What do you like in wrestling right now?

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
I think at times many of us want to talk more about what we don't like rather then what we do. So lets all have a go saying what we like in wrestling right now, whether it be WWE, TNA, ROH, NXT, NJPW, whatever the hell you want, if your local indie has booked its main eventer Alex "The Pain" Storm against some obscure WWE talent from the 90's like Hardcore Holly, and you like it, say it here.

Right now there are a lot of things I like about wrestling, such as:

- I'm happy Seth Rollins was the one to turn instead of Ambrose or Reigns. Roman deserves to be a big deal as a face and not a heel while Dean is a great fall guy for Seth in the future, Ambrose can take a loss and not really be effected by it. I'm also looking forward to when Ambrose breaks away from Roman and The Shield/special ops look and starts coming across like a crazed lunatic.

- Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter are awesome. Swagger is one of my favorite in-ring guys in WWE. I think it's because I like stiff wrestling and the dude just wails on people, doesn't seem to give a single fuck. If they continue the Colter slapping him to motive him shtick I think it could rejuvenate Swagger's career.

- I feel like John Cena is in the best place hes been in years. He doesn't necessarily have to main event or be the main focal point of the show anymore, such as his feud with Bray Wyatt which was more of an upper card feud and less of a main event feud. I thought his performance in the Last Man Standing match was his best in quite some time.

- RybAxel are awesome. So horribly cheesy that they're awesome.

- I like the upcoming ladder match for the WWE WHC and hope there is a surprise entrant or two, like ones we wouldn't expect. Dolph Ziggler, stay away, thanks.

- Despite it not being as exciting on paper as the War of the Worlds card, I think the card for Best in the World is going to seriously get over what ROH is about and will make for a great first PPV. On paper alone you have four matches that could steal the show and there will be a couple more announced. Cedric Alexander vs. Roderick Strong, Silas Young vs. Kevin Steen and Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin could all be great. However, for those who'll be watching it and are not accustomed to ROH - reDRagon vs. Bad Influence is going to be the absolute shit! Bank on it.

- I'm excited to see what ROH will be doing to improve their production.

- AJ Styles was one of the blandest people in all of wrestling two years ago. I feel like he's now a bigger deal then he has ever been before. The idea you need WWE or TNA to be a success and make a very profitable living is so outdated and Styles is the perfect example that if you're good enough you can still bring home the bank and remain on peoples radar. I think leaving TNA is the best decision hes ever made.

- I'm excited to see what the former Bad Influence are going to do in ROH.

- I'm excited for Prince Devitt in WWE. For those who are unaware I've met him several times and he's a very nice guy and likes to mess with people quite a bit. I hope they don't give him some stereotypical Irish character like Sheamus.

- While I feel it's overrated NXT is still good and it's great to think WWE's future is so bright, not to mention it is expected to soon feature Devitt, KENTA and potentially Kevin F'N Steen!

- It's nice to see so many interesting things going on in the world of wrestling. I feel like this year has been so interesting with how things are going, whether it be WWE putting out an awesome WrestleMania, the story of Daniel Bryan which continues to rage on, The Shield really coming into their own, NXT's success, ROH's success, TNA's decline - it just makes wrestling more interesting.

- There is so much talent on the American independent circuit it's crazy. Not to mention the British independent circuit. British wrestling seems to be making a comeback as something "cool".

NXT. It's a fun show week to week and with only as an hour long, it's so easy to digest and enjoy. I think an hour/hour and a half show is really the perfect time for a wrestling show.

ROH + NJPW. I don't watch regularily but I sat down for the two NJPW crossover PPVs and they were both good fun, even I disliked some stuff. Hopefully ROH will continue to grow and improve, and NJPW will make more of an impact in western wrestling

TNA. I like the fact that TNA's roster has been shaken up a lot and they've brought in a nice of mix of independent guys and ex-WWE guys over the past year who I like. The fact that I can still see the guys who left on ROH television makes it a win-win.

WWE. The Shield. The Wyatt Family. Paige. Alicia Fox going crazy. The occasional Cena promo. The Daniel Bryan story right before everything went to shit for him. Zeb Colter. Cesaro. Paul Heyman. Batista. All really good stuff, even ignoring the occasional good match they throw out on Main Event, Superstars or Smackdown that I'll look up thanks to Klunderbunker. Speaking of which...

Klunderbunker. His weekly reviews have pretty much been a good way to cherry-pick the fun stuff in wrestling and ignore everything else and I've used that to great success in overlooking the chaff on Monday Night Raw's three hour broadcasts. So here's to you KB.

I haven't really been able to watch much wrestling aside from Wrestlemania, a RAW replay or two, and some stuff when I have the time for it on the Network. I do keep tabs on ROH and WWE though. I like where the whole Rollins/Evolution/Shield thing is going. It's fresh and exciting.

-Kenny Omega continues to be awesome. The man continues to be rocking it now matter what match he's in on DDT and I'm really looking forward to watching his BOSJ matches

-I am loving Zack Sabre Jr. in Noah and I'm really haply that Noah gave him and Ogawa a Jr. Tag Title run.

- My favorite tag team in wrestling right now is Mickey Nicholls and Shane Haste. They constantly put on good solid matches and sem to put in a ton of effort. I would not be surprised if they were eventually signed by WWE one day.

- Katsuhiko Nakajima is the future of Noah and deserves the Heavyweight title. Like right now.

-Masanobu Fuchi at 60 years old is the most entertaining wrestler in AJPW. I don't know if that just shows how awesome Fuchi is or if that shows how awful AJPW is recently.

- Besides the death match stuff BJW continues to amaze me. I wish I'd started watching their non heavyweight stuff earlier, because its simply been awesome. Sekimoto and Okabayashi are amazing strong, hard hitters. Hercules Senga and Tsutomu Oosugi are the best Jr. Tag team right now. They remind me of the Motor City Machine Guns, but even better. They are great high fliers, can take a beating like nonother and play the underdog role perfectly.

Rollins is a good thing right now. Bray Wyatt, but more importantly Luke Harper are awesome. Ambrose along with Roman are always fun to see.

I don't watch much ROH, to difficult without a DVR, but their success is something to like. They've come a long way.

TNA, I'm digging Bram although his name is shit. EC3 and Spud are both enjoyable. Now I'm just waiting for Lashley to destroy people.

I like how it is character driven with somewhat believable gimmicks. I am speaking of WWE because that's all I care to watch these days. The wrestling itself is very good and the headdropping is all but non-existent and I can handle the snug style of Cesaro, Sheamus and many on the roster.

The strorylines are especially interesting and the product has been top notch for quite awhile.

My only complaint is Raw is too long and I'd like to see a 90 minute show and Vince agrees. He has said this. I'm fine with PPVs being as long as they are because they are special and I enjoy them.

the in ring product in the WWE, specifically at PPV events, is truly fantastic this year. MOTY canidates at every one of them.

I love the build of most of the young guys, and all the stacked young talent WWE has. The youth on the main roster, the incoming signees, and NXT, are jam packed with solid young talent, not only talent, but in many cases experience beyond their years.

Im excited to see if ROH can raise their production and polish to the same level as their effort and fantastic presentation.

-WWE PPV. I feel they've hit on all the PPV this years. Especially since Mania.

-I agree with RybAxel. Though I'm a big Axel guy in general.

-Bad Influence is the greatest. 'Nuff said.

-Young Bucks, Steen, Cole, and Hero. All of them.

-Seth Rollins, Shield or no Shield will always be ,y favorite of the 3.

-Ambrose/Reigns promo on Raw. Shit was tight.

I've really been digging what the young talent in WWE is bringing to the table, the Sheild and Wyatts(individually and as groups), Barrett and Big E have been phenomenal as of late and they have restored my faith in the future of the WWE. I enjoy Cesaro in the ring as well but I'd like to see him improve his all around game.

I'm really hoping that they push the right guy with the upcoming MITB matches, I'd love to see Barrett or Wyatt wearing that world title in the near future, seeing where they could go with that would be really cool.

And I'm not huge on the Indy scene but from what I've heard and researched I'm looking forward to seeing how Prince Devitt and Kevin Steen. Things are definitely looking up right now :)

- Tomohiro Ishii. He permanently looks like he's just finished the night shift at the Sakaide shipyard, walks to the ring like the world has just stiffed him out of $100, wins and walks off, selling the battle without much ceremony. Oh, and when he's in the ring he's usually having MOTN. BITW right now. Believe.
- Tetsuya Naito. Some would reel from a failed attempt at being groomed for stardom with a series of petulant performances and reluctant carry jobs. Naito is hellbent on making others look like stars.
- The Shield. Sky is the limit for all three.
- HHH. Never been a huge fan but his mic work is believable character work.
- The rise of the UK indy scene. PROGRESS, Rev Pro, PCW and ICW are all experiencing good periods now despite four different approaches.
- reDRagon. Enjoy them while you can, both are great but O'Reilly will probably forge his own path sooner or later.

- Nxt is really flourishing and producing some top talent for the future such as Sami Zayn
- Excitement to see what WWE do with the whole Ric Flair thing
- Brays promos are incredible, some of the best ever
- Seth's unpredictable heel change was awesome, best for business
- Mitb title match should be exciting

Nuevo Mistico in CMLL though I'm not up to date with his recent matches, he was wonderful right from his debut

• With Daniel Bryan injured and CM Punk sitting on his couch, Sami Zayn is doing a fantastic job as my favourite wrestler. I'm confident that he'll be world champion in WWE within the next few years.
  • The Ascension are so fun to watch, bulldozing everyone in their path. Anyone who doesn't think so is a fucking sourpuss! Yah.
  • NXT is the best show in wrestling. I look forward to watching it every week. It's so good that I'm starting to wish talent wouldn't get called up.
  • Adam Rose is a fun gimmick. I adored Leo Kruger but Adam Rose has melted my cynical, icey heart.
  • Between Adrian Neville and Bad News Barrett, I'd say there's a reasonably realistic chance of an English world champion being crowned before, say, 2020. This isn't something that matters massively to me - I'd sooner see Wyatt or Zayn or someone with superior talent win the title(s) - but I'd just like an English champion before I die. I'd settle for British.
  • Bray Wyatt is excellent in the ring and phenomenal on the microphone. The Cena feud, or at least the final two thirds of the Cena feud, has been a bit of a brick wall in what was otherwise a seriously great year, but he's my pick to win the world title at Money in the Bank. Things could get exciting.
  • As disappointing as Bryan being forced to relinquish the title has been, it's opened up a number of exciting opportunities. Here's hoping Brie Bella stays quit, Bryan doesn't have to feud with Kane anymore and someone other than Cena wins the belt in Bryan's absence.
  • Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose's flourishing bromance is lovely to watch. I want to write erotic fan fiction about them or do humorous doodles of them with anime eyes.
  • Dean Ambrose is surprisingly good as a plucky - albeit mentally unstable - face. I'm told by my Indie Sources that he's never been a face before. Jazz hands!
  • Cesaro's bound to get super over again at some point, right?
  • Seth Rollins.

Men in spandex, the only thing consistently appealing about wrestling since the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back