Week 8: SavageTaker -versus- Franchize1990

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
One Night Only: Who would make the better one last night apperance? Bret Hart or The Rock

Franchize1990 is the home debater, he gets to choose which side of the debate he is on first, but he has 24 hours.

Remember to read the rules. This thread is only for the debaters.

This round ends + 24 hours after Friday 1:00 pm Pacific

I have seen some of the debates that my opponent has had so far here in the Debater’s League, and he is a good debater so I am glad to have the opportunity to debate him here. I wish him the best of luck and I hope we are able to have a great debate.

Now my opponent decided to pick The Rock for this week’s debate topic, but I don’t think he put in enough thought when he was choosing his side of the debate. The Rock was not the right choice here, Bret Hart was, and I will explain why Bret Hart was the right choice in the following paragraphs.

My first reason why Bret Hart would make a better one last night appearance is a pretty simple one: A possible confrontation with Shawn Michaels.

Who screwed Bret? If you ask that question to wrestling fans, you will get a plethora of responses. Some of the responses might be: Earl Hebner, Vince McMahon, Triple H, and maybe even Bret Hart himself. But the person that I see constantly getting the majority of the blame for the Montreal Screw job is none other than the man Bret was facing that fateful night: Shawn Michaels.

Shawn receives a lot of blame for the screw job and still gets “You Screwed Bret” chants when WWE travels to Canada. As a wrestling fan, you have to ask yourself if you would rather see The Rock make a last one night appearance or would you rather see Bret Hart make a final one night appearance when there’s the possibility of him confronting Shawn?

That question is easy for me to answer; it would be the latter. Shawn and Bret haven’t seen each other eye to eye in probably nearly or over 12 years now. Can you imagine seeing, for the first time in 12 years, Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the same ring at the same time? That’s something that I would rather see and would be highly anticipating all day long if it were to happen. I and other wrestling fans would be much rather see that happen than having to see Rock come out and cut one of his promos about kicking candy ass and about jabroni’s.

Bret Hart confronting Shawn Michaels is just my first reason why I think Bret Hart making a last one night appearance would better than the Rock making one. My second reason is that the majority of Bret’s fans are still very loyal to him.

What is that word that people have called The Rock for leaving wrestling and going to Hollywood? Sellout. A lot of the people who call the Rock a sellout were fans of his at one point or another. Now, it may just be my opinion, but those don’t sound like very loyal fans to me. Bret has loyal fans whether he is in Canada, Britain, or America, The Rock does not. The fans would make Bret’s one last night appearance way better because they wouldn’t be insulting him or chanting things like “sellout” at him.

That’s my second reason; my last and final reason is that Bret making one final appearance would be a treat for the fans. How many times have we seen Bret make an appearance with the WWE ever since he left them? Once that I remember. How many times have we seen The Rock make appearances with WWE ever since he left them when his contract expired in 2003? I don’t know exactly how many, but it’s certainly way more times than Bret has made. Therefore, fans will be more inclined to want to see Bret since, even though it would be one final time, him making appearances isn’t something that happens often like we have seen with the Rock.

The Rock has made quite a few appearances since he left in 2003. Fans have already seen him and now seeing Bret Hart have one final appearances would be something refreshing and exciting to watch. Bret Hart would most certainly make a better one final appearances than the Rock because of the reasons I stated which include: A possible confrontation with Shawn Michaels for the first time in 12 years, the majority of his fans still being loyal to him, and him making appearances is something that would be refreshing to see since we’ve only seen it once and it wasn’t even a live appearances with him at the arena.

The Most Electrifying One Night Return in Sports Entertainment

Bret Hart personifies himself as the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be in the WWE. The People’s Champ, the Great One, named The Rock is known to all WWE fans as one of the most charismatic superstars ever to lace up a pair of wrestling boots. If I were to choose between the Brahma Bull or Bret “The Hitman” Hart for a one night only return, I along with many others would hands down pick The Rock and here’s why:

More People Watch The Rock

Whether on the silver screen on in the WWE, The Rock is a very recognized person to all around the world. Bret Hart’s look has greatly changed since we last saw him in a ring and some may not remember what he looks like. The Rock is one of the most watched wrestlers ever in the entire history of the WWE. He was the main focus of the highest rated segment in WWE history, the segment pulled in a 8.4. So, from a business standpoint, bringing back The Rock for one night only would be better than bringing in Bret Hart.

Numerous Possibilities

The Rock’s one night return could have a ton of possibilities in terms of matches whereas Bret Hart’s confrontation is really limited to only Shawn Michaels. The Rock could go toe to toe with someone he’s never wrestled with, Shawn Michaels; in what could possibly be one of the greatest “wrestling matches” in a very long time. He could go against a up and coming heel in order to put that wrestler over with the fans and cement that wrestler as a main event star like he did with Lesnar back in 2002. The Rock could come back and make the most popular choice and go at it with the man who has been calling him out for a long time now, John Cena. It’s been talked about on all of the forums, message boards, and wrestling websites; who would win between John Cena and The Rock? The list goes on and on with potential wrestlers he could face

The Better Transition to the PG Era

The Rock would also be a better choice to make a return over Hart with the current viewers consisting more of the younger audience. Many of the younger people know of The Rock through some of his Disney movies like The Gameplan and Race to Witch Mountain and are more likely to react to him. Bret Hart has seldom been seen on television recently to my knowledge. Hart’s return would only garner a few pops from the hardcore wrestling fans that were old enough to remember how great Hart was in the ring. The only way the pops could get louder than that would be if he made his return in Canada. Whereas The Rock is an international superstar whose popularity continues to grow with every movie he does.

The Most Electrifying One Night Return in Sports Entertainment

Bret Hart personifies himself as the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be in the WWE. The People’s Champ, the Great One, named The Rock is known to all WWE fans as one of the most charismatic superstars ever to lace up a pair of wrestling boots. If I were to choose between the Brahma Bull or Bret “The Hitman” Hart for a one night only return, I along with many others would hands down pick The Rock and here’s why:

I would choose Bret Hart because he would actually make me look forward to his appearance since it probably wouldn’t be as predictable as if the Rock made a one last appearance. We know what we are going to get when the Rock makes some sort of appearance because we have seen it in the past so it’s less exciting and more predictable if he were to make an appearance over someone like Bret Hart. But let’s see your reasoning anyways…

Whether on the silver screen on in the WWE, The Rock is a very recognized person to all around the world. Bret Hart’s look has greatly changed since we last saw him in a ring and some may not remember what he looks like.
So because he has gotten a little older people won’t remember what he looks like? That’s a stupid reasoning. Just look at these two pictures:

Bret Hart when he was the WWF Champion:

bret_hart.jpg

Bret Hart at an autograph signing not too long ago:

RobVanDamBretHart.jpg

Yeah…he doesn’t look much different now does he? The only things I can tell are different is that his hair color might have changed a little and he’s gained some weight. Simply put, Bret Hart is still recognizable and it’s not like his face has been deformed to the point where no one can tell who he is. Also throw in the fact that he has been doing autograph signings that have brought in nice crowds so people definitely remember him if they would be willing to go to his signings.

The Rock is one of the most watched wrestlers ever in the entire history of the WWE. He was the main focus of the highest rated segment in WWE history, the segment pulled in a 8.4. So, from a business standpoint, bringing back The Rock for one night only would be better than bringing in Bret Hart.

I don’t think you read what this debate was about so maybe I can help you understand what we are supposed to be debating about. The debate topic is who would make the better one last night appearance? Bret Hart or the Rock? I don’t believe that anywhere in that bolded sentence does it say anything about who would be better to bring from a business standpoint. Just because the Rock would draw a higher rating, it does NOT mean that he would have a better one last night appearance.
Numerous Possibilities

The Rock’s one night return could have a ton of possibilities in terms of matches whereas Bret Hart’s confrontation is really limited to only Shawn Michaels.

There is one problem though, The Rock has tried to distance himself from pro-wrestling as much as he possibly can meaning that he wants to do the least possible amount of work possible. Do you actually think that he is going to wrestle a match if wrestling is what he wants to distance himself from?

Also, Bret’s confrontation is not only limited to Shawn Michaels. There are many other wrestlers he can have confrontations with or segments with such as: John Cena, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, or some of the younger wrestlers like Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, and The Miz. Hell, he could even confront Vince McMahon. Simply put, it’s not only Shawn Michaels that he could confront; there are many other wrestlers he could confront about anything.

The Rock could go toe to toe with someone he’s never wrestled with, Shawn Michaels; in what could possibly be one of the greatest “wrestling matches” in a very long time.

Like I said, why would he get into a wrestling match if that’s exactly what he has tried to distance himself from?

He could go against a up and coming heel in order to put that wrestler over with the fans and cement that wrestler as a main event star like he did with Lesnar back in 2002. The Rock could come back and make the most popular choice and go at it with the man who has been calling him out for a long time now, John Cena. It’s been talked about on all of the forums, message boards, and wrestling websites; who would win between John Cena and The Rock? The list goes on and on with potential wrestlers he could face
He probably wouldn’t get in the ring and have a match with anyone because he doesn’t want to keep that stigma about being a pro-wrestler.

The difference between the Rock and Bret Hart wrestling is that the Rock can still do it if he wanted to but he just won’t. Bret Hart cannot, I repeat cannot, wrestle even if he wanted because of the concussion he got because of Goldberg and because he had a stroke a few years ago which I doubt he has recovered fully from. So, fans know Bret can’t give them a match no matter how much he might want to wrestle, but fans do know that the Rock can. Do you think they would be happy knowing that the Rock could have wrestled a match but didn’t because he doesn’t want to be associated with wrestling?
The Better Transition to the PG Era

The Rock would also be a better choice to make a return over Hart with the current viewers consisting more of the younger audience. Many of the younger people know of The Rock through some of his Disney movies like The Gameplan and Race to Witch Mountain and are more likely to react to him. Bret Hart has seldom been seen on television recently to my knowledge.

So what if the current viewers know who The Rock is? You think they (current viwers) are going to be the only ones watching if Bret Hart came back? No would be the answer to the latter question. Bret Hart returning would make the fans that watched him when he was wrestling and stopped watching wrestling return to see wrestling even if for one night only just to see Bret Hart. Bret would attract wrestling fans that watched during his time wrestling and stopped watching recently or a while ago even if it's just for the nostalgia.

Hart’s return would only garner a few pops from the hardcore wrestling fans that were old enough to remember how great Hart was in the ring. The only way the pops could get louder than that would be if he made his return in Canada. Whereas The Rock is an international superstar whose popularity continues to grow with every movie he does.

That’s a load of bullshit and you know it.

You don’t have to be a hardcore wrestling fan or have watched Bret during the time he was wrestling in order to know who the hell he was. Some people just know, kind of like how they know who Ric Flair was and who Hulk Hogan was. If what you said was true then every time Ric Flair was on TV he wouldn’t have gotten such loud reactions. Also, people wouldn’t have gone ballistic every time they saw Hulk Hogan make a return. Simply put, people know who the legends are and give them nice reactions/

People know who Bret Hart is even if they weren’t alive when he was wrestling in the WWF OR WCW. Hell, I only got to see one match of Bret Hart in the WWF when I was a little kid watching wrestling and now I know who he is even though I only saw one match of his at the time.

So because he has gotten a little older people won’t remember what he looks like? That’s a stupid reasoning. Just look at these two pictures:

Bret Hart when he was the WWF Champion:

bret_hart.jpg

Bret Hart at an autograph signing not too long ago:

RobVanDamBretHart.jpg

Yeah…he doesn’t look much different now does he? The only things I can tell are different is that his hair color might have changed a little and he’s gained some weight. Simply put, Bret Hart is still recognizable and it’s not like his face has been deformed to the point where no one can tell who he is. Also throw in the fact that he has been doing autograph signings that have brought in nice crowds so people definitely remember him if they would be willing to go to his signings.

If you want to compare pictures of people who haven't changed much, let's look at The Rock:

The Rock when he was wrestling:

the_rock.jpg

The Rock in March of this year:

0308_the_rock_big_arms.jpg

The only things that have changed about him are that his hair is a little less greasy, and he's got the tattoo on his shoulder. Other than that, he looks no different than what he used in his wrestling days. You could argue he looks better now than he did back in the day. You're not going to look at The Rock and say "Wow, he sure has changed from when I remember him wrestling" like you would with Bret Hart.

I don’t think you read what this debate was about so maybe I can help you understand what we are supposed to be debating about. The debate topic is who would make the better one last night appearance? Bret Hart or the Rock? I don’t believe that anywhere in that bolded sentence does it say anything about who would be better to bring from a business standpoint. Just because the Rock would draw a higher rating, it does NOT mean that he would have a better one last night appearance.

A higher rating means that more money is going into the pockets for the WWE, meaning that Vince wins. It means more people would watch and enjoy The Rock's final night with the WWE, so more fans would win because they'd walk away happy with seeing The Rock one last time.

There is one problem though, The Rock has tried to distance himself from pro-wrestling as much as he possibly can meaning that he wants to do the least possible amount of work possible. Do you actually think that he is going to wrestle a match if wrestling is what he wants to distance himself from?

Yes, I think he's actually going to wrestle a match if he were to come back. Plenty of people that try to distance themselves something always end up going back to the thing they distance themselves from. Musicians do it, athletes do it, and actors all do it at least one more time. I'm sure one match isn't going to kill The Rock.

Also, Bret’s confrontation is not only limited to Shawn Michaels. There are many other wrestlers he can have confrontations with or segments with such as: John Cena, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, or some of the younger wrestlers like Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, and The Miz. Hell, he could even confront Vince McMahon. Simply put, it’s not only Shawn Michaels that he could confront; there are many other wrestlers he could confront about anything.

He could confront with Michaels or McMahon about the Screwjob 12 years ago. Other than that, I don't see anything that would be an interesting confrontation/storyline that could be compressed into a one night only thing. To my knowledge, nobody on that list have said anything about Hart or vise versa. The Rock, on the other hand, has mentioned that he has always wanted to wrestle HBK or Mysterio, a couple that he's never wrestled before. You also have the man that has constantly called him out on a bunch of occasions in John Cena. So, you already have a storyline that has been built up and can easily end in one night.

He probably wouldn’t get in the ring and have a match with anyone because he doesn’t want to keep that stigma about being a pro-wrestler.

The difference between the Rock and Bret Hart wrestling is that the Rock can still do it if he wanted to but he just won’t. Bret Hart cannot, I repeat cannot, wrestle even if he wanted because of the concussion he got because of Goldberg and because he had a stroke a few years ago which I doubt he has recovered fully from. So, fans know Bret can’t give them a match no matter how much he might want to wrestle, but fans do know that the Rock can. Do you think they would be happy knowing that the Rock could have wrestled a match but didn’t because he doesn’t want to be associated with wrestling?

So Bret Hart's last night in the WWE will be a night where he just talks face to face to someone about an event that happened 12 years ago? If Hart is going to bring in the nostalgic fans, I believe that they would at least want to see a little more than a face to face confrontation. Whereas if The Rock was to come back for one night, he'd basically have to fight someone since he has no reason not to. And to answer your last question, yes the fans would be ecstatic to watch one of their favorites from back in the day do what he does best.

So what if the current viewers know who The Rock is? You think they (current viwers) are going to be the only ones watching if Bret Hart came back? No would be the answer to the latter question. Bret Hart returning would make the fans that watched him when he was wrestling and stopped watching wrestling return to see wrestling even if for one night only just to see Bret Hart. Bret would attract wrestling fans that watched during his time wrestling and stopped watching recently or a while ago even if it's just for the nostalgia.

The exact same thing can be said for the people who watched The Rock during the Attitude Era and have stopped watching now. The Rock was easily one of the faces during that time period and everybody that isn't watching now would watch for the pure nostalgia of hearing the catch phrases, seeing the eyebrow, and loving the wise cracks that he would throw to other superstars for one more night. In addition to the fans The Rock would bring back, those current viewers who are new to watching wrestling still know who The Rock is and will be able to connect with him more than if Bret Hart came back for one night.

That’s a load of bullshit and you know it.

You don’t have to be a hardcore wrestling fan or have watched Bret during the time he was wrestling in order to know who the hell he was. Some people just know, kind of like how they know who Ric Flair was and who Hulk Hogan was. If what you said was true then every time Ric Flair was on TV he wouldn’t have gotten such loud reactions. Also, people wouldn’t have gone ballistic every time they saw Hulk Hogan make a return. Simply put, people know who the legends are and give them nice reactions/

People know who Bret Hart is even if they weren’t alive when he was wrestling in the WWF OR WCW. Hell, I only got to see one match of Bret Hart in the WWF when I was a little kid watching wrestling and now I know who he is even though I only saw one match of his at the time.

The difference between those two and Bret Hart is they're on TV alot more than Bret. Ric Flair only just recently retired form the WWE at WrestleMania 24 and still made plenty of appearances on television afterwards. Hulk Hogan is always in mainstream media regardless of weather it's good publicity or bad publicity. I believe the last time Bret Hart was on national television, he was speaking about Chris Benoit on CNN a few years ago. I didn't start watching the WWE until The Rock was pretty much out of the business and I know who he is and how his mannerisms went despite not watching him.

If you want to compare pictures of people who haven't changed much, let's look at The Rock:

The Rock when he was wrestling:

the_rock.jpg

The Rock in March of this year:

0308_the_rock_big_arms.jpg
Did I ever say that the Rock has changed much? I didn’t think so. Let’s look at what you said earlier:

Whether on the silver screen on in the WWE, The Rock is a very recognized person to all around the world. Bret Hart’s look has greatly changed since we last saw him in a ring and some may not remember what he looks like.
I simply pointed out your blasphemous statement about Bret Hart greatly changing the way he looks even though he really hasn’t changed enough for people to not recognize him.
A higher rating means that more money is going into the pockets for the WWE, meaning that Vince wins. It means more people would watch
I agreed with you until you said this:
and enjoy The Rock's final night with the WWE, so more fans would win because they'd walk away happy with seeing The Rock one last time.
Just because more people would watch it does NOT mean that more people would enjoy seeing The Rock. Like I said in my other post, every time the Rock makes an appearance you know exactly what he is going to do, meaning his is way more predictable. On the other hand, you have Bret Hart who you wouldn’t know what he is going to do because he has only made 2 appearances for the WWE in the past 9 years. Bret Hart making an appearance would be more anticipated because no one would be sure what the hell is going to happen. Is he going to confront Shawn Michaels? Or is he going to confront Vince McMahon? Or will he do a promo about something else? Simply put, whatever Bret Hart would do is less predictable than what the Rock would do.
Yes, I think he's actually going to wrestle a match if he were to come back. Plenty of people that try to distance themselves something always end up going back to the thing they distance themselves from. Musicians do it, athletes do it, and actors all do it at least one more time. I'm sure one match isn't going to kill The Rock.
And I think he wouldn’t wrestle another match unless he was offered a hefty sum of money. Think about it, The Rock has had a successful career so far in Hollywood, why would he all of a sudden go back to wrestling, even if for one match, if he doesn’t need to do it?
He could confront with Michaels or McMahon about the Screwjob 12 years ago. Other than that, I don't see anything that would be an interesting confrontation/storyline that could be compressed into a one night only thing. To my knowledge, nobody on that list have said anything about Hart or vise versa.
Since when does someone need to have said something about Hart or vice versa in order for him to confront them about it? He could talk to the babyface AND heel rookies. He could also confront Chris Jericho about the feud with the wrestling legends/veterans. It’s not only limited to Shawn and Vince, there are other people he could have talks/confrontations with.
The Rock, on the other hand, has mentioned that he has always wanted to wrestle HBK or Mysterio, a couple that he's never wrestled before.
He says he has always wanted to face them, but does he really? I don’t believe for one second that he wants to wrestle them. If he did, then how come he hasn’t told Vince he wants a match against them? The Rock wants to distance himself from wrestling and anything that has to do with pro-wrestling; if he actually wanted to wrestle one more time then he would have done so by now.
You also have the man that has constantly called him out on a bunch of occasions in John Cena. So, you already have a storyline that has been built up and can easily end in one night.
Do you actually think that Vince would allow for something like that to end in ONE night? Are you crazy!?!?!? That’s the last thing Vince would do. The last thing.
So Bret Hart's last night in the WWE will be a night where he just talks face to face to someone about an event that happened 12 years ago? If Hart is going to bring in the nostalgic fans, I believe that they would at least want to see a little more than a face to face confrontation.

I think a face-to-face confrontation would be enough just because what they would say would be highly anticipated. The fact that they have never discussed the screw job to face-to face in over 12 years would immediately make fans watch just to see what happens. I don’t think they need to get physical, especially considering the fact that Hart probably shouldn’t, because a confrontation would be enough for fans.
Whereas if The Rock was to come back for one night, he'd basically have to fight someone since he has no reason not to.
And what exactly would be the reason for him to fight someone?
The difference between those two and Bret Hart is they're on TV alot more than Bret. Ric Flair only just recently retired form the WWE at WrestleMania 24 and still made plenty of appearances on television afterwards. Hulk Hogan is always in mainstream media regardless of weather it's good publicity or bad publicity. I believe the last time Bret Hart was on national television, he was speaking about Chris Benoit on CNN a few years ago. I didn't start watching the WWE until The Rock was pretty much out of the business and I know who he is and how his mannerisms went despite not watching him.
But people still know who Bret Hart is, which is what my point was.

Just because more people would watch it does NOT mean that more people would enjoy seeing The Rock. Like I said in my other post, every time the Rock makes an appearance you know exactly what he is going to do, meaning his is way more predictable. On the other hand, you have Bret Hart who you wouldn’t know what he is going to do because he has only made 2 appearances for the WWE in the past 9 years. Bret Hart making an appearance would be more anticipated because no one would be sure what the hell is going to happen. Is he going to confront Shawn Michaels? Or is he going to confront Vince McMahon? Or will he do a promo about something else? Simply put, whatever Bret Hart would do is less predictable than what the Rock would do.

Even if you know what The Rock was going to do, we would still enjoy The Rock returning to the WWE. A big difference between the two wrestlers is that The Rock interacts with the fans with his slogans, chatchphrases, and mannerisms more than Bret Hart did. It's why he's called "The People's Champion". The Rock can connect with his fans in a greater number of ways than Bret Hart could. So even if he was repetitive, the fans that would watch would hang on every word and finish all of his catch phrases.

And I think he wouldn’t wrestle another match unless he was offered a hefty sum of money. Think about it, The Rock has had a successful career so far in Hollywood, why would he all of a sudden go back to wrestling, even if for one match, if he doesn’t need to do it?

Because, like I've said before, once you make a name for yourself in a certain profession, you tend to go back to it every once in a while. Jordan did it in basketball, Justin Timberlake did it in music when he re-united with N*Sync, Ric Flair and more recently Trish Stratus did it in wrestling. Were they offered a lot of money? Probably but they all made one more run with what made them famous.

Since when does someone need to have said something about Hart or vice versa in order for him to confront them about it? He could talk to the babyface AND heel rookies. He could also confront Chris Jericho about the feud with the wrestling legends/veterans. It’s not only limited to Shawn and Vince, there are other people he could have talks/confrontations with.

If somebody were to say something about Hart, it would lead to a more compelling story, which would then result in even more intrest for Hart's return, and that would lead to a higher rating, resulting in more money in Vince's pocket, Hart leaves the WWE the right way, more fans would pay their respect to the legend.

He says he has always wanted to face them, but does he really? I don’t believe for one second that he wants to wrestle them. If he did, then how come he hasn’t told Vince he wants a match against them? The Rock wants to distance himself from wrestling and anything that has to do with pro-wrestling; if he actually wanted to wrestle one more time then he would have done so by now.

It might not be the right time for The Rock to wrestle one of those three superstars yet. Vince wouldn't let The Rock wrestle on a show like Monday Night Raw or SmackDown!. He'd wait for a big show say like a WrestleMania that wouldn't conflict with his movie career. The Rock will probably always put his movie career over his WWE career at the moment but, when the two careers don't interfere with each other I'm sure that he will be more than happy to make a final apperance with the WWE.

Do you actually think that Vince would allow for something like that to end in ONE night? Are you crazy!?!?!? That’s the last thing Vince would do. The last thing.

Do I think Vince would want to let something like that to end in one night? No. But, would he reluctantly do it to get better ratings and more money? In a heartbeat. It may be the last thing he'd want to do but it be something he would have to do.

I think a face-to-face confrontation would be enough just because what they would say would be highly anticipated. The fact that they have never discussed the screw job to face-to face in over 12 years would immediately make fans watch just to see what happens. I don’t think they need to get physical, especially considering the fact that Hart probably shouldn’t, because a confrontation would be enough for fans.

I don't believe that a confrontation with Shawn would be enough for the wrestling fans who want to see violent action. If Hart says a few hurtful words and then just walks out, I'm pretty sure that the fans would be terribly disapointed that not one punch was thrown. Fans want to see a fight, and that's something that The Rock could provide to everyone watching.

And what exactly would be the reason for him to fight someone?

Depends on the way Vince would want to push the storyline. The most obvious reason for him to fight would be for The Rock to shut John Cena up for talking all of the trash he's been talking. They could use this oppertunity to put over a young heel and give said wrestler some good creditability. Vince could also wait until a WrestleMania to headline one of the greatest matches that never was in The Rock vs HBK.

But people still know who Bret Hart is, which is what my point was.

And my point was that the current viewers, who are now much younger than the average fan back in the day, will not know who Bret Hart is because they have never seen him before. The Rock, on the other hand, has appeared on many movies and television shows where the WWE's current target audience can see and relate to him.

Clarity: F1990 had his posts beautifully laid out. For going the extra kilometer, he gets this.

Punctuality: ST was a little late, F1990 gets the point

Informative: You both backed up your two points well, but I really think ST was able to combat the points put up by F1990 well. He gets the points.

Emotion: the most heart I have ever seen out of you ST. Good job!

Persuasion: Tough choice, and perhaps we will see the result of this debate take place. Emotion and Information can really lead to the persuasion on this debate. ST, you did exactly that, with some great emotion. Good Job.

TM scores it ST 3, F1990 2.

Clarity: Franchize had a great layout to start, and kept it up throughout the debate.

Point: Franchize1990

Punctuality: See TM's post.

Informative: I think ST had a bit more of a battle, but he really supported himself and like TM said, was able to combat Franchize's points about the Rock.

Point: SavageTaker

Emotionality: ST keeps getting more and more passionate each and every debate. He didn't stop on this one either.

Persuasion: ST stepped it up this round even more. He brought up the point about the confrontation with HBK, which would probably top any kind of confrontation the Rock would have even with John Cena. This would be a 12 year confrontation in the making going down. People who stopped watching when Bret left would tune in, hell, Rock fans would tune in, because a moment like that would be huge, and everyone would know it.

CH David scores this SavageTaker 3, Franchize1990 2.

Clarity Of Debate: Franchize1990 is never not clear. Good job.

Punctuality: Read what TM said.

Informative: I'll split the point here. Both of you guys brought in a good deal of information.

Point: Split

Emotionality: SavageTaker, your rebuttals were all bark and no bite. If you want to call out a person's argument, you better make sure that what you're saying is "bullshit" as well.

Persuasion: After reading what Franchize1990 had to say about The Rock, I really want to see him back in WWE. I can't say the same thing about Bret Hart, and this is also because of what Franchize1990 said. Really, besides coming in to rehash an angle that he has let define his life for the past 12 years, what does Bret Hart have to offer? I say nothing.

tdigle's Score

SavageTaker: 0.5
Franchize1990: 4.5

Clarity Of Debate: Franchize worded his nicely

Punctuality: Franchize1990

Informative: SavageTaker gets the information point from me

Emotionality: I liked Franchize's approach in this one, so he gets the point