Week 5: Thriller -versus- Steamboat Ricky

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Which is the better Junior Heavyweight Promotion: Michinoku Pro or Dragon Gate?

Steamboat Ricky is the home debater, he gets to choose which side of the debate he is on first, but he has 24 hours.

Remember to read the rules. This thread is only for the debaters.

This round ends Friday 1:00 pm Pacific

Sorry it took so long, school kicked my ass this week. As for the topic:

Ricky, I'm glad you picked Michinoku, because I really think that Dragon Gate is the answer here. While I can't deny the skill and fame of The Great Sasuke, who founded Michinoku Pro, Dragon Gate has much more star power and crossover appeal.

Dragon Gate was founded by Último Dragón, with most of the competitors being trained in his gym, meaning they all wrestling the Japanese/Mexican hybrid style, called puro that Dragón and Jushin Liger are known for.

This promotion has such Japanese stars as CIMA, Dragon Kid, and Naruki Doi. In addition to those Japanese stars, they have had many crossover shows with the number one independent promotion in the country, Ring of Honor. They have been so successful here in the states, that they now have a Dragon Gate USA promotion, where some of the company's stars are touring the United States.

If you ask a wrestling fan to name a Japanese wrestling company, if they are able to, they will name one of two: New Japan Pro Wrestling or Dragon Gate. I'm sure Michinoku Pro is an excellent promotion, but Dragon Gate is the better company.

Thriller wins by default.

tdigle's Score
Thriller - 5
Steamboat Ricky - 0

PS - If there's some arrangement here that I'm not aware of, don't bitch, because I honestly don't know. I will readjust my score if there is an arrangement.

Ummmm, TM it's not my style to bitch, but your post says that Ricky gets all the points....
Sorry, I really hate doing this...

EDIT: Unless you have some reason I don't know about to give him the points. Forgot to say that.

Ummmm, TM it's not my style to bitch, but your post says that Ricky gets all the points....
Sorry, I really hate doing this...

EDIT: Unless you have some reason I don't know about to give him the points. Forgot to say that.

My post had that too. Thanks for pointing it out. I've corrected it, and apologies for the typo.

Yeah...sorry guys. I know NOTHING of Japanese wrestling...and I didn't have any time to do proper research. Thriller obviously knows his stuff about Dragon Gate...so I gladly concede to him.

I'm very sorry about my inability to get it done the last two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back