Rumble & lasts a long time but fails to win because of Punk

Elimination Chamber-Hardy is close to winning but loses the WHC Elimination Chamber Match.Hardy feuds with Punk until the Chamber match.

Wrestlemania XXVI-Jeff Hardy Vs Edge Vs Chris Jericho World Heavyweight Championship. Hardy would come up short but have most of the best spots in the match.

Extreme Rules-Hardy would face Edge,Jericho,& Punk in a TLC Fatal Four Way because Hardy & Edge are both most experienced in that type of match,but would fail to win again.After ER,Hardy would take about 3 Months off to relax & take time off,but still signed to WWE

Summerslam-Hardy would return & join the feud with Team WWE against Nexus,leading into the Team WWE against Team Nexus match along with Cena,Hart,Edge,Jericho,Morrison & Truth.

Bragging Rights-Hardy would join team Smackdown along with Big Show,Mysterio,Swagger,Del Rio,Edge,& Kingston.

Survivor Series-Jeff would feud with Edge & Kane up to the PPV winning the WHC by Swantoning both Kane & Edge while one was pinning the other.

TLC-Hardy would defend the WHC against Kane,Del Rio,& Edge in a Fatal Four Way TLC match,retaining the title meaning WWE would be pushing the hell out of him again

Royal Rumble 2011-Hardy would defeat Edge & Ziggler in a Triple Threat Match

Elimination Chamber-Hardy would lose WHC Elimination Chamber Match to Edge

Wrestlemania 27-Hardy would fail to regain the WHC in a Triple Threat Match against Edge & Del Rio with Edge retaining.Hardy would take a huge amount of time off.

Summerslam-Hardy would make his return attacking Christian & Orton but still as a babyface

Night Of Champions-Hardy would lose against Orton & Henry with Henry winning the title.

After that Hardy would be put back down to Mid-Card because they wouldn't have any room for him to be main eventing

umm.....Matt Hardy is a trainwreck, one could argue his recent actions make him worse than Jeff....at least Jeff can still put on a 5 star match despite his real life issues. Matt got out of shape and just gave up.

agree with you on Matt Hardy being a trainwreck and even moreso then Jeff, but totally don't agree that Hardy can put on a 5 star match. He's hasn't been able to do that in years.

He's sloppy and dangerous.

this is meant to be a fun what if, snarky ********s, so lets assume he stayed and avoided the arrest.

His flash in the pan character style would have held thanks to what would have been a wildly successful feud with CM Punk, I would have liked to see Jeff stay fired for awhile after the cage match that he lost to CM Punk on smackdown (which was a loss and your gone match to those who don't remember). I would like to see CM Punk win his final-of-the-feud match with Rey Mysterio, and aim to take the mask off, then right before he takes off the mask, Hardy's music hits, we all know the crowd would have exploded. Hardy's clears the ring.

After that I see Hardy primed for a Royal Rumble win, that was the next step for him in my opinion.

With Hardy being the face champ I also think we would have gotten the heel John Morrison we wanted.

We could have had Edge's last match be an Edge & Christian vs the Hardy Boys; neat.

Hardy, being Triple H's little buddy would have definatly been out there with Punk and Cena to support HHH, and maybe Sheamus wouldn't have been.

Realistically, everything could have been completely different, so I'll leave it where I am.

Okay, it may be too big a leap to consider this, but it would be interesting to know what Jeff would have done with his WWE career if TNA didn't exist.

As far as I can see, he wanted to pursue a lifestyle that included drug use.....and WWE had policies in force that effectively prevented him from doing that. If TNA never came into being, it might be that Jeff would have been forced to straighten out his personal life and get off drugs. Not only would that have allowed him to stay in WWE and maintain the lifestyle he had grown accustomed to, but it would have been more beneficial to his entire well-being.......and if he stayed clean and remained in WWE, I think his crowd-pleasing style would have kept him near the top of his profession, as he was before he chose to leave.

Of course, if TNA never existed, Jeff still could have left WWE and plied his trade in independent wrestling companies where he'd earn $250 an appearance (that he had to book by himself), but at least no one would be bugging him about turning himself into a zombie with his damn drug use.

I agree hardy cm punk feud would be remembered as one of the greatest feuds of this wrestling generation...because both have very separate beliefs one doesnt care for drugs and alchohol the other doesnt really worry about that stuff and does what he wants...

After seeing jeff hardy live at tna tapings i must say the guy is the most over wrestler tna has going right now...even as a heel he was over with the crowd.

Unfortunately jeff is still jeff and he would make the same choices he did but i think even now looking back ...he achieved everything he could at wwe.

He would have to be brought in to feud for wrestlemania against someone like cm punk, chris jericho, john cena or another major name.

I would love to see the profit margin that tna is seeing...i dont think there a very profitable company they make most of there money from advertisers and commercial space...i.e. direct auto insurance.

If Jeff had never left WWE then he would have been sharing the spotlight with Edge as the top guys of Smackdown because he was in the middle of the push of a lifetime when he left. Upon Edge's retirement it would have been Jeff feuding with Christian instead of Orton. They would have tried to make him into the #2 guy due to fan support and merchandise sales. I think the potential feuds with Edge, Christian, Sheamus, and even Orton would have been pretty aweosme to see. Maybe some day if Jeff does return to WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back