• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Were Chris Jericho's words true?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
At The Bash, we witnessed Edge and Chris Jericho defeat Carlito and Primo and The Legacy in a ''Triple Threat Tag Team'' match to win the Unified Tag Team Championships. Unfortunately, just less than about two weeks after their title win, Edge falls to a torn Achilles tendon injury, causing him to be out of action for several months.

From the very moment since Edge's horrible injury, we've seen Chris Jericho do nothing, but bash Edge the whole time. He's called Edge weak, frail, injury-prone among other things.

The point I'm trying to make is that Jericho told Edge that he will pick a partner that is the opposite of Edge, better than Edge, and more in his league. After all this speculation with Chris Jericho finding a new partner to help him defend the titles, we all found out that his partner turned out to be The Big Show.

Although I think of it as a bit of a letdown, it might turn out to be very entertaining. Who knows? So, does Big Show really cut it as everything that Chris Jericho bragged about? Is Big Show the opposite of Edge? Is Big Show better than Edge? Is Big Show more in Chris Jericho's league, as opposed to Edge? Or did Jericho just choose Big Show as his partner so that he'd have a giant on his side, protecting him?

What do you think?

In reality, I believe, Vince picked the Big Show as a last minute choice. I could picture Vince saying something along the lines of, “okay, forget about bringing someone in. Who do we have here right now that really isn’t doing anything??” As he looks at the card, he comes across the 6 Pack Challenge for the United States Title. “Okay, Kofi is going to retain, so who should we pull out?? Let’s go with the only guy in this match that really isn’t a Mid- Carder.” Then for a replacement, he sees Carlito talking to Primo backstage and says, “Hey Primo, what are you doing tonight??” The rest is history.

As far as Kayfabe goes, I think Show isn’t the best choice, but he is the only man to hold the WWE, WCW, and ECW Title in the History of this sport. That is a great accomplishment. Add that to Jericho being the first Undisputed Champion, and you have a great duo with bragging rights.

First off, no, I don't think Big Show is better than Edge and I was little disappointed it turned out to be Show as the mystery partner but I got used to it as the match went on. What annoyed me was thinking that Show would be in the tag match and then another match for the US title later in the night....I had visions of him winning the US title as well but I liked how they gave his spot to Primo.

I think Jericho bashing Edge all the time is near concrete evidence that Edge will return to feud with Jericho, but certainly it was unfortunate Edge got injured because I think he and Jericho would have been far more entertaining than tagging with Show, just because I think Edge is a more versatile performer than Show.

Nonetheless, I can see why they opted to go for Big Show as storyline wise it can be said that Jericho wanted someone who was dominant enough to team with him etc and Show is the type of person who can be moved up to the upper mid card/main event with ease as he is believable in the role...though I'm not sue where this team will go, will Jericho and Show eventually feud?

Is Big Show the opposite of Edge?

Almost in every way imaginable, yeh.

Overall, I think Show will fit into his new role fairly well and maybe it will freshen him up as well but in my opinion it will not compare to what Edge and Jericho could have done, but I guess we will just have to wait for their inevitable feud now.

when i found out that big show was the mystery partner,I was HUGELY dissappointed but then i thought to myself,"what else is new,WWE never does anything interesting or entertaining and there use to letting us fans down"

I mean seriously,who gives a fuck about the big show,he's been nothing since 2004 and no,stealing jack swaggers ring attire and shaving half his beard off is not going to make him relevant again

BUT,jericho did make due to his promise,his partner was the complete opposite of Edge in every way

IMO,if WWE was going to pick anyone from the roster,i think it should have been kane,he deserves gold,big show was already in the US title picture so he would have been fine but whatever

i agree with king Patrick up there,I think picking Big show was just a last minute choice

In my view, it makes a lot of sense. For the past two weeks who has been picking on Jericho?...think about it. Mark Henry and who else to help Chris out then Big Show...a man that can go pound for pound with Henry. Show may be fat, slow, and limited and not that much entertaining but he does have one thing on his side...power. They say a good team always need a perfect match of brain and power. Chris is the brain and Show is the power. Add them to the list of best tag team....I know they only had one match together but in that one match together, they beat a team that work together for over a year. Cheers to the "Jericho Show".

I think the Big Show is the perfect last minute choice for a number of reasons. They remind me of an Andre the Giant/ Ted DiBiase or Yokozuna/ Owen Hart, I think we know which character's playing which. Big Show's a heel (not that it stopped them from getting cheered), he goes along with all the shapes of partners Jericho was looking for, he's not in any big or important feud right now and probably a good thing to take him out of the middle card title scene, and best of all, he doesn't have to be long term.

Big Show doesn't care about people, so he won't be appalled by Jericho like everyone else is. And he doesn't really care how he gets gold, just as long as he has some he'll be content. Jericho now has a large body guard so verbally attack other wrestlers now. Neither has a historic connection, and both are on different shows so when the loss, it'll be over. To saddle Jericho up with someone from his past, Christian, would get a luck warm reaction then nothing, and anyone else good would've had to wrestle two matches. So looking at all possible choices Jericho could've had, Big Show was the best.

Now as for what Jericho said, Big Show really is the exact opposite of Edge, Shape and Style. He is better than Edge in the sense Jericho is saying, that Big Show isn't injury prone and is unbreakable. And as for more in Jericho's league, isn't the Big Show? Let's look: Big Show is a 5 time Heavyweight Champion, so is Jericho. Big Show's had 17 title reigns in WWE/WCW, Jericho's had 17 reigns not counting his IC title reigns, Big Show's won 9 different major titles (counting WCW World War) equal to Jericho's 9 IC title reigns (stretching a bit). And something else they have in common are the general lengths of their world title reigns both averaging nothing longer than 10 weeks. Anyway this pairing shouldn't be long term and is good for both men, they'll drop the title down the road and Jericho will probably feud with Undertaker over the summer, ten Hardy for the title, winning the title, then (if Edge is able to heal himself in time, I'm still doubting it) return at Wrestlemania to face Jericho. All because of Jericho's words.

It works great, because Edge has feuded with Big Show in the past, and when he comes back, he's due to feud with Jericho. Big Show could be somewhat involved in the storyline because of the past Edge/Vicki/Big Show program that we witnessed earlier this year.

Either way lets just hope we see the return of the Rated R Superstar Edge to the WWE by Rumble

In reality, I believe, Vince picked the Big Show as a last minute choice. I could picture Vince saying something along the lines of, “okay, forget about bringing someone in. Who do we have here right now that really isn’t doing anything??"

The WWE... Vince hasn't really cared aboutthe tage division for a long time. That's why he unified the titles in the first place... that's why Carloto and Primo held them for so long... this'll be interesting if he feels like making the belt credible again...

Is the Big Show better than Edge? Overall, no. Is he better than Edge in terms of size, strength and probably overall physical durability, then yes. While I'm generally with everyone about the Big Show, it could've been worse. That's why I'm willing to hold back on any criticisms to see what's going to happen. If the WWE is trying to restore some semblance of prestige to the tag team division, then the Big Show really isn't that bad of a pick. Along with Jericho, he lends credibility to the tag titles. He's a 4-time World Champ, former ECW Champ, former U.S. Champ, he's like a 6 or 7 time Tag Team Champ, so there is that at least. I think the best way to bring back the prestige of the titles right now is to have a couple of veterans hold them, build up the young tag teams and eventually drop the straps to one of them. I know, it sounds overly simplistic, but this really doesn't have to turn into a bad situation. It all depends on where they go from here.

I thought it would have been good for Jericho to not have a partner and wrestle by himself saying that the man who is better than Edge is me and to drop the titles to Legacy. Jericho could then move into the main event scene.

I think that the Big Show could work, but who knows it might not. From what Chris Jericho said, I think he did over hype The Big Show. Edge is so much better than The Big Show overall IMO, but IDK I think a new power-brains team, we havent seen in a long time, might be good for the titles. Give Jerishow a Tag Team finisher, a some time to feel each other out or become better as a team, and hold the titles for a while, and this could be a great team.

ofcourse bigshow isn't better than edge. jericho was just bullshiting to get heat. hell big show stole edges finisher. the spear!!! come on. thats not cool

No, Show is not as good a partner as Edge was but he is still a decent replacement.

Of course it would have been more exciting to watch Edge & Jericho as a team but injuries happen and they had to bring someone in. Big Show has a decent championship history and can be the giant of the team that Jericho can somewhat order. They can brag about their dominance and accomplishments and with Jericho on the mic it will continue to be great.

I like the team now, although I was dissapointed at first. I was keen for Jericho to take Ziggler under his wing but he was busy being built by Mysterio so I got over it. Now, I'm loving the pairing of these 2.

When I first heard it was Big Show I just shook my head in disappointment and amazement. Evil? Better than Edge? I expected someone really great and when we were stuck with Big Show I just thought "What the hell?". I'm glad to say he's proved me wrong. They're a great tag team. They look like they're a huge threat to everyone they wrestle, and Jericho's arrogant confidence is backed up by the sheer size of the Big Show. WWE have done a great job with these 2 wrestlers.

The main problem I had with Show being the choice is that it was a perfect chance to get someone else up to the main event level who could have held the unified titles(which started meaning something again once Jericho and Edge won them) and then had a high profile fued with Chris when the team broke up. Instead they've been safe and boring and just stuck it on Show,a guy who can't have long left as a full time wrestler. In the short term it may work OK but someone else would have been a better choice for the long term.But as WWE doesn't do anything for the long term,what would you expect?

I wasn't too happy with Big Show as Jericho's partner at first, but so far, the team has done a good job helping making Rhodes and DiBiase look solid. They made Cryme Tyme look legit and I'm sure once they face the Hart Dynasty, they'll come out looking good too. This team has taken the job of rebuilding the tag team division pretty well and so far have done a great job. Hopefully the sudden teaming of MVP and Mark Henry won't hurt them and as of last nights Raw, they looked good. Their match at Breaking Point looks like a good one and the bashing of putting 2 guys randomly together should be put to rest. Jericho was right. Big Show may not be as good as Edge, but you can't deny his accomplishment.

IMO Jericho made good. Biggie is a top guy, decent on the mike and in the ring. I've only disliked Biggie when they make him job to far smaller guys.
Also having Jericho rip into Edge makes that face re-turn easier. It would also set up a nice E&C reunion should Jericho n Biggie have the titles that long (doubt it though). I wouldn't expect that reunion to be anything but a one-off so the "hey, can you help me out for old times sake" will be an easy set up.
And Tlight is right, Biggie's involement with the Edge/Vickie thing is a nice tie in.

It would be nice if this was the start of a resurgence in the tag division. I've always felt that the division was a great way to build stars without having them get stale to quickly as straight out singles guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back