Well, Look Who Gets the Shaft Again

Con T.

Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
According to a new report, the plan for Money in the Bank as recent as a few days before the pay-per-view was to have Alberto Del Rio cash in his briefcase and leave the show as the new WWE Champion, regardless of what happened between John Cena and CM Punk.

There had been several ideas tossed around for the Punk-Cena storyline and WWE decided over the weekend to give Punk the WWE Title and go from there.

Huh. Is this becoming some weird, twisted pagan ritual that at every pay per view, Alberto Del Rio gets screwed out of the title? Seriously, has anyone been blue balled nearly as many times as Alberto Del Rio?

What is it with you people and thinking that wrestling is any more than just another television show? Alberto Del Rio is doing great right now. Alberto Rodriguez is nothing more than an actor whose job it is to carry out the creative plans of the WWE writing team, with the WWE champion being nothing more than a fictional title being placed on a number of fictional characters.

The WWE thought the best creative route to take the character was to have the WWE championship/Heavyweight championship just outside his grasp on a number of different occasions. He is still in the main event scene, and he's getting just as much television time as he would if he had a belt on him.

Christ, I just don't understand the general attitude with wrestling fans in general. You think you know the attitude of wrestling's "higher ups" because something fictional happened on TV, and it's not an attitude you have with any other show. If someone gets killed off or "shafted" in any other show, is your first conclusion, "This is bullshit! The writers must have hated that actor, or he must have done something to piss someone off."

No.

Just quit making assumptions and enjoy the show for what it is. A television show.

Says who? The internet reports? Because there's no way they just randomly decided to give Punk the title and "see where it goes from there." Del Rio is nowhere near ready to be a main eventer at this point.

Yeah. I mean it's not like winning a 40 man Royal Rumble was pointing to anything.

Where did you get four? It was two from what I understand. Once at Mania and once at MitB.

He was supposed to face Edge at the Royal Rumble and win but instead won the rumble. He was also rumored to beat Christian at ER but i think it's bullshit.

Yeah. I mean it's not like winning a 40 man Royal Rumble was pointing to anything.

Orton won and Edge won the previous Rumbes, they lost at Mania too.

There was no way that was happening.

I know what he's talking about. There was a report that they were going to put the title on Del Rio and have Orton win it immediately the same way he did with Christian. Good thing they didn't go that route.

I think they were right not to put a title on ADR too soon, and even more right not to give him a title and take it away right away.
Let him chase; let him get close. He needs to be able to draw more heel heat before they put him over. While it's obvious that the IWC and "smarks" like to see a guy spend some time "earning" the chance to get the title push, I think even a casual fan is really thrown off when a relative newcomer gets the title.
Lately, though, I am beginning to worry that they might be playing him too weak. Punk knocked him out with one kick and Kofi went over in the tourney. They spent a lot of time and effort building up his entrance on RAW, so it doesn't seem like they are intentionally burying him. Especially after he got the MITB win. Confusing booking.

What has Del Rio even done to deserve to be champ? He's been in the WWE for less than a year, and he hasn't even put on any great matches despite the fact that he's been given the opportunity to work with people who have put on great matches in the last year, namely Christian, Edge, and Mysterio.

He's above average on the mic, certainly, but I'd rather put the belt on someone who is either phenomenal on the mic, guarantees great matches, or is near the top of both categories. Del Rio is neither and there are many many other men that are better qualified than he.

Well Kenderson was also supposed to win the WWE title too.

Pissing Dirty, working slopping, and being injury prone luckily prevented that major mistake from ever taking place. Whew

Thankfully none of us had to endure a Ken Anderson title run in the WWE. Sorry the guy blows IMO

With Edge Retiring, Del Rio really should have gotten the big rub at WM27 from Edge and walked out as WHC. I think Del Rio and Orton could have had a good program on Smackdown. Christian could have still been involved blaming Del Rio for retiring Edge leaving a storyline open for these two as well. Face Christian wouldn't have been as good as current heel Christian but sacrifices must be made for the good of the business.

Maybe by Royal Rumble he'll have had his opportunity with the WWE Title, or he'll cash in and steal the WHC and go back to Smackdown where strangely he seems better suited for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back