• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WHAT?! Accoding To Who?!

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
I really loath people. I think I've gotten that point across. I'm anti-social. But I don't say it for no reason. I go to a nearby "Chinese" restaurant oftenly. Very nice. Very clean. Good food. Most "chinese" restaurants aren't like that here and are usually shut down after few years. So there is always this really stupid urban legend that chinese restaurants don't cook with beef, fish, chicken or pork. Nope. Aparently they are cheap bastards that instead use cats, dogs, iguanas and roaches. REALLY NOW!?! Dogs are cheaper than cows? Cats are cheaper than chicken? You jackasses still pay for the food? You do know there's only one chinese dude or lady in there, right? I suppose they stuff the health inspector in the freezer too, right? It's amazing how persistent this urban legend is. It can look like shrimp but people will argue that they took a roach and painted it before cooking it. Shit!

Yeah, this bothers me as well. But, the bottom line about people (many of us) is that we tend to be intellectually so we tend to like stereotypes, sweeping generalizations, urban legends, and easily discernible categories that aide us in not having to think too hard about things. We also tend to like laughing at other cultures. (All of that is a sweeping generalization in itself)

Of course, I'm guilty of all of those things from time to time, but I think I can get away with the latter because I make fun of ALL cultures, including my own. (Well, the multiple ones I have)

So yeah. . .my point is people who seriously believe that there's dogs, cats, and roaches in Chinese food don't really think about how illogical that really is because that stereotype causes them not to have to. For my sanity, I choose to believe that not many people genuinely think Chinese restaurants are serving up household pets.

I skimmed through your post and saw you were eating at a chinese restaraunt, I would highly advise againest this as I've come to find that Chinese people use dog and cat meat instead of chicked and beef. Oh, and the shrimps are colored cockroaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back