WCW Round 2, Match 3: AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels vs. the Colossal Connection

Styles and Daniels vs. the Colossal Connection

• Team TNA

• Colossal Connection

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
All of these matches take place in a WCW Style ring with WCW Rules.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels are from 2006 TNA.

The Colossal Connection are the team of Haku and Andre the Giant from 1989-1990.

Yet another no brainer. AJ and Daniels have absolutely nothing that will make Andre blink. Yes they're high flyers, but Andre is jsut too damn big. The only prayer they have is to get him tied up and beat on Haku, which is easier said that done. Andre and Haku were a very decent tag team in a time when that meant something. They took size to another level, and they dominate here.

I seem to remember the Collasal Connection as being unremarkable. Of course, they've got Andre the Giant. He's a big old school icon and as tall as fuck, so I'd be amazed if CC didn't take it. Whatever advantage the ring would have to yield it would surely yield to Staniels - Haku and Andre were never frequent users of springboard moves, to be totally honest.

This is one of those cases where I think one of those typical "like yah, the big guys would be worn down by the little ones, yah" arguments would be adequate.

But I'll still do my usual by refraining from voting for about two days.

What is an out of shape, past his prime, Andre the Giant going to be able to do to somebody like A.J. Styles? He'd just run rings round him.

What is an out of shape, past his prime, Andre the Giant going to be able to do to somebody like A.J. Styles? He'd just run rings round him.

Wow jake you post about as much as anyone on this site and I thought you were pretty smart, but that idea just went down the crapper. You honestly think any promoter would make andre the giant job to these two high school varisty wrestler looking guys. I don't care were they wrestled, in what ring or in andre was in a wheel chair. No way CC loses this to those boyscouts. I believe they'd win in a handicap match. This poll just took all the credibility of this tournament for me, sorry. First NAO over LOD and now this. WTF? TNA smarks suck.

Yes, because the pinnacle of the New Age Outlaws success was their remarkably unremarkable, uneventful run in TNA under a different name every week and not when they were the most popular tag team in the world, multiple time world tag team champions and one half of D-Generation-X.

This isn't about booking. This is about the talent of wrestlers and how realistic their chances would be in kayfabe using said skills. The people have decided that the high risk, high speed, lots o' teamwork style of Staniels has trumped the big, clumsy style of CC.

If you don't like the results that much, debate before the polls close.

Even so, I still have a hard time imagining Styles and Daniels having any chance in this matchup, and this match is one of the reasons why I've decided not to play a role as bystander/tiebreaker. I grew up when the CC where around, and saw them manhandle demoltion for the gold. Demolition was a far better tag team then Styles or Daniels have ever been, and they were destroyed. I don't care how great Styles is, he doesn't match up in any ring against Andre at any time. Raw talent, yes, but talent and athleticism only take you so far, nothing Styles has could effect the big man. The weak link of the team was Haku, a former King of the Ring, so not a glaring weakness. Styles may have been better then Haku, but Haku was certainly much better then Daniels.

Debating something which has been resolved here... but just because of their background TNA teams are thought to be inferior. A lot of the time it's not even because they're in TNA - AMW are proof of this - it's because they're recent. In the last tag tournament, non-active wrestlers had an advantage, like active wrestlers tend to in the singles tournament. I won't put this entirely down to nostalgia.

I will say, however, I think that CC's rep must be based of nostalgia. I haven't been so disappointed with YouTube videos since a certain Kenta Kobashi was hyped up to me. Utterly boring. I honestly didn't see how they could keep up with Staniels, cliched as that expression may be. I also fail to see how AJ's talent is "raw". You can't just do what he does Shocky - that takes practice and experience. Being big doesn't. I've been informed that Andre had too much experience by this time in his career anyway.

This tourney will be a lot more fun now I have you to clash with Shocky.

I know that we are supposed to debate the match up while it is going but, whats wrong with a little post match discussion or argument. Clearly the outcome won't change but there is no harm done in discussing the outcomes no matter how ridiculous they may be . By the way AJ and Daniels would never beat Haku and Andre.

It's kind of like complaining about your representative in parliament (or senate, whatever) when you didn't bother to fight for them or vote for them. If you disagree with that comparison then think of it like this: you should just save your energy for the matches that are still yet to be decided. It's simply more productive.

Looks like I opened a big can of worms on this one. that's cool. I just wanted to say 9 out 10 times CC take this match and easily. But not bitching just saying.

Looks like I opened a big can of worms on this one. that's cool. I just wanted to say 9 out 10 times CC take this match and easily. But not bitching just saying.

I think a lotof people are inclined to agree with you here. And I love the fact that, even after the poll is closed, this match up is still getting this much action. Fact is, it shows the disparity in opinions between the young TNA teams and the venerable WWF teams. I can't wait to see more of these match-ups happen down the line in this tourney.

jrcongine and joker, thank you both for your passion and points of view!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back