• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What could have made older feuds last longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oogieboogie

Occasional Pre-Show
I am starting this thread as i was thinking about the Ultimate Warrior and Undertaker feud when it took off with a massive bang with the UT locking UW in the casket. I started to think that this feud lasted all of a month or two, maybe slightly longer with Jake The Snake claiming to help the UW. I was disappointed that nothing ever came about it. I was around 11 when it started and was so excited. It was the UT who at the time was this big mean monster, who seemed invincible and it seemed like the UW had met his match.

Now the way i would have had this play would be after the casket incident, UW would have returned to action a few weeks later, still traumatised. During his first match back have the UT's music play during the match (Though UT would not come out), which would freak him out a bit. Do this for a week or two.
Then when UW is having a match and in a winning position (Not with a jobber) the UT music plays and UW doesn't take notice of it, until you see Paul Bearer coming to the ring pushing a casket. UW takes notice of this and eventually loses the match as a result. PB pushes the casket half way up the ramp and stops. UW having lost the match looks freaked and PB opens the casket to show a UW dummy, after which PB walks to the back. Another incident similar happens where the casket is pushed up to the ring during a match and when the UW is losing, UT comes out and interferes in the match and beats the UW and leaves him laying in the ring and places him in a body bag but doesn't zip it closed all the way.

After this i would have UW do a segment in the ring where he calls out the UT. I would have PB come out and talk to UW on behalf of the UT. Saying that UT knows that the UW has never met a man like the UT and that he is very scared and that the UT is playing mind games with the UW, which is a battle the UW has already lost. UW would then get angry and grab PB at which point the UT music plays and UW lets go of PB in anticipation of the UT. The UT would come from behind and tombstone the UW. This is where i would have Jake The Snake come out to the ring and have UT leave and they have a stare down. JTS would then tell the UW i can help you defeat the UT. He goes through the stages, but the last one would not be like the one with the snakes where you find out JTS screwed the UW. This would lead up to a ppv match between UW and UT with PB in UT's corner and JTS in UW's corner. The UW would win the match with a roll up or something. You would then have JTS come in to congratulate UW as UT looks on from the outside with JTS raising UW's hand. JTS would then double cross UW with a kick to the mid section followed by a DDT, he would take the microphone and say 'Never trust a snake' and laugh. He would then help the UT to put UW in a body bag, again not zipping all the way up and he would place a snake in the ring and UT and JTS would walk off. Once UW came around he would be freaking like crazy. This would allow the feud to continue for a while longer with both JTS and UT. But this is all i came up with. lol

While I think your idea is good, you have to remember that Warrior sucked on the mic, he was all charisma but couldnt do his part on the mic during the taker feud. Thats why they had Jake the Snake with him. I think they should have done a buried alive match with Jake turning on Warrior then!!!

Extending the Warrior/ Taker Feud would have required more talent than warrior ever had any hope of having on the mic at that time. It also would just not have worked, I don't think those 2 clicked well in the ring personally and taker at that time was not big on talking. Now if we were talking Rude/Warrior... yeah the possibilities would have been endless and Rude/Heenan could have done all the talking and nobody would have noticed or cared.

Cut the music..

Great thread. I was thinking about the same thing - except with the Katie Vick angle.

Maybe the week after Triple H had sex with her corpse, the show could open with a mysterious woman in the ring. The woman could kick her heels, afraid to speak for a few moments as the crowd - no doubt - chanted "Boring."

Just as she finally utters a sound, Kane's music could hit. The fire would shoot and the Big Red Monster would appear at the top of the ramp. He'd make his way to the ring as JR screamed "Through Hell, Fire and Brimstone... The Big Red Monster is here!" The King could then scream, "But why JR?! Why is Kane here?"

Kane would then confront the woman.

He'd say, "You know I didn't kill your sister. Tell these people that I didn't kill your sister."

The woman would then reveal herself to be Katie Vick's sister.

At this point, Triple H's music would hit and The Game would make his way to the ring.

JR could scream: "Business is about to pick up."
The King could make a comment about the girls puppies.

Triple H would then confront Katie Vick's sister.

He'd say, "Finally we can get some closure on this whole ugly mess. You can't hide from it anymore Kane."

The sister would then respond, "Yes. Finally, Kane can put this whole mess behind him. He didn't kill my sister ..."

Triple H could overreact in disbelief.

The sister would continue, "She died of AIDS... So for you Triple H, this whole thing is just beginning."

...What we'd have then is an interesting swerve and the first ever AIDS angle in the WWE... I mean really, where else can an angle that involved necrophelia go? You could follow it with a "First Blood" match between Kane and Triple H for the big payoff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back