Ween

Freedom 35

Kyle Orton Legend Killer
does anybody actually like these guys? the dont really have a sound they just write weird shit that your supposed to listen to when your high but Ive tried that and it does nothing for me. so what I want to know is where are the qualities? Im sure theres at leas one Ween fan on these forums and Id like to know whats the draw to them because Im really not seeing it.

They aren't a band who you need to listen to when you're high. They are an alternative rock/metal band with an experimental edge, throwing in influences from country, folk, pop among other things. They just aren't a band who most people can vaguely listen to and enjoy.

With that said, I'd consider myself one of those people. I've given numerous listens to their most acclaimed albums Chocolate and Cheese and The Mollusk, and neither do nothing for me. However, I'm not going to write them off completely, as they have a fairly large discography, and there's always chance they might have something for everyone.

I have a friend who's a huge Ween fan, a couple years ago he went and saw them three times in one week, just following them around on tour, and he has everything they've ever done, he's tried to get me into them, and they do very little for me, they have some stuff that is somewhat humorous, but just not my thing, fucker made me listen to them for like 3 hrs. on our way to Minneapolis to see Korn, & Mudvayne, like I want to listen some hippy-stonner shit to get into the mood to mosh:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back