• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What budgets should Government NOT take from?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
If you live in America, or anywhere basically, then there's without a doubt a great chance that every time you turn on the news there's something going on that leaves the government of your country taking cuts out of certain budgets in order to try and "help" the economy of the present. However, if you're like me, and you like to secure the economy's future more than the present, then you've probably seen your government take out from some budgets that you don't agree with. In short, what ARE those budgets that your government shouldn't take from?

For me, it's simple... Governments should truly find a way to take NOTHING out of educational budgeting. Why? Well let's put it like this...

The kids and teenagers who are all in school right now are the same kids that we in the future are going to have to rely on. If we want to better our future, then we should better their educations. Taking money AWAY from the school budget systems doesn't help in any way because it causes schools to have less books, less teachers to educate, and a dramatic increase in drop out rates. In my area, from my high school graduation, only a total of 100 seniors of the starting 235 students managed to graduate, with me being one of those who did... Now I'm not saying the entire number of students can put the blame on the economy... but I'm willing to bet that if the educational systems had the fundings to afford better teachers, more textbooks, and build better schools then the drop-out/DNF rates would be significantly lower.

I would think of another one, but honestly, I believe that's the biggest one you shouldn't take from... at all.

1. Social Security
2. Medicare
3. Medicade

I hear the GOP saying that "we can't afford these long term". Bull. You find a way to afford them. You're telling me that you're going to ask people in their golden years to go online and shop for insurance with a coupon? All they have to do is use a computer and they can compare prices! Yes, because every senior citizen A, knows how to do that and B, is going to be treated oh so fairly in a system like that.

"We don't have the money." Well then either stop cutting taxes on everything, stop giving subsidies to oil companies, stop financing two wars and screaming about how unAmerican it is to even think of cutting a penny out of the military budget. You know what's unAmerican? Throwing seniors out in the cold int he name of the budget. They've worked their entire lives but now they're just too expensive to worry about anymore right?

Also the same for Social Security. Those men and women have worked their entire lives and that is their reward. You take care of the people that got you here rather than using them as pawns in some big policitcal game to keep power for yourselves. That's undefendable.

All of our budgetary problems could be solved with less discretionary spending for the Department of Defense. The 2010 federal budget allocated $663.7 billion to the military. I'm sorry but that's way too much fucking money. The department with the second-biggest amount of discretionary spending in 2010 was Health and Human Services. How much did that department get? $78.7 billion. And, no, there's not supposed to be another number before the first "7" in that figure.

We could probably also cut out farm subsidies and save $20 billion a year. There's really no point in us having farmers that can't cope without federal subsidies. There are other countries out there that can provide the same amount of produce for about a twentieth of the cost.

education-because a dumb society is a bad society, a smart society is a better society
transportation-can't get to school/work without it
health-can't work/go to school without it
protection-can't go to work/school without it

I think politicians should get paid only 25% more than the average american their salary should go up AND down with the average wage for americans. I feel that if a politician votes to go to war, they MUST either go to war or someone in their family must fight. They'd probably find away around those though.

Anything that deregulates big corporations should be taken away from (how we got into that whole 2008 financial panic. You deregulate the banks, take bad loans, banks sell those bad loans to fannie mae and freddie mac who sell bonds with that money. People buy those AAA rated bonds which should really be rated C. the banks make those loans for worth more than the house so they can get their bonuses. People can't pay the loans, the banks can't sell the house to get their money back, and on down the line no one gets their money, huge clusterfuck all because of deregulation).

The military I'm not so sure how to answer that. Mostly because the government knows things I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back