• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are they waiting for?

Mustang Sally

Sells seashells by the seashore
One thought as to the almost casual build-up to WM31: Is it possible WWE is relying so much on their Network that they're willing to take a cavalier attitude toward events leading to March 29....figuring subscribers will be watching anyway, so why ask Brock and Roman to have a big confrontation.....and why bother old guys like Sting and Undertaker by making them appear in person?

Does management reason that bars and restaurants and a bunch of folks who order Wrestlemania yearly will do so whatever action is on tap? They might not buy the Network because they're interested only in Wrestlemania, which attracts more buys than any other PPV.

It's just a thought; I sincerely hope it's wrong.....but in meetings prior to the launch of the Network, do you think that in their development of a long-term strategy as a company, they figured the Network would shield them from the occasional poor PPV, reasoning that they'll get another shot at the same subscribers with next month's PPV? Sure, there will be some folks who unsubscribe, but I figure they take this into account.

I'm still presuming there will be more in-person appearances by the main event performers in the next 3 weeks......but why do you think they're giving us so little to get excited about in the meantime?

As to the question of why should they bother and the reason they shouldn't have this cavalier attitude? It's simple, because people are paying to watch their product, and supposedly this is the biggest show of the year, they should get the best the WWE has to offer.

They have let the fans down big time with three high profile matches featuring part time talents. Sting we've seen, he hasn't said a word, and the reason's given last night were ridiculous but we've seen him. Undertaker hasn't been seen since last year, unless he's managed to turn himself into a streak of purple lightening. We probably won't see him until Mania itself.

As for the main event. Yes we've had Paul Heyman out there doing his thing for the past few weeks but it's not the same. Brock Lesnar broke a 22 year old streak last year, he destroyed John Cena at Summerslam, all to face someone who doesn't come to the ring when he makes his limited appearances. It was a total waste of the Undertaker's streak and Lesnar's title run which should have been great, is going to go out with little more than a whimper.

It's hard for me to get involved in something when the wrestlers themselves don't seem to care. Maybe that's why there is still about 10,000 seats waiting to be sold at the last count. The WWE hasn't done their jobs this year, yes the undercard looks okay, but the marquee matches, the ones that sell the PPV itself haven't been handled well at all.

Just because people are now paying for the Network doesn't mean the product should let them down. I can almost guarantee you the fans in attendance at Levi Stadium didn't pay $9.99 for their tickets. They alone deserve better than their getting.

Yeah, it has been odd. I could see the idea behind not having Reigns and Lesnar face-to-face; to build up to the big confrontation, but it isn't working. As others have said, Sting hasn't said anything, and I guess the logic is the same there, but again, not really working. The Bray/Undertaker thing is weird as well. What should have been a roof-shaking return of the Undertaker was instead a taped message of his catch-phrase and a chair being hit by "lightning".

I get wanting to save the big reveal, but everything just seems off-balance, for lack of a better term. Like they are caught between ideas.

Yeah, it has been odd. I could see the idea behind not having Reigns and Lesnar face-to-face; to build up to the big confrontation, but it isn't working. As others have said, Sting hasn't said anything, and I guess the logic is the same there, but again, not really working. The Bray/Undertaker thing is weird as well. What should have been a roof-shaking return of the Undertaker was instead a taped message of his catch-phrase and a chair being hit by "lightning".

I get wanting to save the big reveal, but everything just seems off-balance, for lack of a better term. Like they are caught between ideas.

Actually that wasn't a taped message last night, he was apparently backstage at the arena. So there was nothing stopping him from coming out. I would have love to see him appear and run his thumb under his neck. Would have done more than any pyro they could come up with.

I've been trying to get in Vince's head for the better part of the last four years and this is where I think he is on this topic:

My son has asked for Batman to come to his birthday, not the UT or Sting so I can't tell you how much they cost per appearance. My guess is that it is a lot more than the $95 per half hour fake Batman is charging me. So that is where Vince is stuck between his heart, pride, and wallet. He can get away without paying UT and Sting to show up on Raws and still expects people to pay for his WM extravaganza. Sting and UT are cool with the arrangement. The Raw fans lose out but Vince already has his cable money deal, he just hopes his Mania buy delivers without the usual build.

My guess on Brock is that everything he does is awesome and Reigns is dull so keep Brock doing nothing to build up his negative heat and he just seems lazy and disinterested. Reigns will seem like a hero in comparison.

Once again, these Cadillac Contracts for part time talent have got to go away, or at least used more sparingly.

I love Brock Lesnar, but if he can't be assed to show up one day a week at his job, then find someone that can be assed. I get it that anyone born before 1995 will think the Sting thing is incredible, but, who is he REALLY attracting to the company? I feel like the whole Sting thing is more or less Hunter getting in a dream match before they put a dude into the HOF. And I've been quite vocal on the Undertaker. While he's probably my favorite superstar of all time, watching him wrestle one more time on my TV will be sad, not heroic.

Wrestlemania is going to consist of:

A newish tag team, 4 part timers spread over 3 matches, a multiperson ladder match, a multiperson battle royal, and some other glorified Raw matches. Honestly, I'd rather watch NXTMania.

I think everyone is being a tad bit negative. I am hyped. Look at it this way. The WWE is in a transitional period which garners great oppurtunity for the new upcoming performers. E. G. The next generation. Everyone was down on wwe during that time and we got some great matches and superstars out of that era. Also John Cena is not in the main event and there is not one WM rematch. All the matches are fresh. I understand the part time issue. But with the whole kane and show overkill and years of 2many top teir titles and title changes. I welcome the anticipation. The reality era isnt perfect but its better then the same ole, same ole and its only a matter of time before nxt truely takes over. Great time to be a fan in my eyes.

Your point about the WWE Network is interesting, and is something I've thought about since it first launched.

The Network basically removes the incentive to improve the current product and deliver higher quality PPV events. For $9.99 a month, an average PPV is acceptable, but when you add in all the additional content the Network offers it really is a great value. Fans are going to subscribe to the Network largely out of nostalgia for the classic wrestling they once knew and loved, and the immense video library the WWE owns has now become their greatest asset. By coupling the modern day product to the beloved product of the past through the Network, it ensures the continuing success of the WWE in spite of whatever is happening currently. This is the genius of the WWE Network. The WWE couldn't figure out how to make today's product interesting or engaging for the fans, so instead they just sell it alongside the old stuff fans already love.

If there is a drop in overall profits resulting from the move to the Network model, that also doesn't really matter because the Network allows them to dramatically decrease PPV pay-offs for the talent, and denies the talent royalty payments for their DVD sets that are now available for streaming. So while the overall pie is smaller, the WWE is effectively taking a bigger cut of this smaller pie, which means they have more pie in their belly at the end of the day.

Pie is money.

I agree with Shark Boy, I think some people are being slightly negative and are dooming Wrestlemania to failure when it is still nearly three weeks away. Whatever happened to letting things unfold, giving them a chance to tell their stories in some manner that they deem to be correct (and then ripping the shit out of it later if it turns out to be a disappointment). Or giving credit where credit is due when it turns out to be better than anticipated. Which of course, the naysayers will never do.

Perhaps they are keeping Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns from having their face to face encounter until the last possible moment because they are afraid of the fans hijacking their encounter, as they have tended to do with other storylines which they have been too quick to prejudge. If Brock and Reigns meet face to face with weeks to go before the grandest stage of them all, and the fans start cheering Lesnar and booing Reigns, they've got a big problem on their hands which only escalates over a few weeks. This is an even bigger problem if in fact Lesnar is departing after WM31. Maybe there's going to be just one face to face, and a very physical one, on the last RAW before Mania, which would work nicely in my opinion.

Regarding Sting, they did the silent vigilante schtick back in WCW, when he never uttered a word for weeks while making a return from an extended absence. In this case it is even a longer absence: a whole career prior to this late WWE appearance. So maybe they are trying it again, and I think it is premature to doom it to failure before it occurs. I think it builds the anticipation for finally seeing him in a WWE ring, giving him a greater aura of mystery, and it also keeps the physicality to a bare minimum prior to the end of March. Let's see how he looks and performs at WM31, and what he has to say on RAW the next night, when in figure we will finally get to hear what he has to say.

And regarding Taker, most of the folks on here have discussed Undertaker like he's a decrepit senior citizen, someone who was beaten so badly by Brock Lesnar last year that he is on death's door and is probably never going to be seen in a WWE ring ever again. So how better to keeps his aura, his mystery, his presence viable by not letting anyone see him whatsoever until he arrives at Mania. And when he shows up and he's just fine, that reports of his deterioration have been grossly over exaggerated , it will be all the more effective. And will set up nicely for his final appearance in a WWE, against you know who in Texas next Wrestlemania.

I thought things were dragging in terms of setting up the Seth Rollins versus Randy Orton feud, and last night finally kicked that into high gear. A little patience, and boom, we've got a great WM match and feud. Maybe some of us need a little more patience regarding the other stories, before we all jump to the conclusion that WWE has no idea what they are doing.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Sting vs. Triple H or Taker vs. Wyatt. I get the impression that they're wanting to save Sting's first on screen promo for when we get right on top of WrestleMania. In the grand scheme of things, I think people will be into this match's build just on the novelty of it being Sting's very first match in WWE. They wanna see how he'll do, how he'll be able to hold up with Triple H, etc. The problem with this is that it runs the risk of the match being a big letdown if Sting's just not up to par, or at least close enough to it to where it doesn't look like he's being completely carried through 99% of the match.

As for Taker vs. Wyatt, I get the impression of Vince experimenting along a similar vein as Lesnar. We probably won't see Taker until WrestleMania itself and Vince is banking on people being curious enough to see how he looks, what sort of condition he's in and as to whether or not he can deliver in this match to tune in. To some degree, it's working for me as I'm genuinely curious about those things. Again though, as with Sting vs. Triple H, Taker's condition might be as bad or even worse than last year, meaning the match could possibly flat out suck.

As for Lesnar vs. Reigns, I honestly don't know what's going on here. Does Vince not have confidence in Roman Reigns enough on the mic to be able to carry his part of the build? If so, he shouldn't have been put in the match. I'm sure we'll get a big brawl between them in the next few weeks, but that still doesn't do anything to address concerns regarding Reigns' personality, mic work and his rapport with fans. He's no longer being booed in massive droves left & right but there's no reason whatsoever, at least in my eyes, to care about Reigns right now. Instead of the match people should be most hyped about, I find myself caring less about this match than anything else on the card.

Generally speaking, the undercard matches have gotten stronger build in my opinion. The Intercontinental Championship ladder match, Cena vs. Rusev and Orton vs. Rollins, which isn't official yet but we know it will be, strike me as some of the stronger and most anticipated undercard matches for WrestleMania in quite a while.

The three top matches have me concerned and I don't really have high hopes for Taker vs. Wyatt or Lesnar vs. Reigns. Taker's physical condition is a huge concern and neither Lesnar or Reigns really have the skills to really call a match.

Like I said in a different thread the event is shrouded in mystery.

It wouldn't matter what they did anyway, a section of the audience would complain about it endlessly anyway.

They using internet storylines in the program. Undertaker is old and beat up, he almost died against Lesnar, he washed up, all that shit and now they making people pay to see whether it's true or not. HHH is power hungry, he hates the fans and running WWE into the ground so now someone has to step up and stop this (Sting). Lesnar is good as gone and will be going back to UFC and he threatens to shoot during the match if they try a "Montreal" on him. All this shit is drummed up by the dirtsheets and WWE is using it.

The main events are coasting a little bit (especially Lesnar/Reigns which seems like it's in a holding pattern) but the midcard has had such excellent build the show should still be mostly good. There are several storylines intertwined with these multiman matches, especially the IC Title and ATGBR, so I'm more than intrigued.

I think it's actually the opposite. The more often we see something, the less valuable it becomes. While it may have the opposite effect, WWE may believe that not having Sting, Taker, and Reigns facing Lesnar on TV and having them only at Mania may up the amount of people watching because they want to finally see everything.

Honestly, the build to WrestleMania has sucked. Nearly everything about WWE sucks now. But Vince McMahon is so blinded by his own ego that he can't see it unfortunately. WrestleMania is going to be an ok show that could have been great if the build up was done properly.

This WM season has been weird to say the least.. Sting yes is so iconic he can not say a word and deliver his message just fine.. But to pretend that was stings voice last night is an insult to us fans we all knew that wasn't his voice so why try to pull the wool over our eyes..

The Marquee matches where is the build? At least with Wyatt and Taker their has been some sort of buildup with Wyatt questioning if the undertaker is the same man he once was.. I personally think its cool we wont see taker until the night of WM but what kind of shape will he be in? The Trips vs Stinger match,trips is doing all the work himself and stinger IMO really isn't doing much to hype the match. It seems to me and I hope I am wrong on this,but the wrestlers in the marquee matches seem they dont care..

Maybe mustang Sally is right in saying the WWE is figuring a good portion of us will watch it on the network so really why try to hype up the matches.. Were getting it for 9.99 a month. But for those who are attending and going to bars or wherever they deserve better than their getting..

The only match really hyped up is the ladder match for the IC title and that could be the match of the night..

I am waiting for a face to face between Roman and Brock.. Roman is getting better on the mic but maybe the higher ups dont have confidence in him to sell his part in the match. I am worried about Takers health,we have heard rumors that he basically was falling apart and then we get him supposedly working out although it was hard to tell if it was actually him..

Sting needs to talk not have some ad-lib that does nothing.. IF this is a one time appearance for him IMO they're wasting it.. The IC match and Cena vs the Mighty Rusev are the only matches i think that have been built up!

The three Main ones they have to do a much better job in these last few weeks or i fear this WM will be a huge letdown and a lot of what ifs

Actually that wasn't a taped message last night, he was apparently backstage at the arena. So there was nothing stopping him from coming out. I would have love to see him appear and run his thumb under his neck. Would have done more than any pyro they could come up with.

That's even worse then. He was actually there and just gave him a mic backstage? Unbelievable.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Sting vs. Triple H or Taker vs. Wyatt. I get the impression that they're wanting to save Sting's first on screen promo for when we get right on top of WrestleMania. In the grand scheme of things, I think people will be into this match's build just on the novelty of it being Sting's very first match in WWE. They wanna see how he'll do, how he'll be able to hold up with Triple H, etc. The problem with this is that it runs the risk of the match being a big letdown if Sting's just not up to par, or at least close enough to it to where it doesn't look like he's being completely carried through 99% of the match.
While I can sort of see your concern, HHH wouldn't go into a Mania with an opponent he didn't think he could have a good match with. If anything, this is the match I have the most faith in on the whole card, because I know that HHH has hitched his legacy to fighting 1 or 2 matches a year.
As for Taker vs. Wyatt, I get the impression of Vince experimenting along a similar vein as Lesnar. We probably won't see Taker until WrestleMania itself and Vince is banking on people being curious enough to see how he looks, what sort of condition he's in and as to whether or not he can deliver in this match to tune in. To some degree, it's working for me as I'm genuinely curious about those things. Again though, as with Sting vs. Triple H, Taker's condition might be as bad or even worse than last year, meaning the match could possibly flat out suck.
This is the match I'm the least confident in. Bray has proven that he's complete shit in the ring, and last year, Taker showed the same thing. Assuming Taker really spent the year healing and training, it could be good, but who knows.
As for Lesnar vs. Reigns, I honestly don't know what's going on here. Does Vince not have confidence in Roman Reigns enough on the mic to be able to carry his part of the build? If so, he shouldn't have been put in the match. I'm sure we'll get a big brawl between them in the next few weeks, but that still doesn't do anything to address concerns regarding Reigns' personality, mic work and his rapport with fans. He's no longer being booed in massive droves left & right but there's no reason whatsoever, at least in my eyes, to care about Reigns right now. Instead of the match people should be most hyped about, I find myself caring less about this match than anything else on the card.
I think that it's less that Roman can't hold his own, and more that Brock is being punished for walking out, and so he got his opponent put into another feud. Probably so Vince could flex muscle and show Brock he isn't that important.
Generally speaking, the undercard matches have gotten stronger build in my opinion. The Intercontinental Championship ladder match, Cena vs. Rusev and Orton vs. Rollins, which isn't official yet but we know it will be, strike me as some of the stronger and most anticipated undercard matches for WrestleMania in quite a while.

The three top matches have me concerned and I don't really have high hopes for Taker vs. Wyatt or Lesnar vs. Reigns. Taker's physical condition is a huge concern and neither Lesnar or Reigns really have the skills to really call a match.
I don't have any faith in the ladder match, but that's because those aren't my thing. I'm sure that Daniel Bryan and Dolph will kick it up a notch.

But I'm mainly curious as to how you get the information that Brock and Reigns can't call a match. I see it said around here a lot, but I've yet to see actual proof of this. A current wrestler coming out to say that Brock can't call a match, or that Roman can't call a match.

I'm taking it I'm the only one who think this may (for the time being) be the best build in several years.

The main events are established and are getting a nice slow burn and, better still, the new blood (Reigns and Wyatt) are being given time to build personal momentum. Lesnar, Taker and Sting don't need to appear - the anticipation should be enough and three great talkers in Heyman, Wyatt and Hunter are doing their part in building the match in an old school way by putting over both competitors in each match. Vince invented this model back in the 80s and it's a low risk; high reward proven method.

And what has it produced? More time to establish a pretty mouth watering undercard. Anyone who hasn't enjoyed Orton's manipulation of Rollins really should give up following this game. Cena / Rusev has been given an added dimension beyond the old Iron Curtain shtick in questioning John's worth to the WWe. While I'm among the many questioning some of it's participants, everyone must admit that any ladder match featuring D-Bry, Ziggler, Ambrose, BNB, Stardust and Harper (R-Truth is still strange admittedly) is very mouthwatering. Even the Bellas versus AJ and Paige build has been a vast vast improvement from the nauseating Nikki / Brie / Steph crap that preceded. The only matches that are still leaving me completely cold at the moment then are the Andre invitational (which would look like a pre-show cert if not for Andre's name and the Steph / Cena segment) and the Tag match that, going by last night's RAW, is as much about who's outside rather than in the ring and is my favorite to actually be the pre-show bout.

I'm not saying everything is perfect - the Rumble and Fast Lane left much to be desired; I question Roman's capabilities to handle the pinnacle; why guys like Daniel, Dolph and Ambrose are given massive pushes only to be relegated to multiman duty; and I absolutely detested the Sting vignette last night (asking people to care about the Stinger and then insulting our intelligence with voiceover man is a bit much). What I am saying is that the three ME matches are being worked on anticipation very nicely and that four matches on the undercard have been well built. That I care about seven of the matches with several builds to go and having been pretty skeptical of their out-turn from last years event isn't bad going.

Intersting opinion. Its Wrestlemania after all and they think event sells itself and they can do whatever they want. Though I also heard that they still didnt sold out all tickets which shows they have difficulties...

Can figure out what they are thinking though. Brock/Reigns was preplaned eversince Streak was over and people should get behind it, HHH thinks he gives people dream match in all that WCW vs WWF build with Sting, they think Taker match alone sells so Wyatt is good enough for just calling Taker all the way, Rollins/Orton to be technical masterpiece and Cena/Rusev as Rocky 4 type of match. For all others they dont care, might as well put them all at Andre Battle Royal. Still doesnt explain weak builds but am certanly positive that in WWEs mind its great card and build is superb.

God save us... old man Undertaker shooting lightning at Bray Wyatt? I thought this was supposed to be the reality era.

That was one of the best parts of the night. Mind you it would have been a lot better if the lightening had bounced off the chair and taken out the announce table. Maybe next year though.

At this point in time I have more faith in GSB's $95.00 an hour fake Batman coming out for a appearance, at least we know he would show up and get paid

"What are they waiting for " ? They're waiting for the day when the part-timer model of Wrestlemania is exhausted because there wouldn't be any more part-timers available. They started this trend since WM 27 in 2011(Naturally because Batista, Edge, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, HHH AND The Undertaker either retired completely or became once-a-year-wrestlers). Then they acquired the services of one Brock Lesnar. But very soon, they won't have Lesnar, Taker, Sting(I don't think Sting would be fun to watch at 56 or 57 yrs old next year, just like Ric Flair wasn't), and Batista and The Rock wouldn't be available. CM Punk is gone.

The WWE's only choice beginning next year would be to elevate/rely on Cesaro, Sheamus or Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler and of course they have the modern lesser talented Mankind in Bray Wyatt, and Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. The only part-timers/established main eventers the WWE will have next year would be John Cena , HHH, and Randy Orton. I don't even think procuring the services of "Chris Jericho" for another Wrestlemania main-event would work anymore unless if its Daniel Bryan who's the champion.

And honestly, if you think about it, now that they've exhausted every main eventer/star from the '90s(Rock, Taker, Sting, Jericho) to the 2000s(Batista, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, etc), it's going to be very hard building Wrestlemania from the following year. And by God if they put up Sting vs Undertaker next year with a buildup where both of them are even PRESENT, it won't matter.

"What are they waiting for " ? They're waiting for the day when the part-timer model of Wrestlemania is exhausted because there wouldn't be any more part-timers available. They started this trend since WM 27 in 2011(Naturally because Batista, Edge, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, HHH AND The Undertaker either retired completely or became once-a-year-wrestlers). Then they acquired the services of one Brock Lesnar. But very soon, they won't have Lesnar, Taker, Sting(I don't think Sting would be fun to watch at 56 or 57 yrs old next year, just like Ric Flair wasn't), and Batista and The Rock wouldn't be available. CM Punk is gone.

The WWE's only choice beginning next year would be to elevate/rely on Cesaro, Sheamus or Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler and of course they have the modern lesser talented Mankind in Bray Wyatt, and Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. The only part-timers/established main eventers the WWE will have next year would be John Cena , HHH, and Randy Orton. I don't even think procuring the services of "Chris Jericho" for another Wrestlemania main-event would work anymore unless if its Daniel Bryan who's the champion.

And honestly, if you think about it, now that they've exhausted every main eventer/star from the '90s(Rock, Taker, Sting, Jericho) to the 2000s(Batista, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, etc), it's going to be very hard building Wrestlemania from the following year. And by God if they put up Sting vs Undertaker next year with a buildup where both of them are even PRESENT, it won't matter.

They could still do things with Rock, Sting and Brock

Rock - face Reigns at Summerslam/WrestleMania to pass the torch once Reigns is over enough as a main eventer, face Brock in their rematch from Summerslam 2002 at a WrestleMania, face Orton (should have happened at WM XX) third generation star vs. third generation star, face a heel Cena - finally break the tiebreaker between the two.

Brock - face Orton - Brock never faced Orton in his prime, face Reigns in a WrestleMania rematch, face Rock in a Summerslam 2002 rematch, face Cesaro.

Sting - face Taker, face Rollins

I guess it has been all been said in this thread before but there is one thing that I would like to add. It is a well known fact that even the most casual fan can fall out of love with wrestling during the summer and the autumn. When they do, the WWE look to get them back on board for WrestleMania, and that all starts at the Royal Rumble. I know this is true because I often do it myself. Usually, a few months after WrestleMania, I give wrestling a miss for a few months because there is nothing really worth watching. But I have always come back for the Rumble and for Mania. Every year.

With that in mind, the WWE should be ramping up their production and entertainment to try and get as many casual fans to buy the network as they can. Right now they have a lot more people watching than they will in 3 or 4 months. So give them something exciting and hope that you can get them hooked on the product enough to purchase the network and get their money before they leave again.

Then again, watching Mania on the Network is cheaper than buying the PPV. So maybe they are trying to make it purposefully shit to make people take the cheaper option and give the middle finger to the cable providers...

I think we hit saturation point with the part timers dominating Wrestlemania last year and that this is the hangover from it. Having Sting, Undertaker and Triple H as three of the six headline acts is just too much and that's without me even counting Brock as a part timer. Throw in to the mix that Reigns and Wyatt have spots that would be more suited to Bryan, Orton, Ambrose and Rollins and that the biggest fan favourites in John Cena and Daniel Bryan are both stuck in the midcard and it looks like a pretty poorly built card that doesn't excite as much as it should.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing Sting in a WWE ring, I am interested to see if Rollins cashes in and I am hopeful the Intercontinental Title match will be a lot of fun so there are things to look forward to.

Actually now that I think about it maybe the card isn't the problem but that the potential outcomes are too obvious? I assume we're all thinking that Sting, Undertaker, John Cena and Roman Reigns all go over, Orton probably gets the W for his return match too, so that's all of the top drawing matches having very obvious results. That's a big problem because tuning in to witness the obvious isn't all that exciting. Last year people were wondering if Bryan would manage to beat Triple H and go on and win the title. No one expected Brock to beat Taker and people weren't sure if Cena would beat Wyatt. Huge difference in the mindframe of fans heading in to the event.

instead of a build to matches creatively, we have found out about the MAJORITY of WM matches through push notifications on our phones...... the WWE has become a bad joke. What exactly does creative do ? There are NO stories being told on our screens each week..... 7 (?) hours a week in original programming . What does creative DO ??? Plan the sequence of ads and replays?? It is as simple as this....

The WWE "creative" has become ,simply, their marketing team.

the ONE story they have given us, goldust and stardust, doesn't even make the WM pre show card. In fact it appears the story has simply been dropped. Wonder why noone watches wrestling... i mean , sports entertainment , anymore???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back