• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What has WWE done RIGHT?

All people seem to be doing is criticising the WWE. Fair enough, but they must be doing something right, they are easily the biggest fed out there. So what have they done right?

For me, it's the Taker/Kennedy feud. This got me watching SmackDown, before that I just used to read the spoilers to see if it nterfered with RAW. Kennedy was pushed, Taker still looked dominant. Also there was no blow-off match, which worked IMO because neither came out of the feud looking bad.

The Last Ride match was a blow off match.

Although I agree that they did well with the feud. It could have done with Kennedy defeating Taker clean.

They've built the N.W.O. main event well despite the fact the match is redundant.

Also WWE match's are almost flawless. They frequently have bad match's but very rarely does anybody fuck up in a match. Unfortunatley in TNA and indy's this happen's frequently. There's nothing wrong with making the occasional mistake. But I appreciate the fact that WWE wrestler's very rarely blow spot's.

After watching SMACKDOWN! for the first time in almost six months, id say that they are building up the very underated CW division which is a good move imo.

I agree WWE has potentially a brilliant Cruiser division. Noble is probably one of the best wrestler's in the company. He's the only superstar who should defeat Helms for the title. Despite not defending it much Helms is bringing prestige to the title by holding it for so long.

The Best Thing WWE has done in all the Years from 2002 till now is that they have not let TNA get into their HEAD and if done what they were Doing!
Vince Mcmahon was not affected by the VKM vs VKM at Impact! and thats Great! This is What I say with TNA in the topic What has Tna done wrong?
WWE has also put out some Great Storylines like the Taker-Batista and the DX-RKO It all looks good when Legends and HOF's are Around and WWE has also done that!

ECW One Night Stand

I know they've done horribly with the whole ECW thing. But the One Night Stands were great, they really captured the old ECW, even when people like Edge and Cena turned up there, it still seemed like it was ECW. It's strange how they got that so right but got the brand so wrong.

ECW One Night Stand

I know they've done horribly with the whole ECW thing. But the One Night Stands were great, they really captured the old ECW, even when people like Edge and Cena turned up there, it still seemed like it was ECW. It's strange how they got that so right but got the brand so wrong.

i think Paul Heyman had creative control over those PPVs but Vince watered down the brand

I will give credit to TNA for thier in ring rules. A DQ will cost the champ thier title. But like WWE, thier story lines are a bit overdone. Sounds like WWE needs to hire fans from wrestlezone to do the writing and add something that they lost. Spark and shock value. I hardly watch anymore because I already know what is going to happen. Unlike when WCW and WWE were fueding. I NEVER knew what was going to happen. I was glued... Yea, I am still a fan and I pay attention to what happens, but I really don't need to watch to know what is going to happen.
Not to change the topic, and no disrespect to Hogan fans, but THANK GOD he is gone.. I was a fan years back when I didn't know anything. But as one grows older and wiser. I noticed the man can't wrestle his way out of a wet paper sack.. As I told Macho Man on via email, I told him now is the time to get with WWE and add some spark and controversy. In his behalf, he was twice the wrestler Hogan ever dreamed of. But in a sad reply, he said that they had no intension on working with him again. And may not even have him in HOF. In what he deservers at least that.
On to the next statement. Sorry guys, I am new to wrestlezone forums. Been reading wrestlezone for a couple years I think but never joined the forums. So bare with me...lol.. I think DX is a great idea and still can work. With James having problems over at TNA, WWE needs to grab him. TNA has reported that the moral is high oiver there, but, with someone complaining as James is, moral will not last. And TNA can't afford that. WWE needs the competion. That will bring ratings, fresh ideas, and stories. COMPETE WWE...

ECW is a Horrible Version now! The only thing good about ECW was the Blood and Hardcore Chair Shots and Table Smacks! But now we hardly get to see anything like that thanxs to the so called NEW VISION which in my mind sucks! Paul Heymen the Original ECW and Sabu Tazz those were the Days! Not the Extreme Rules! ECW IS SHIT i hope they shut it down soon or its gonna fall!

WWE Failed at Royal Rumble...

Undertaker should have had to take the road HBK did to get to the main event. It leaves Austins record intact and untouched. I don't like this at all. Anyways they corrected the mistake mildly and made a correct main event at least.

WWE almost lost half of the UK with that decision.

They haven't been doing things right for ages. Then again they don't need to. TNA can't compete that was proven on thursday.

The main things they have done right are HBK vs Cena and letting Hogan go. Like seriously the guy is no good if your sat at home watching it's almost like watching a pensioner fight over his money.

What did they do wrong so far this year?

Kennedy vs Batista should have been wrestlemania. I hate this Taker thing because I dont like the fact that they want Batista to win the match it pisses me off and it's a total waste of time.

What has WWE done right? Unfortunately I can barely answer this question. But if The Undertaker WINS at WrestleMania 23..Theres one of the greatest things they have done right...

what has wwe done right? hmm im not sure but whatever they are doing it must be good seeing as they are gettin good ratings, publicity, merchandise is still being sold...so from a business stand point they are alright which is all that matters...storlyine wise and such of course theres a couple mistakes here and there overall tho the product is fine to me and i still continue to watch it because afterall it is SPORTS ENTERTAINTMENT

Im still waiting for Randy Orton to win back the title. He has been screwed over for a while now. To respond to what someone said earlier yeah the orginal ECW was great but it gets boring after a while seeing hardcore match after hardcore match. Once in a while theres a extreme rules match which is great because while we have the new side of ECW there is still some of the old left.

One thing to note about ecw(old one)is that most of their fans were not wwf fans or even wcw fans. They were not even pro wrestling fans.
Sure there are many ecw fans who are wwe fans as well on this site but they only make up a small minority of the ecw fan base.

But who really were the ecw fans? Think about this for a moment.....
visualize and play back all the times in your head when you remember the ecw fans acting out, you know saying "same old sh*t," "calling test a f*g," saying "you suck d*ck" to jbl. Good people don't talk this way.
The answer to my question simple.
Their the a**holes who picked on you in high school. There those type of people. And now they want invade your f** wrestling.
Surely supporting just about any type of smark wrestling would be a fatal error.
Response prediction: Ecw was pro wrestling so they were PWF's. I think you missed my point. lol

Personally I think the WWE made the right decision putting legends like Undertaker and Shawn Michaels into the main events at Wrestlemania. For the past years they've pretty put less established stars into the main events (with the exception of HHH, but he's still not as much of a legend as HBK and Taker [in my mind atleast]). I think this will get better ratings and bring better matches to Wrestlemania. Batista and Cena get be carried to good matches by two of the best in the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back