What if a Mentor turned face/heel?

Planty

Pride of Manchester
It's being repoted that NXT will have a heel team and a face team. 4 pro's and rookies on each team. If this is definitely the case, the teams will be as follows:

FACE TEAM:
* Matt Hardy
* Justin Gabriel
* MVP
* Skip Sheffield
* Christian
* Heath Slater
* R-Truth
* David Otunga

HEEL TEAM:
* Chris Jericho
* Wade Barrett
* Carlito
* Michael Tarver
* The Miz
* Daniel Bryan
* CM Punk
* Darren Young

What I'm asking is, what happens if the Mentors turn on WWE Programming that isn't NXT? Lets say if Carlito made a face turn on RAW or R-Truth turned heel on Smackdown... I doubt any of them would. What would happen on NXT? Would they stay with their NXT alignment on the show or would they turn on that aswell? Would the rookie turn aswell?

Furthermore, if Vince makes sure none of these superstars turn at all during the NXT Season, does that rob the fans of any interest in character development on other WWE programming?

Is this format a bad thing considering NXT would restrict a character from potentially turning face or turning heel on other programming if it needed to be done?

Thoughts?

In my own opinion, I was a fan of the format until I thought of this. I think the Pro's chosen are perfect though because I can't see any of them turning anytime soon. Therefore such complications are less likely to occur. I wonder if this was brought into the creative team meeting about NXT?.. hence why we have this line-up of pro's.

Really, I don't think it should make much of a difference. The only one I see turning any time soon is MVP, and even that isn't a given now that he's aligned himself with Mark Henry again. If the mentor turns, maybe his interactions with the partner will turn, making the mentee a bigger heel or face depending on how he treats the newly aligned mentor.

From what I've heard, NXT is supposed to be a hybrid reality show that shows "real life" interactions. For all we know, some alignments may not even carry into the show at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back