• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What happens when ...

ErictheEnt

Occasional Pre-Show
a WWE show advertises a main event for a live show but a part of that main event isn't there?

In short, I bought tickets to see the Nov. 16th recording of Smackdown! because I've wanted to see the Undertaker wrestle since I was about 10 years old. It's even on my bucket list. I shelled out a ton of money for that show and it looks like the Taker may not be there. I absolutely HATE Smackdown! but bought tickets JUST to see the Undertaker.

What does the WWE typically do in this case? Is there a way for me to find out for sure if he's still planning on performing and if not, how to get my $$ back? Anyone else had any experience with this?

Card subject to change. It's on every ticket and advertisement. There's little you can do but you might want to talk to the box office.

To be honest with you, and I don't mean to be a smart ass when I say this, but WWE's opinions on this would be "tough shit for you, buddy." As I understand it, whenever they advertise anything, whether it be a house show, RAW or SD, or a PPV, they always add the proviso "card subject to change." This is the fall back position you can be sure WWE would adopt if approached. I can sympathize with what you are saying, but in my opinion, if you are hoping to get a refund, I don't like your chances. You purchase the ticket with the knowledge that the card could change for any of a number of reasons. It's unfortunate, because I hear what you are saying, seeing the Undertaker would definitely be awesome. But I guess it's somewhat like going to see a MLB baseball game, expecting to see a certain starting pitcher, and after you arrive, you find out he's not pitching because the rotation has unexpectedly changed. You wouldn't get a refund here, and I doubt you are getting one either. Good luck, though, I hope I am wrong!

Actually, these first two posts aren't necessarily true. It may be different for their televised shows (and probably is), but I've been to two different WWE house shows where a main-eventer couldn't be there, and the ring announcer, before the show, stated they would not be there, and if the fan wanted his refund, he/she could get it, but it had to be before the start of the second match.

With it being a televised show, they may not do that (hence the card subject to change line), but on house shows, the WWE isn't all that uncaring. I know the last time it happened, John Cena was advertised, but was gone to film 12 Rounds. So they let people get refunds if they wanted them.

I've heard that too when Jeff was attacked. In advance though it's kind of hard to get a refund or at least I would assume.

Well, I went to a house show a while back with the scheduled main event being Cena vs. Big Show. About half-way through, they had Big Show vs. Henry, which was a decent match. The main event ended up being Legacy vs. Cena and Triple H in an awesome match that ended with a synchronized AA/Pedigree. So a change can be good. But I feel for you. I would bet PO'ed too.

Well, I went to a house show a while back with the scheduled main event being Cena vs. Big Show. About half-way through, they had Big Show vs. Henry, which was a decent match. The main event ended up being Legacy vs. Cena and Triple H in an awesome match that ended with a synchronized AA/Pedigree. So a change can be good. But I feel for you. I would bet PO'ed too.

Hey, I went to a house show with that same main event. Earlier that night, Alex Riley had a good match with Primo. This was way before his TV debut.

Well at times changes can be just plain horrid. It was scheduled to be Batista vs Taker for the World Title. Instead I got the worst match EVER!!! 6-man tag team match

Batista, Chris Jericho, and CM Punk vs. The Undertaker, Kane, and Matt Hardy

At this point you probably won't get your money back. The card is subject to change in any way WWE wants at any moment. You can probably sell your ticket online for almost all of what you paid for it, and if you hold out until the last minute, you might be able to actually make profit on it. What really sucks is that there's very little chance you will be able to see the Undertaker wrestle, unless you get tickets for next year or go to Wrestlemania... bad luck mate...

Well at times changes can be just plain horrid. It was scheduled to be Batista vs Taker for the World Title. Instead I got the worst match EVER!!! 6-man tag team match

Batista, Chris Jericho, and CM Punk vs. The Undertaker, Kane, and Matt Hardy

Matt Hardy? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How the fuck did that one happen?

Up until about a week ago the Smackdown show I am going to in a fortnight's time had Chris Jericho advertised...

Now its changed to Kofi Kingston
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Cody Rhodes
MVP
Layla
Plus many more!

***World Heavyweight Championship Match***
Big Show vs. Kane
- - -
Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio

I am also going to another Smackdown show in Las Vegas in early December, although it seems to have been changed to "WWE Presents WORLD TOUR" with the main event being advertised as

“The Viper” Randy Orton takes on NEXUS leader Wade Barrett and “The Celtic Warrior” Sheamus in a Triple Threat match to defend his WWE Championship-

Plus more of your favorite WWESuperstars inlcuding:
“Highflying” Rey Mysterio
Alberto Del Rio
“The Rated R Superstar” Edge
“The All American-American” Jack Swagger
Kofi Kingston
MVP
Dolph Ziggler
Santino Marella
Drew McIntrye
“The Dashing” Cody Rhodes
Michelle McCool