What happend to the Mid Card

Rated_R_Superstar2010

Respect My Authoritay!!!
right now i see basically 3, ok 4, feuds on raw right now.

cena v batista: for the title and to be the "face" of the wwe

HHH v Sheamus: so sheamus establish himself, but wait did he not beat cena for the wwe title just a few months ago and is he not already failry over as a heel.

christina v dibiase: well i only call this a fued because i'd assume having matches in back to back weeks is going to lead to something, and so far no1 has doninated either match. each have gone 1-1 so far.

maryse v eve: really eve? really? (haha i love the miz) idk i guess i shouldnt complain too much, its not like raw has any divas who can wrestle.

is this not terrible. two of these feuds just started and the other two consist of mainevent talent. where is the midcard? where is kofi and mvp and bourne and carlito and chavo and cody and yoshi and ryder and kozlov and primo? oh ya thats right. they are either squashed on raw or in pointless matches on superstars.

miz still has the us title. he hasnt faced anyone for it since....i believe the last person was mvp and that was awhile ago. where are the midcard feuds

now lets look as smackdown.

jericho v edge v swagger: well on friday a number 1 contender will be crowned and the jericho edge feud that we all looked forward to since edge got hurt will be over. sad really. two of the best and this is how it ends. wwe really fucked up giving swagger the title. hear me out. he had 0 build. he has done nothing since gonig to raw and the last person he had any type of feud with was santino. how u go from santino to world champion in beyond me. the edge and jericho feud hasnt been all that great in my opinion and now its coming to a premature end.

punk v rey: really the only thing good going in the wwe right now, but both are very well established. rey has been a top face for years and punk has really come into his own as a heel. and since both of these men have been world champion before i dont consider this a midcard feud.

mcool, layla, and vicky v beth and tiffany: look i get that vicky gets some great heel heat but its not because of her actions or great mic ability. its becasue people find her annoying. kinda like jillian, she would get no reaction if she didnt sing. vicky would get no reaction if she didnt say excuse me. mccool isnt the worst wrestler, shes not very good but not terrible. layla and tiffany cant wrestle. and beth just doesnt work as a face, atleast not for me.

drew mcintyre has the ic championship and we won it form morrison..i guess around 2 months ago. they had a decent, but very very short feud. i dont think he's even defended his title since then.

wheres ziggler, jackson, finley, goldust, kane, hardy, benjamin, morrison, and truth

again either getting squashed or in 100% pointless matches on smackdown or superstars

and the tagteam division (if you can even call it a division any more)

showmiz have really 0 competition. do you realize the tagteam division now only has 3 teams

showmiz, morrison and truth, and hart dynasty. thats it. wait a forgot croft and barretta but i havent seen them sicne ecw was canceled so im not sure if they even count as a tagteam.

no more cryme tyme, no more legacy, no more dx, no more hardy/khali (which was terrible for the 2 or 3 weeks it lasted)

wwe has no tag division. what used to be a key part of the undercard is dead.

the us and ic titles werent even defended at mania. wrestle fucking mania and no ic or us title on the line. its terrible. the midcard is dying. it was hard for me to take sheamus as a real champ and its hard now to take swagger as a real champ becauswe they did nothing in their time in the mid-card. yes they won the ecw belt, but its now gone and before it was gone it was the lowest singles title. its not like they swagger came from ecw and was in a high profile feud and then went to the ME. he did nothing relevant in his time on raw. he was on raw for a good 6 months and all he had was a three week feud with mvp and then santino later on.

this is why people hate it when swagger comes from doing nothing and being completely irrelevant to being a world champion. wheres the build? where is the memoral feuds that make us remember who he is and why he does deserve to be a champion?

wwe will never be able to built legitamite maineventers with out a good and relevant midcard and tagteam division. when i see a wrestler hold that title up i want to feel thats he's earned it. that he has done something to get where he is today. that he faught and clawed his way to the top. not just giving guys that have been on the main roster less than a year and have done nothing memorable a world title.

anyone agree?

I agree with you, and at least when Sheamus held the title, he actually had been built up to be a monster before giving him the title. They should have just let that continue for a while longer before putting the title on him IMO.

well actually croft and baretta were on an episode of smackdown, they had a pretty good match with cryme tyme, but any hoozle....

well midcarders on raw cant shine because its tooken over by guest hosts, gimmick diva matches, hornswaggle/santino, and main eventers.

but midcard titles (ic champion, us champion), there hasnt been a decent storyline involving those in a while, the only good match i can think of for the ic title was rey and jerico last year at the bash, rey and morrison too but that was just cause rey was getting suspended. and morrison just as many of us are thinkign he deserves to be main eventing is getting pushed down more.

christian should be a main eventer in my opinion but sicne their not giving him that opportunity, let him take the us title off of miz or something because the miz keeping that title, people are just gonna forget about ti since hes also 1/2 the unified tag team champions with the big show, really what are they doing with that there? i think miz should either loose the usa championship and make storylines for christian, bourne, dibiase, kofi, and them for that title on raw, or loose the tag titles but then the only other tag teams are turth+morrison and the heart dynasty, unless you put croft and baretta back on wwe tv, which actually those three tag teams arent that bad. but then also you dont have the big show for anything much, he was a bad main eventer in my opinion, and for the us title? hopefully it just wouldnt be a bunch of the talented midcarders jobbing to him.

wwe has the guys to make intresting us title and ic title storylines, their jsut not doing anythign with them, as for tag teams, where are they? if you count croft and baretta you have 4 established tag teams, and 2 of them just seam random (showmiz and turh/morrison)

i guess thats al i have to say, dont need to rable on much more

wait i also forgot, if cm punk wasnt in a rivalry with rey, him and gallows as a part of the SES are also a tag team

i will be eaten alive for this but my recollection is that sheamus won a battle royal for his title shot and swagger won mitb. they technically earned their oppurtunities. but writers still shit on these guys. orton was over swagger clean last night. thats building a champion smartly. and sheamus only beat bourne cleanly in his title reign. on the point of the midcard, a good feud would be nice but with like 3 writers per show, the mental depth can only satisfy a few feuds, im guessing.

If you haven't noticed, the mid card is full of "main event" guys. HHH and Sheamus are the midcard. Punk and Rey are the midcard. Miz, Morrison, R-Truth, Big Show, these are midcard talent. They all might get shots in the main event from time to time, but right now, these are the midcard guys.

There are too many people in the WWE but not enough talent for two full rosters. It is an odd combination.

I too don't understand why there haven't been any midcarder feuds. I esocjally don't understand why the US and IC titles are not being defended. Drew is just there on Smackdown and there are no feuds developing at all. Does the WWE think they are pushing Drew by having him do nothing? Also the Miz needs to lose the US title. He really doesn't need it since he's with Big Show. The US and IC titles should be used to elevate midcarders up but that's not being done at all. WWE really needs to utilize the midcard titles better.

The Mid-Card does look pretty pointless so far. Everything is either a promo on someone who already is established or Raw's Special Guest Hosts getting valuable air-time.

I mention this because it is necessary-kill off the Guests Hosts and then Raw will have time for the Middle Card.

As for Smackdown, well usually they aren't that bad with people like Matt Hardy and Drew McIntyre. You see them a lot more than you do MVP or Mark Henry on Raw. But as far as storyline is concerned they need to have something to work with. Drew McIntyre would look a lot better if he were to defend that Intercontinental Championship now and then.

Same could be said about The Miz, but he is getting more mic time then anything else, which is okay right now because he is getting a push. But sooner or later that United States Championship will need to be defended as well.

As far as I am concerned with the Unified Tag-Team Championship, WWE really dropped the ball. Only 3 teams are active, and one is the champs themselves. I would have Christian come to Smackdown in the Draft and team with Edge, giving us that great team from years past. Now that would be 4 teams which is a lot more credible.

I agree with both of you on that..Wwe is really fucking up here,the whole jack swagger thing is worse than cena imo.Atleast cena had some build and won at wrestlemania,jack swagger cashes it in fucking the edge/y2j fued up which is lame,cena still champ,where are the rest of the main eventers?...I wanna walk up to wwe head quarters and protest this shenanigans,then head to universal studios and protest there because of thier mis-use of talent.How do you go from fighting santino to champ is beyond me...well said..well said..i hope he doesnt hold it for long..his match with orton was decent on raw but because of ortons face turn were gonna see him get his ass kicked majority of the match instead of him picking apart his opponents,but either or he's still one of the best performers today..oh and wheres cody? Where's mvp? Where is any thing relevant for MVP to do?,did it get eaten by Mark henry? Who was in turn eaten by a Big show who bird fed in to miz? who is Just God awful,and that fucking catch phrase is even worse.I'm the MIZ and I'm holding the U.S. Title for NO reason and like to suck pat patterson off.We need to see establishment for wrestles instead a bunch of nonsense like what we saw on raw and impact! which both were horrendous imo,noting im going to Extreme rules and hope that its not gonna be a bogus card...If jack swagger is thier with the title...c'mon....I really want to get into the wrestling business but with cena parading around and a bunch of un built/over talent...well....makes me want to cry

his match with orton was decent on raw but because of ortons face turn were gonna see him get his ass kicked majority of the match instead of him picking apart his opponents,

yesthe match was very well done but why would you have orton (a multi time champion and who is majorly over) beat swagger (who had 0 build to the world title and now he loses his frist match as champ). fucking stupid.

yesthe match was very well done but why would you have orton (a multi time champion and who is majorly over) beat swagger (who had 0 build to the world title and now he loses his frist match as champ). fucking stupid.

That's exactly why Orton went over. If he lost, what does that say about him? Swagger's build will come as he faces more main eventers. You can't expect a guy who became champion by cashing in a briefcase to magically be able to beat main eventers with ease. That's not build, that's eating lucky charms before going to the ring and hoping they kick in. I don't doubt Swagger's in ring ability, but youth tends to be served in these cases.

As far as the midcard, this argument is only plausible in this time of year. The best performers are given a lot of TV to sell the biggest PPV of the year. Even after the big show, many of the big matchups carry over, and until the draft, you are going to see a lot of the "main faces". With that said, some of those are guys like Miz, Swagger, and Sheamus, who aren't "the same old main eventers" from the tired 2009 argument. I'd say reserve your judgment until after the draft, because WWE doesn't want to engage too many feuds knowing that they could end with one guy changing shows. Once the draft is sorted out, you will most certainly see the guys who are lacking TV time at this point, especially with some of the "main event" guys taking leaves at different times.

I aggree completley when was the last time we saw a mid card feud Miz v Mvp and before that JoMo v Mcintyre both which were very short any my point is i cant remember a good mid card feud in recent times

That's exactly why Orton went over. If he lost, what does that say about him? Swagger's build will come as he faces more main eventers. You can't expect a guy who became champion by cashing in a briefcase to magically be able to beat main eventers with ease. That's not build, that's eating lucky charms before going to the ring and hoping they kick in. I don't doubt Swagger's in ring ability, but youth tends to be served in these cases.

As far as the midcard, this argument is only plausible in this time of year. The best performers are given a lot of TV to sell the biggest PPV of the year. Even after the big show, many of the big matchups carry over, and until the draft, you are going to see a lot of the "main faces". With that said, some of those are guys like Miz, Swagger, and Sheamus, who aren't "the same old main eventers" from the tired 2009 argument. I'd say reserve your judgment until after the draft, because WWE doesn't want to engage too many feuds knowing that they could end with one guy changing shows. Once the draft is sorted out, you will most certainly see the guys who are lacking TV time at this point, especially with some of the "main event" guys taking leaves at different times.

it would have said that orton lost to the champ. orton did not need that win. swagger needed the win. if he cant beat some1 like orton (a maineventer) than how am i suppose to believe he deserves to be a mainevent champ. why should i believe he could beat edge or jericho when the time comes.

ur telling me swagger cant beat orton and he deserves to be a world champ but kofi can beat orton and is still lost in the terrible midcard. it makes him look like a weak champ.

I aggree completley when was the last time we saw a mid card feud Miz v Mvp and before that JoMo v Mcintyre both which were very short any my point is i cant remember a good mid card feud in recent times

This is what I've been asking my self for the longest. Miz vs MVP didn't even seem like it really got started. Miz seemed like he was going to have a good fued with swagger too but it never fully developed. JoMo and Mcintyre was pretty good too. But the last time it was a good mid card feud was Jericho vs. Mysterio and some people may say they aren't mid cards but the fued was over a mid card title so I just put it in the mid card category.

it would have said that orton lost to the champ. orton did not need that win. swagger needed the win. if he cant beat some1 like orton (a maineventer) than how am i suppose to believe he deserves to be a mainevent champ. why should i believe he could beat edge or jericho when the time comes.

ur telling me swagger cant beat orton and he deserves to be a world champ but kofi can beat orton and is still lost in the terrible midcard. it makes him look like a weak champ.

You are falling into the trap that many on these boards fall into. You see one match and make a large oversight judgment based on 10 minutes of action. More specifically, you ignore the 10 minutes and focus on the 3 seconds the man was pinned to the mat and base an entire judgment on that.

Again, you cannot expect Swagger to magically dominate. He is a solid wrestler, but keep in mind, just months ago, he was losing to mid carders. While the Money in the Bank is a huge push, he won the title without facing any offense from the champ. It takes time to gain credibility in the main event scene. Take Sheamus for example. He won a battle royale to get a title shot (similar to winning Money in the Bank in a sense). He then "beat" John Cena in a tables match for the WWE title. He was champion, but few were sold on him as such. He then fought Orton at the Royal Rumble. Due to interference, he won the match, and though he was still champion, there was still a sense that he didn't belong. Finally now in April, Sheamus is engaged in a feud with Triple H (one in which he still hasn't won over The Game) and he's finally now solidifying himself as a main event player. That's not to say that his victories over Cena and Orton mean nothing, but it takes time to earn your spot at the top. Things like battle royales and MITB rocket you to matches with top talent, but to believe that these men can go right up and beat the big dogs is a little illogical.

Please remember that Swagger has been champion for like 5 days. I know it's never fun to see a champion lose, but it would be less responsible for a new champion who hasn't won a "real match" yet to start dominating out of nowhere. Swagger's build will take time. I expect him to retain the title at Extreme Rules in a triple threat, so that he can retain without having to do it cleanly. Give him a few months of that and some victories over upper midcard talent and over time, you'll get a more established main eventer. All I'm saying is give it time. It's not worth going crazy over something like this.

Since I don't want this to be spam, keep in mind Swagger WAS the midcard until his MITB victory, so him getting TV time qualifies in the "what happened" question, as he is no longer needing to feud with the MVPs and Mark Henry's of the world. But again, let's have this conversation in a month when the draft has happened and guys have settled into their new shows. Then we'll get a sense at who the midcard is and what kind of time they will be getting.

This is what I've been asking my self for the longest. Miz vs MVP didn't even seem like it really got started. Miz seemed like he was going to have a good fued with swagger too but it never fully developed. JoMo and Mcintyre was pretty good too. But the last time it was a good mid card feud was Jericho vs. Mysterio and some people may say they aren't mid cards but the fued was over a mid card title so I just put it in the mid card category.

True miz mvp had a couple of matches and a promo and that was it jomo drew was pretty good i dont really consider mysterio v jericho a mid card feud even though it was for a midcard title so i dont know how lts been since a good midcard feud has happened

heres how the titles should be
1wwe title=triple h
2world heavyweight=randy orton
3ic=matt hardy
4united states=jack swagger
5tag team=edge and christan
6 bring back the hardcore or cruserweight title
7hardcore=chris jericho
8cruserweight=rey mysterio
how do u guys like that

Only part i dont like is jericho with the hardcore title i dont get why he would have i would give it to someone like kane. Other wise thet woule work E&C would bring some prestige back to the tag titles, rey could have a good mid card fued with evan bourne. Swagger could feud with miz mabye and Hardy could feud with Mcintyre and help put him over a bit and then you would have afew good mid card fueds going on

Yeah, theres not much going on real noticable or noteworthy in the mid-card scene, I'm guessing with legacy split up, I guess a possible feud between Rhodes and Dibaise, but not something to get real excited about right now in the mid-card

wwe is really screwing the midcard nowadays.No storylines,not even title matches.I think its because ppv's are not brand exclusive and in each ppv
u have all the main eventers from smackdown and raw, a few main eventers in the undercard like hhh and rey. so practically dere is no room left for midcards,so they dont get any special attention from bookers.

i think this problem would be automatically solved if all ppvs are brand exclusive.
also dis wud solve another problem related to pushing the midcards eg. i wud buy swagger(or miz or kofi) as a legit contender fr d title they have 4 to 5 solid ppv victories rather then "having a batle royal or MITB and handling them the championship

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back