What Happened To The Spanish Announce Table ???

The Roid Rage

Getting Noticed By Management
I was watching Undertaker vs Mankind at the 98 King of the Ring where Mick Foley is thrown off the top of HIAC and through the Spanish announce table. As I watched I realized that there no longer IS a Spanish announce table. That used to be something you could count on watching WWF/E. You could almost always guarantee that someone was going through the Spanish Announcers table, it was an absolute certainty. It might not have been every week but it happened all the time, or someone was thrown over the Spanish announce table or something. It was like a long running joke almost, and now it seems the punch line has cleared the room.

Is it just me, am I just missing it somehow? I know at bigger PPV's they have the commentators from SmackDown!, Raw, and ECW(now NXT), but when was the last time you heard about the Spanish announce team? When was the last time you can recall that someone actually went through the Spanish announce teams table, or almost any table for that matter? As I remember it, that was almost like a tradition for a while, someone would always go through the Spanish announce teams table, and suddenly, seemingly without any of us noticing THEY'RE GONE? What happened? When did this change and why? Where are they? What happened to the Spanish Announce Table?

You know, now that you bring it up, you're right. The Spanish announce table was home to quite a few good spots (Mankind-Taker, HBK springboard moonsaulting onto it at WM24 vs. Flair, and various others) that you can look back and say, "Damn, I remember when... It was the sickest thing ever." It was, on a much, much lesser scale, like the Royal Rumble: do something crazy enough that gets the crowd on their feet, simultaneously chanting "HOLY SH*T!", and you were instantly immortalized.

I believe it went missing for one reason: communismerrrrrrrrrrrrrr I mean the PG rating. Vince McMahon lately has been trying to scrub the WWE clean of anything reminiscent to the word "hardcore", and as such, the famous Spanish announce table and its primary use had to take a nosedive (pun?).

That is correct. The Spanish announcers overdub Monday Night RAW. Actually, my favorite moment was when someone destroyed the RAW table, and color analyst Paul Heyman yells at the wrestlers, "This isn't the Spanish Announce Table!!!".

OK as this is turning into a spam fest already:

The Spanish announcer table was moved once the brand split happened so all brands could be represented at the PPV. The Spanish announcers (Hugo Savinovich and Carlos Cabrera) and still do their commentary but they do it from WWE HQ in Stamford, Connecticut.

I believe it went missing for one reason: communismerrrrrrrrrrrrrr I mean the PG rating. Vince McMahon lately has been trying to scrub the WWE clean of anything reminiscent to the word "hardcore", and as such, the famous Spanish announce table and its primary use had to take a nosedive (pun?).

i dont think it has to do with the pg rating as we have seen table matches happen sense the pg rating. it most likely was just a random change in the set with no real big meaning behind it. and as far as the diminishing smashed tables as much as i enjoy people going through tables it seems much more impressive when it happens the less it goes on.

It still happens at PPVs, they just use the SD! table now

The Spanish announcer table was moved once the brand split happened so all brands could be represented at the PPV.

Ahhhhh, that was it. I thought it had been a while but I couldn't place a definite time on it(without looking it up). That makes sense.

I thought it was kind of a funny observation because no ones really said anything about it even though it's right in front of our eyes every week, or rather not in front of our eyes in this case. It's so obvious but we never really acknowledge it. Then it's like "Oh wait, what the fuck happened? Where did those guys go?"

Safe to say this one's tanked. Crash and Burn.

To give you credit I was about to make the thread myself so did a bit of research and tada.

Was it WZ's top 10 taker moments that jogged your memory?

Was it WZ's top 10 taker moments that jogged your memory?

Yep. I was looking in there and thought "Why not go watch that match?" and so I did and when Foley went through and they said it was the Spanish announce table I was like "Oh yeah, what the hell happened to them?" and thought that would make a good thread. Didn't want to make it a....you know, but I thought this would do better.

The spanish announce table will probably return at Wresltemania 26. The show will start with the announcers introducing themselves and they'll say something like "and on our Spanish Announce team...." "(insert two random guys talking Spanish)" Won't hear from them until their table gets broken later in the night. Where they will say :wtf:"la mesa se rompió" or... our table broke. This will take people back to a simplilar time where the world wasn't in such chaos.

First it became the ECW announce table, and now they just add it in sporadically whenever they feel the need for a table spot to help emphasise a match, by adding a sprinkle of 'hardcore'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back