What albums are you going to pre-order?

Hollywood Naitch

The current reigning and defending
I have seen there is a similar thread in the Movies and Television forum so I thought I would make one for here too.

I don't normally pre-order CD's, I would always just go and get them early morning on the day they were released if I really wanted them, but now I am in full-time work I don't have time for that, so if I really want a new CD I will pre-order it and get it delivered in the post. There are a few albums I really want to get, so I think I will pre-order all these so I have them on their release date.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.

As a huge Oasis fan, I was devastated when they broke up, but now both Gallagher brothers are back. I picked up Liam's new band (Beady Eye)'s 1st album and thought it was decent, but not Oasis standard. Noel though is the brains and talent behind the band so I am expecting great things from his debut release. He is releasing a CD very soon (August I think? need to check on that), and a 2nd one early next year. This is a 100% surefire pre-order.

Kasabian- Velociraptor!

This comes out mid-September. I love Kasabian, they are one of the few modern indie bands with the attitude and swagger of proper rock 'n' roll stars. I own all their current albums, and love the 1st and 3rd (the 2nd isnt that impressive), and I am hoping this release will be great too. They are quality live, and I am amost certain I will pre-order this album.

The Game- The Red Album

Game finally returns in August, with his 4th studio-length album, which is the follow up to L*A*X. I thought his 3rd album was a drop in quality from his 1st two releases, although there were still some awesome tracks on it, and as this album has had its release date repeatedly put back, I hope he is returning with something special. The Game is easily my favourite rapper currently in the business, he keeps the mid 90's gangsta style alive. I will certainly get this album, but I am not 100% sure I will pre-order it, I more than likely will though.

Dr Dre- Detox

A certainty for pre-ordering. The long long loooong awaited return from the 5 Star Surgeon General is guaranteed to be a big seller, and I want it on its release date. While the 2 songs I have heard so far (Kush and I Need A Doctor) have been decent, they have not blown me away, but I still have high hopes for this album. Hell, Dre has been working on it for so long, it had better be amazing! I have no doubt that it will be one of the rap albums of the year, I can't see Dre settling for any less with what is supposed to be his last ever solo release. He will want to go out with a bang.

Well I pre-orded...

The Drug In Me Is You - Falling In Reverse

The debut album for Ronnie Radke's new band after his release from jail and previous stint with Escape the Fate. I have read a lot of negative reviews about this album, but I have also read just as many good reviews and I am sure that I will love it since Escape the Fate, I would say is my favourite band and DIYLF was my favourite from them, I should atleast LIKE this one but from what I've heard so far, it will be epic.

I pre-ordered the tshirt and album combo the other day and I got an email saying they shipped it yesterday so it should be coming soon.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.
As a huge Oasis fan, I was devastated when they broke up, but now both Gallagher brothers are back. I picked up Liam's new band (Beady Eye)'s 1st album and thought it was decent, but not Oasis standard. Noel though is the brains and talent behind the band so I am expecting great things from his debut release. He is releasing a CD very soon (August I think? need to check on that), and a 2nd one early next year. This is a 100% surefire pre-order.

I'm with you Naitch, I have to get this CD!! I loved Oasis, I still do and the Gallasher brothers were a really important piece of them.
I know that this is not going to make Oasis back, but it will surely remember that incredible band.
The album is due to be released on 17 October 2011.

A smell of the CD
[YOUTUBE]kFx_IniNjfE[/YOUTUBE]​

Red Hot Chili Peppers-I'm With You

Simple reason, I'm a huge RHCP fan, I've got all tehir albums and like them all, I'd also like to see what new guitarist Josh Klinghoffer can do (I'm sure he won't disappoint)

Dr. Dre - Detox
This is the only upcoming album I can think of at the moment that I would pre-order. I've been a big Dre fan ever since I was a kid and i still bump The Chronic and 2001. I've been waiting for this album since 13 and I've waited too long so I can't for it's release this year. I still can't wait until they finally release it's release date. The singles so far have been pretty good, and i've heard several leaks some good and some bad but I know Dr. Dre's got a big album coming, i cant wait.

There are heaps of good looking albums coming out this year :)

Dr. Dre - Detox

My fave old school rapper. He's had to change and evolve for this album, but I love Kush & I Need a Doctor.

J. Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story
In my eyes this will be album of the year. J. Cole is easily my favourite new rapper and every song released/leaked so far is awesome! Probably the most hyped debut.

360 - Falling & Flying
Not many of you guys will know him, but he's building bridges between Aussie Hip Hop, Dubstep and Indy. He is hilarious. This will be almost like a re-debut as his last album was independent and it sorta sucked.

The Throne (Kanye & Jay-Z) - Watch the Throne
2 of the best lyricists alive teaming up. The two singles so far, Otis & H*A*M, have been great.

There's not really much I'm thinking about pre-ordering at the moment, aside from one album; Ed Sheeran's +. I've known how good this guy is for ages now and since The A-Team came out, he's definitely getting more popular by the day. I just can't see how this is going to be a disappointment, as long as he keeps grime elements to it, it's going to be great for me.

The only album I see myself pre-ordering in the near future is probably the newest Shinedown CD scheduled for release sometime in 2012. Since Shinedown is my favorite band, I would obviously want to hear their new stuff right away. I've already heard a demo of one song, and if it's anything like the rest of the album, it should be good. Other than Shinedown, I don't see myself pre-ordering any other albums.

I rarely ever pre-order an album due to there not really being much coming out anytime soon that I like enough to pre-order. I do something similar rather often though.... I keep tabs on what days my favorite bands have their next albums coming out and if one of those days is approaching I will head to the store to potentially buy the album. Probably what comes the closest to me liking it enough to pre-order it would be Nightwish's Imaginarium, which is supposed to come out in January.

Life is good by NaS. Esco has been in studio with AZ, dj premier, no id, and kanye amongst others. He was money on all solo and guest appearances he's been on this year. He hasn't sound this hungry since stillmatic. If he works with the right producers, he should have another classic. Illmatic was the best lp in its decade as was stillmatic. Life is good might be the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back