• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if HBK turns heel when he returns after his break?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
This sunday will mark the last time we see Shawn Michaels in the WWE for another six months most likely. He'll return by Summerslam at the latest. So if HBK DOES win at Wrestlemania breaking the Undertakers WM undefeated streak, his storied career will live to see another day. But what if Shawn Michaels came back to the WWE asuming that that will be HBK's final year in wrestling. What if Shawn Michaels came back as as heel?

As we know Shawn is a very religious man. We seen him last year at this time dressed in all-white, leading us on to beleive that he was some kind of "Holy Taker" during his WM 25 feud with the deadman the Undertaker. So what if HBK came back as this religious zealot preacher of some kind. And dictated his beleifs to the WWE universe and the rest of the RAW/WWE roster. And tell them that there all sinners and things like that?

Shawn can really run with that same "Evil Preacher" gimmick that D-Von Dudley had as a singles wrestler on Smackdown in 2002. And have fellow "holy man" Ezekieal Jackson as his deacon like Batista was for D-Von during Batista's debut in the WWE. But for order for that to work big Zeke would have to go to RAW full-time for that. Who knows that role could lead Shawn to one last world title run heading into Wrestlemania 27 in Atlanta?

We all know Shawn Michaels as that reballous figure in wrestling. That'd be what we'll remember HBK as outside of his in-ring work. So what better way for HBK to lose his world title belt and retire at Wrestlemania next year. Like the way he left the WWF/E after Wrestlemania 14 in '98. But not on his back, like when Shawn got knocked out by special enforcer Mike Tyson that year. But in a face like salute from the WWE universe. Like at Wrestlemania 18 after Hulk Hogan lose to the Rock. Now that's a sendoff for ya!

I just can not see this happening. Shawn is just to close to the end of his career for a major heel turn like that. Not to mention the fact that I just don't see Shawn beating The Undertaker this Sunday at Wrestlemania.

Also, the gimmick you explained sounds an awful lot like the gimmick CM Punk is currently excelling with. If Shawn were to try to do this, then it would take away some of his thunder. Who exactly would he feud with? The only one this could work with would be The Undertaker.

I don't think Shawn will turn heel in d twilight of his career. and I really dont want him to be a heel in his last match whenever it comes. If the fans hate Shawn's gimmick it will surely spoil his send-off (remember JBL- worked his ass off 4 WWE and got a 24 second match as his send off.) Rather i see Shawn getting a Ric Flair type of a send-off with most of his past and present colleagues present to send him off. and with rumors of him wanting to start a reality TV show based on his family i really think he's gonna retire 4m WWE for good this sunday. he might come back every now and then as a behind the scenes man or like SCSA making special appearances every now and then but in the ring it'll mostly be over. but i don't see Shawn returning full time again.
Just my opinion...

With Wrestling they could go alot of ways, I see Shawn Michaels Winning this match, doing the stupid reality tv show, coming back with Big Daddy Cool Diesel and creating a new version of the clique. As his send off possilbe fueds bring back The Rock/Bret Hart/RVD/Goldberg/Sid Vicious maybe bring in the Undertacker vs Sting and Mix Shawn Michaels and you got some B.A. Events.
I think the WWE did Shawn Michaels dirty with his losing streak that he has leading into WM. I think the only way to send off the Heart Break Kid is to have him win the Unified World heavy Weight Championship/bring back and win the King of the Ring and win the Royle Rumble Winner 2011. We'll See...

HBK is not returning as a heel. Even if for some reason he did return at Summerslam as a heel, he is legendary enough at this point that the majority of fans will cheer for him no matter what he does. Turning him would make no sense for that reason. Your idea of an evil preacher character does sound interesting, but Scotty makes a good point about how that type of character is too similar to what Punk is doing.

Here is what I think is going to happen. He will lose to Taker at Wrestlemania after putting up the fight of his life, then (kayfabe) "retire" only to come back for one final run when he faces Trips next year and retires for real.

While it's an interesting idea, I highly doubt he will return as a heel because he would keep on getting a positive reaction from fans even if he had an evil character. Michaels will most likely stay a face forever at this point.

Why would Shawn Michaels NEED to turn heel right now? His legacy is more than cemented. The guy is one of the top ten wrestlers/performers of all time. I am not sure he could even get over as a heel at this point in time.

What you are talking about is giving HBK a gimmick upon his supposed return. Why would you possibly think that HBK would need any kind of gimmick to get over? He can do just about anything at this point in time, and people will cheer him. Stick him with Big Zeke? A preacher-type gimmick? I don't mean to sound rude, I really don't, but this is one of the dumbest ideas for a storyline I have ever heard.

Shawn will most likely be full retired after Mania 27. He will probably be going into Mania 27 a lot like Flair went into Mania 24. He will be really, really over, especially with fans knowing he is leaving for good. Why would he EVER want to run a heel gimmick going into that? It makes zero sense. It wouldn't work. People wouldn't buy into it. And, what if by some miracle-like chance the heel gimmick you speak of actually works? What if they boo him? Do you think he WANTS to be boo'ed leaving pro wrestling? He would never agree to such a move.

I agree with Dagger Dias that he will most likely return, and he and HHH will face off at Mania 27. I just don't see anyone besides Hunter officially retiring him. Also, I don't think HHH would be completely opposed to losing to Michaels. I don't think Michaels needs to win at Mania 27, just like I don't think he needs to return to some God-awful gimmick involving Zeke freakin' Jackson. But I also don't think he would want to go out with three straight losses at Mania. Like I said, he doesn't need to win at mania 27, but it would be nice to see it go down that way.

MODERATOR COMMENTS:

DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN REGARDS TO THE OUTCOME OF THE CAREER VS STREAK MATCH AT WRESTLEMANIA OR SHAWN MICHAELS' RUMORED FUTURE. DOING SO WILL RESULT IN INSTANT BANNING.​

I would like to see Shawn Michaels revert back to his heel persona. It would be great to see him turn against Triple H, ending DX once and for all. He was always great as a heel and it was becoming a heel that began his rise to stardom.

While there are talks of HBK doing his own show, it would be nice to see him come back as a GM or something. Shawn's wrestling days are coming to an end sadly and while he may not mentor anyone after he retires, he could still be on t.v and help talk some of the younger guys up backstage.

1st off HBK is not going to turn heel so you can get that one out of your system he just doesn't want to be heel anymore. 2nd he is set to retire so he can be with his family and do this show he wants to do. This is a big blow for someone like myself i only watch the wwe because of HBK now that he is gone i just dont see myself watching every week like i was.

First of all, I think many people are making an assumption here that may actually be false. While I personally don't believe this is how it will all play out, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that WM26 is indeed HBK's swan song. Perhaps he will lose and his career will actually be over. That is not my predicted outcome but if it were to happen this way, it would be an excellent way to finish your career, losing to the Undertaker at WM and continuing the streak. If so, the theorized heel turn would not be possible.

Assuming it plays out the way many of us believe, Michaels loses to Taker, and takes an extended hiatus from the company to do whatever and he returns in six months time if not later. There's no way they could bring him back as a heel, it's virtually impossible. Returning superstars, whether it be from injuries, "retirements," whatever, are always cheered by the fans and return as a face. Look at HHH returning from quad surgeries. Look at Edge. Look at Jericho. HBK is already way over with the fans, it would be hard to turn him heel at the best of times. Bring him back after an extended absence and he'd practically have to murder someone to turn heel.

Plus, if he returns down the road, you would have to think that this would be near the end for him and they would be building up to his real actual retirement. And there's no way he's finishing up his career as a heel, no way. I expect he'll finish up against HHH at WM27, losing cleanly to his friend in the middle of the ring, as a face.

I think HBK's religious beliefs would preclude him incorporating religion into a heel turn. I know he did the whole "Holy Taker thing but to do this to the extent suggested by the OP won't happen.

Personally I'd like to see him retire at next year's Wrestlemania with a clean loss to a heel John Morrison, which would put him over huge and give him the push he's been so deserving of for so long.

I must admit the thought of Shawn Michaels being heel once more, would cause me to absolutely mark out on one of his promos, but on the other hand I simply don't see Shawn turning heel even if it is his last year.
Especially if it is his last year, I think WWE would capitalize on that to try and keep Shawn Michaels absolutely beloved, and not "lower" him to a situation where he could get legitimate hatred from the fans, which is basically what he did quite successfully in the 90's from what I heard with his cocky sexy boy attitude.

So if Shawn Michaels was to quit wrestling by Wrestlemania 27, leaving us with 1 more year with Shawn, I see him doing that as a face, feuding single-handedly against heels, hopefully a Triple H heel, because that would be the absolutely best choice of opponent for Shawn Michaels to retire against.

HBK is definetly taking some long hiatus i dont see him beating undertaker at 'mania at all ... but undertaker doesn't want to retire undefeated at wrestlemania, he wants to lose to an up and coming star to pass the torch..i see taker winning this match straight up with no interference

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back