Next in the series...

Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags
are
'The Nasty Boys'
02.jpg

Years in Promotions
WCW: 1990, 1993-1997...
WWF: 1990-1993...

Looking at matches, feuds, impact created and accomplishments...The Nasty Boys in WCW or WWF??

Let's break it down!
---------------------------
Feuds
WCW
Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne, Harlem Heat, The Blue Bloods, Public Enemy...

WWF
The Hart Foundation, The Natural Disasters...
Championships & Accomplishments
WCW
3-time WCW World Tag Team Championship

WWF
1-time WWF Tag Team Championship
My Opinion
I would say WWF, while they were only their for less than 3 years, they managed to have decent feuds...At the time WWF had some good teams and only 1 set of tag team belts, with The Hart Foundation, The Natural Disasters, Road Warriors, Money Inc. etc. running around, I'm surprised they gave these guys the gold and it was a good run aswell, they won them from HF at the grandest stage of em all and lost them to RW's at the biggest party of the summer...
The WCW run was good aswell, but I prefer their WWF run..

What would you say??
Please keep thread on topic..thank-you!

Please take no offense, but you may want to add a "neither" section to these comparisons. I'm a high fan of your work, but in this case I can't vote on the Nasty Boys because I hated them in both the WWF and WCW. Pretty much all they did was brawl and stick someone's face in their armpits. There already WAS a tag team in WWF for antics like that. You may remember them as the Bushwhackers.

WCW, on the other hand were full of tag-teams that had great potential but (apart from a few) never really got a chance to shine, and the addition of the Nasties didn't help the tag-team reputation.

So here I would have to say neither, as the gimmick didn't change any and was offensive all-around.

Please take no offense, but you may want to add a "neither" section to these comparisons. I'm a high fan of your work, but in this case I can't vote on the Nasty Boys because I hated them in both the WWF and WCW. Pretty much all they did was brawl and stick someone's face in their armpits. There already WAS a tag team in WWF for antics like that. You may remember them as the Bushwhackers.

WCW, on the other hand were full of tag-teams that had great potential but (apart from a few) never really got a chance to shine, and the addition of the Nasties didn't help the tag-team reputation.

So here I would have to say neither, as the gimmick didn't change any and was offensive all-around.

I don't take any offense...to be honest, I was having mixed feelings myself about whether or not to add The Nasty Boys to the series of threads but in the end, I thought 'Why Not?', I want to hear about how you people feel about this team...I respect everything you say about them and it's the whole point, having a discussion, fair enough, you didn't like them at all, I don't like them either..but everyone has their own opinions...

Thank-you..

this is a tough call. it's between the WWF and "neither" for me.

like Ruthless, i respect the fact that during a time with one set of belts and great teams, the Nasty Boys beat the Hart Foundation at Mania and then lost the belts at Summerslam to the Legion of Doom. that's a pretty decent run and some pretty high profile teams to match up against.

then again, they were pretty offensive, and not in the politically correct kind of way. just offensive to human intelligence.

but, then again, this is Sports Entertainment, and i get that some gimmicks are not supposed to be intelligent or realistic and are just there for entertainment value. so with all of that said, i'll give the final nod to their run in the WWF and forego the "neither" vote that they might probably deserve more.

PS. mad props for not adding a "TNA" option. that was a pretty terrible run.

I'm going to say neither. The Nasty Boys, in my opinion, are one of the most overrated major tag teams to come along in the past 25 years. For all intents and purposes, they've always been little more than a couple of overweight, out of shape guys with bad hair cuts that were average in the ring on their best day. Their promos consisted of little more than screaming into the microphone and fitting the word nasty into said promos as many times as they could.

The Nasty Boys did stand out from the crowd, but that's not necessarily a good thing in this case as they stood out mostly because of how awful they were and still are.

Is it a really sad state of affairs with the Nasty's that the time they generated the most interested was during their TNA run. It might've been bad interest, but no-one ever cared about them that much in the past, which really sums up why they were the complete shit nothings that struck it lucky. Yeah, I vote neither too, although I put them up their with Stevie Ray in the "how the fuck are they multiple time tag team champion" stakes.

They were easily overrated, but, sticking with this for the good of the thread...

I will say WWF because of the impact they made... They came right in against probably the best tag team in the world at the time, with their former manager... The Hart Foundation were The WWF Tag Team Champions... The Nasty Boys, though it wasn't clean, shocked the world and took the titles from The HF at Wrestlemania!

Pretty big, they won more titles in WCW, but there wasn't ANY kind of an impact there compared to having their WM Moment...

They were easily overrated, but, sticking with this for the good of the thread...

I will say WWF because of the impact they made... They came right in against probably the best tag team in the world at the time, with their former manager... The Hart Foundation were The WWF Tag Team Champions... The Nasty Boys, though it wasn't clean, shocked the world and took the titles from The HF at Wrestlemania!

Pretty big, they won more titles in WCW, but there wasn't ANY kind of an impact there compared to having their WM Moment...

I voted WWF for this very reason. They were allowed to win the tag team belts at a time when the division was arguably at it's best. Considering their competition, they did pretty well for themselves.

WCW, they were just sorta there. I remember watching WCW when I was a kid and even then I could never really understand the appeal of two fat stinky bastards.

So yeah, WWF. Although really my favourite part of their career is when they nearly got killed by Ken Shamrock.

By winning the Tag Team Titles at Wrestlemania, I have voted for the WWF/E.

In all seriousness though, The Nasty Boys sucked, always have and always will, bad in the ring and bad on the mic.

Knobs is more entertaining on Hogan Knows Best than he ever was as a wrestler. Its a sad state of affairs when guys this untalented have made careers of being pro wrestlers

I'm going to go against the majority here and say they did their best stuff in WCW. I'd say that in WWF, they had mediocre matches and feuds, but in WCW they were involved in some super brawls.

During their first run, they had a nice little feud with the Steiners, taking in a superb match at Halloween Havoc 1990. During the second run, their matches with Cactus Jack and Max Payne/Kevin Sullivan were top class and, although a poor imitation of what ECW did at the time, their all around the arena brawls with Harlem Heat and Public Enemy were pretty cool, especially to a kid who had heard about this sort of thing in ECW but had never been able to see it themselves at he time (ie me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back