WCW Region, Seattle Subregion, First Round: (1) Steve Austin vs. (32)Dick the Bruiser

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Steve Austin

• Dick the Bruiser

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Seattle Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington.

300px-KeyArena_%282890740573%29.jpg

SHOP.jpg

#1. Steve Austin

Vs.

Dick%20The%20Bruiser.jpg

#32. Dick the Bruiser

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I don't know much about Dick The Bruiser but he's going up against the man who, almost single-handedly, rejuvenated the wrestling business when it needed the most. He is going up against one of the biggest cult icons in the history of wrestling. He is a much a legend of this business as you are ever likely to get and there is no way that loses here. Austin always finds a way and he'll do the same here.

Dick the Bruiser good fucking god how the fuck did this man get over! And mind you, he was wildly over even before he teamed up with Crusher. They came out to this Polka theme song and then proceeded to beat the snot out of the resident top heel in bloody battles. Great Territorial star.

Steve Austin by a light year. If I have to say why? Log out and never return.

Dick the Bruiser main man in his own promotion, beat a load of jobbers and was a tag team wrestler elsewhere. Steve Austin, main man on the planet in wrestling. No contest.

Stone Cold set the template going forward for what people wanted from a face. Whether it stemmed from incidental timing or the storylines that he was a part of, the point is that he is a benchmark for success in wrestling now whereas Dick The Bruiser; take him or leave him.

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Ring Toss

Logic: Stone Cold is a redneck. Rednecks love the state fair. Where else do you practice the ring toss game? Dick the Bruiser is out of his league. Also, I feel like he is only in this tournament because his name is Dick the Bruiser.

Winner: Stone Cold

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Ring Toss

Logic: Stone Cold is a redneck. Rednecks love the state fair. Where else do you practice the ring toss game? Dick the Bruiser is out of his league. Also, I feel like he is only in this tournament because his name is Dick the Bruiser.

Winner: Stone Cold

There's a Pat Patterson joke up there that JR once famously made.

Another important tit bit, the Road Warriors were the first tag team to comprehensively beat Bruiser and Crusher; nearly 10 years after the formation of the tag team. I may have the years jumbled up though.

Tough draw for the Bruiser. In many ways he was like an early form of Austin. He was super over on an absurd level and just came out and beat the crap out of everyone. Yes, he was mainly a territorial star but he was known throughout the Midwest. Food for thought just so everybody understands: if you were a top territorial star and you had your own promotion where you booked yourself as champion all the time, your promotion lasted for longer than 20 years, and your "world" title was seen as one of the more major belts in the nation over dozens of territories at the time... that meant you were revered and respected by other promoters and wrestlers, and were massively popular with fans too. That was Dick the Bruiser.

Having said that Austin reached a level of popularly that eclipsed Bruisers to the point where it cannot be denied. Even if his longevity as a major star wasn't anywhere near the same. In addition Austin left a legacy that saw WWE become the most powerful promotion in the country.

Gotta vote Austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back