What about Y2J & RVD????

The_Don

Occasional Pre-Show
We're less than 4 weeks away from WrestleMania 30 and there's no signs of a Chris Jericho or Rob Van Dam return. There were reports here on WZ of a rumored match between Y2J & RVD at WM. So I have many questions for you:

1. Do you think there's still time for them to return & feud?

2. Will only one of them return? Who could they feud with??

3. Are they needed for WM?

maybe RVD and Jericho can be surprise entrants in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal...there is only 3 weeks of TV shows left and what would be the reason for RVD vs Jericho? they won't face off one-on-one at WM 30 and I'm sure of it.

I'll say no to all three questions. There's no place for RVD and Jericho on this year's card, and there's no point in forcing them into the mix for the sake of a spot at Wrestlemania XXX.

As far as Jericho goes, you're wasting him if you just throw him into some random multi-man match, and he doesn't need a win in the Andre battle royal. Jericho has the credibility of a main eventer, and if he can still go in the ring, he's more than capable of giving someone else a rub. Last year, the card was crowded, and Jericho had a forgettable match with Fandango. The same thing will happen again this year, if WWE forces him on the card at the last second.

They're better off saving RVD for a post Mania return (maybe at Extreme Rules). We're on the home stretch for the build to Wrestlemania now, and you're running an unnecessary risk of wasting RVD and Jericho, because they'll have no room to stand out underneath a heap of more prominent storylines.

1. 1. Do you think there's still time for them to return & feud?

Not really. There are only three more episodes of Raw until WrestleMania XXX and all of the prime spots are taken or will probably be taken by the end of Raw this Monday.

2. 2. Will only one of them return? Who could they feud with??

I'd say that there's a possibility of one of them returning, but I highly doubt both of them will. If I had to guess which one would return, it's RVD. Chris Jericho is doing his own thing right now, or he was the last time I heard anything. There's not really enough time for either one of them to partake in a real feud for WrestleMania at this point. If one or both do show up, I think they'll show up as surprise entrants for the battle royal.

3. Are they needed for WM?

Not at all. Generally speaking, most of the focus going into WrestleMania will be on Taker vs. Lesnar, Bryan vs. Triple H, Bryan possibly being introduced into the WWE WHC match, Cena vs. Wyatt, whatever goes down with The Shield and some holding out hope that CM Punk will pop up in some sort of role. These matches will probably be the ones given the most time, if I had to guess. Given how their WWE returns have been in terms of their schedule, it's not as if their addition to any sort of championship match will mean anything. RVD works for 90 days and then takes off for an unspecified amount of time. Last I read anything, he reportedly stated he'd be back in time for SummerSlam. As far as Jericho goes, he's great to have but his role is almost always restricted to putting over other guys.

maybe RVD and Jericho can be surprise entrants in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal...there is only 3 weeks of TV shows left and what would be the reason for RVD vs Jericho? they won't face off one-on-one at WM 30 and I'm sure of it.

Yeah, I could see them both in the Battle Royal. It would be like Royal Rumble all over again. A feud between the two leading to a match up at Extreme Rules would be ideal since HHH, Taker, Brock are bound to leave.

Oh I forgot about that Memorial Cup Battle Royal...well now that I think of it, I think the best scenarios for them to return would be as surprise entrants. I can't see any other way with a feud or something like that.

So like someone said here, it's like if they are not needed for now...

RVD seems pretty keen to return and made a comment recently about definitely being back for Summerslam, so I could see him popping up in the Andre Memorial Battle Royal.

Jericho on the other hand reportedly couldn't agree on a creative direction for a return so I doubt that has changed. We most likely wont see him again until WWE have something for him that he feels is worthwhile investing his time in.

Yeah the Battle Royal is the only real bet, even then them being there isn't at all necessary. Not that I would complain, I'm sure either of them would get a huge pop especially if WWE manages to keep their entry a total secret.

They aren't NEEDED, per se, but seeing as it's WM XXX, you could argue that none of the matches are really vital, since WM XXX would draw, even if Del Rio vs Miz was the main event.

Who wouldn't like to see Y2J and RVD having a surprise match or something? If they were to be entrants into the battle royale, it would be amazing.

So...
1) The beauty of a surprise is that it doesn't need any time on TV prior to WM. Not enough time for a feud, though.

2) I think the safer bet would be none of them returning. I would love to see either of them, but seeing as RVD was made out to be a bigger deal last time he returned, it'll probably be him.

3) They aren't needed, but they could add quality to any card, because they still got it, baby!

exactly, if either of them are on the card, 3 weeks out from the show, then obviously a surprise entrant into the 30 man battle royal is a perfect way to give them a spot on the card. Im expecting a few guys from Wresttlemania's past to show up in thsi match, I dont see NXT guys or low level guys like Ryder being in this match, hoping not anyway

The card seems pretty crowded as it it.. It'd be a shame to see them return just for the battle royal..

I think with all the legendary part-timers having matches on the card & Hogan hosting, RVD & Y2J are not needed for WMXXX, especially now considering the card is more or less locked in.

There's no place for RVD and Jericho on this year's card, and there's no point in forcing them into the mix for the sake of a spot at Wrestlemania XXX.

True. If either of them is to show up in a surprise appearance, I can't see them engaging in a match, either with each other or anyone else.

After all this time away from WWE, they would seem like part-timers which, of course, they are. Yes, they work a full time schedule when they're around...... but they haven't been around.

I think the best type of appearance they can make is a Royal Rumble-style surprise, in which they stand at the top of the runway, give the folks a chance to cheer them.....then run down to the ring and knock someone's head off before retreating to the back room, followed by the cheers of their adoring public.

Wrestling matches? They can start those the day after Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back