WCW Region, Phoenix Subregion, First Round: (2) Undertaker vs. (31) Gory Guerrero

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Undertaker

• Gory Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Los Angeles Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona.

070217-198..jpg

undertaker_1992.jpg

#2. Undertaker

Vs.

gory.jpg

#31. Gory Guerrero

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I'm not really seeing much of a chance here for the Guerrero Family patriarch. He was a big deal in Mexico back in the day and enjoyed success wrestling in the NWA's Los Angeles territory, he was also the innovator of the Camel Clutch if I remember correctly. That wasn't the original name of the move, can't quite remember what it was, but I'm sure it was something in Spanish.

I just don't see Gory having much in his arsenal that'd be of any sort of real threat to Taker, certainly nothing to put him down and keep him down.

Ah Gory Guerrero, and the great legacy of the Guerrero name. Legacy and history is impressive, however not as impressive as The Phenom of the WWE. I can't think of one reason why I would vote for Gory here. His is truly a legendary name, especially in Mexico, but against the Undertaker who is a perfect combination of size, speed, and strength, I don't think he stands a chance. I'd expect to see a squash match, and a good opportunity for the Dead man to get loosened up for the next round. I vote for the Demon of Death Valley.

I don't want to disrespect Gory but would any of us know who he was if he wasn't Eddie's father? When I hear people talk about Gory Guerrero they talk about his children more than his accomplishments in wrestling. I don't want to take anything away from him but I don't think he matches up to the career The Undertaker has built.

I'm going to try to be fair here but Gory isn't anywhere near the level that the Undertaker is. And while Taker isn't the draw a lot of people thing he was, he's still an all time Legend, I don't have Gory on that level. It's nothing personal but.

Winner- Undertaker with a tombstone

I can't see how Gory could come close to winning this match. It seems to me that he is more famous for his children than his career. Not saying he wasn't a great in Mexico, but he is not going to be able to take down the Undertaker who is a true legend. Taker moves to the second round.

Gory is well regarded and seen as being innovative, but at the end of the day, even in this regard he is inferior to the Undertaker. Undertaker came out of a Hulk Hogan family friendly world of wrestling and started saying he was going to kill his opponents. He is the bridge that made the transition from the Hogan days to the Attitude era make sense. Then he became the American Bad Ass and went rubbish. Whatever, he's winning here.

Gory has certainly left an impact on the business, but it's nothing compared to the legacy that The Undertaker has built over the last 2+ decades. Undertaker has beaten pretty much every top wrestler the WWE has to offer over the past 20 years, has multiple world title reigns, the famous WM streak and will go down as one of the all time greats. He is not going to lose in the 1st round to Guerrero here

Gory is right. I don't know how much would be left of the man after this match.

Every year Taker's stock increases. He would've gone over a man like this 10 years ago. Now it's more of a gentle prance over. A light skipping. That's what I want you to take away from this. The image of the Undertaker skipping. Around the ring after he's tomb-stoned poor Guerrero snr. here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back