• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WCW vs WWE: Goldberg

GOLDBERG!! GOLDBERG!! GOLDBERG!! in...

• WCW

• WWE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
What a monster...good performer? or stiff performer? did he deserve 'THE STREAK'?
Well we aint going to discuss that here...what we are going to discuss whether you prefer Goldberg in WCW or WWE?? based on matches, feuds, championships and accomplishments etc..

He was in WCW from 1997-2001
and in WWE from 2003-2004..

He are a few notes...

Feuds in WCW: Steve McMichael, Raven, Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan, The Outsiders, Lex Luger, Tank Abbot, Kevin Nash, Sid, Bret Hart, Vince Russo, Scott Steiner...

Feuds in WWE: The Rock, Chris Jericho, Triple H, Evolution, Brock Lesnar...

Championships and Accomplishments
WCW
2-time WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
1-time WCW World Heavyweight Championship
1-time WCW World Tag Team Championship w/ Bret Hart

WWE
1-time World Heavyweight Championship

Based on Feuds, championships, matches and imapct created, what would you say: Goldberg in WCW or WWE??

This for me is kinda tough...i think he was much better in WCW, his feuds were good as wel, his fights could have been better...he had more of a better world title run in WCW as well...however, that being said...I enjoyed his feuds in WWE a lot more..especially with Triple H and Jericho...What I don't like about his run in WWE was his World title run...it should have lasted longer, so should have his tenure at the "E"...

All taken in to consideration...I have to pick WCW...

What would you pick??

Please keep thread on topic, do not debate about him being overrated, his long streak etc.. thank-you..

WCW without a shadow of a doubt, Goldberg went undefeated in 173 matches during his time with WCW, he ripped through everything, the true definition of ripping through a roster in terms of getting a push.

Goldberg accomplished much more in WCW, he defeated the bigger names, and in WWE he was made to look strong, but ultimately he was made to job out to Evolution and Triple H, in order to make Triple H look stronger.

WCW is the better place for Goldberg.

I have to go with WCW. Because to me his run in WWE is forgettable, i really dnt remember all that much of it. I do remember him in WCW during his undefeated streak, him losing the title to i think Nash after Hall used a taser on him. So for me his run in WCW was far better than WWE

Easily his run in WCW, like CarlSinclair said, I forgot he fueded with Jericho. It seemed that his fueds in WCW had more to it, the best fued he had in the WWE IMO was a toss up between The Rock and Brock.

This has to be one of the easiest questions ever asked on any forum. WCW without even blinking. The Streak, the way he ran thru literally everyone, his presence, everything about his time in WCW surpassed his time in WWE. Hell, his time in WCW was so good that it made his time in WWE look weak, and his only losses in WWE were 2 unclean jobs to Triple H at the top of his game.

and in WWE he was made to look strong, but ultimately he was made to job out to Evolution and Triple H, in order to make Triple H look stronger.

Goldberg didn't job out to anyone in the WWE. He dominated the elimination chamber at Summerslam that Triple H only won by using a sledge hammer provided by Flair. At the next RAW ppv Goldberg defeated Triple H for the title and the following month at Survivor Series he retained the title against Triple H. Even when Goldberg lost the title he didn't get pinned. Triple H pinned Kane in a triple threat match to win it. Albeit short, Goldberg had a great run in the WWE.

With all that said his time in WCW was better. The long winning streak, beating Hogan clean for the title on Nitro, and basically being the only home grown guy to break through into the main event during that time. He had a tremendous run and helped keep WCW afloat longer then they probably should have been.

This question is about as intelligent as asking whether or not Hulk Hogan revolutionized wrestling better in the mid-1980s or better since joining TNA. I don't remember anything about Goldberg's run in WWE besides his last match with Brock Lesnar. Goldberg had a better run in WCW because WCW was full of superstars willing to make Goldberg look good. The fact of the matter is WWE drops the ball on everything and superstars there get buried by the politics of Triple H. That's the real reason Stone Cold doesn't come back, that's a major reason why The Rock doesn't go back, it's a reason why Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair and Mr. Kennedy are all in TNA. A place where they can get away from the petty politics and McMahon's preference to push loyal robot slaves like John Cena who'll lay down for Triple H without question, just thankful that they still have a career not being married to a McMahon.

Goldberg in WCW. WCW put everything into him to make him their biggest name, WWE didnt need to do that.

He had a good WWE run, but the guy is a fairly limited performer and unless they wanted to do a rehash of the WCW thing, to be fair to WWE they did what they could. WCW Goldberg was built completely, he had everyone watching and wating for him to become their biggest star, which he did. Its probably hard for WWE with him because he was already a huge star, he couldn't really do anything more than he had and he couldnt be a bigger star than he already was, the only place for him was down basically.

Goldberg didn't job out to anyone in the WWE. He dominated the elimination chamber at Summerslam that Triple H only won by using a sledge hammer provided by Flair. At the next RAW ppv Goldberg defeated Triple H for the title and the following month at Survivor Series he retained the title against Triple H. Even when Goldberg lost the title he didn't get pinned. Triple H pinned Kane in a triple threat match to win it. Albeit short, Goldberg had a great run in the WWE.

My apologies Big Sexy, simply got the impression that no matter how you turn it his WCW days were days where he weren't loosing properly, he was getting put forth as someone who was being dominated by Evolution, Triple H went over everybody in some manner during Evolution, and Batista was build as a strong returner when he took out Goldberg for those 100k.

But either way his time with WCW was far superior.

This question is about as intelligent as asking whether or not Hulk Hogan revolutionized wrestling better in the mid-1980s or better since joining TNA. I don't remember anything about Goldberg's run in WWE besides his last match with Brock Lesnar.

Well if you don't remember anything about his WWE run then surely answering this question is about as intelligent as asking if a bear takes a big hearty dump in the woods?

Goldberg had a better run in WCW because WCW was full of superstars willing to make Goldberg look good.

No, WCW had a larger roster of lower to mid-carders that were willing to make Goldberg look good. When he got in the main event area he had people like Nash and his ilk doing their best to sabotage him. They didn't succeed till Russo got his hands on Goldberg, but they tried.

The fact of the matter is WWE drops the ball on everything and superstars there get buried by the politics of Triple H. That's the real reason Stone Cold doesn't come back, that's a major reason why The Rock doesn't go back, it's a reason why Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair and Mr. Kennedy are all in TNA.

Wow, wrong wrong wrong on every level. Austin comes back when he wants to but he CAN'T WRESTLE and wants to try and crack movies instead. Rock can make more money in one movie and save his body rather then wrestling, that's why he's not there.
Foley left because his contract was up and he hated Vince shouting at him because, somehow, he's never developed a thick skin.
Angle's only in TNA because WWE released him and don't want him back. If they did he'd jump there in a second.
Flair is in TNA because WWE were never gonna let him wrestle again and he needs the money badly.
Kennedy's in TNA because he was sacked for being a clumsy injury prone pr nightmare.
RVD and Hardy I'll agree their happy in TNA and good luck to them

A place where they can get away from the petty politics and McMahon's preference to push loyal robot slaves like John Cena who'll lay down for Triple H without question, just thankful that they still have a career not being married to a McMahon.

Right, back to the topic. It was his WCW run all the way because he came from nowhere and just blitzed his way to the top. He was perfect for the era of wrestling. He wasn't a complete bust in WWE but from his WCW run the expectations were so sky high that he couldn't have lived up to them even if he'd beaten The Rock and Triple H back to back in 5 minutes and never lost a match in the company. Also don't think it helped he never liked the WWE as a company and it was quite clear his heart had left wrestling by the time he got there

Without question it's WCW.

Its where it all began for him, and he had his impressive streak there. People never had it in question in WCW that he would walk out, destroy his opponent and pick up the win. His utterly dominated the org for like 2 years.

In WWE he was just another big name, not even that much of a stand out competitor. The WCW Goldberg never would have suffered the losses he did in the E.

Hands Down.

WCW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back