Who Wins This Matchup?

• Kevin Nash

• Raven

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Phoenix Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona.

070217-198..jpg

Kevin-Nash.png

#10. Kevin Nash

Vs.

ravenecwchampion.jpg

#23. Raven

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Lousy draw for Raven in the first round, he's just not going any further. If this was being contested in ECW or had some sort of no holds barred/no DQ stipulation, Raven would have a fighting chance. I just don't see him going over Nash in a traditional, one fall bout.

Between his time in WWF and WCW, Nash was a 6 time World Champion, an 11 time World Tag Team Champion, was one of the biggest stars of the 90s and was a key player in the nWo. Again, if this was ECW and had no rules, I could see Raven not only holding his own, but maybe even coming out with a win. But it isn't, so he won't.

Just playing Devils Advocate here, and bringing up an interesting question. I saw someone bring up the point in another match up that it was taking place in the WWE Region and used that to defend there pick. So that got me thinking, If this match took place in WCW sense it is in the WCW region, wouldn't that make this match a Ravens Rules match? If i remember correctly while Raven was in WCW all his matches were conducted under Ravens Rules (No DQ). If i'm wrong or thinking to hard someone please tell me. This is my first go around posting in this tournament so feel free to correct me.

Anyways that said, If i'm right and this would be Ravens rules. Raven would have a chance. He specializes in No DQ, and with the Ravens Rules stip the flock could interfere. When you add all that together.....I still pick Nash! Ravens best days were in ECW and he was never used right and wasn't able to fit in or have the same impact anywhere else. Kevin Nash is a big man with a hell of a JackNife. World Champ in both WCW, and WWE. Part of the NWO, and The Cliq. If i'm correct he had the longest WWE title run of the 90's. Anyways I'd expect Raven to fall victim to the Jacknife powerbomb and if my thought about it being Ravens Rules is also correct, then he would take that Jacknife through a table. 1-2-3 Big Sexy wins.

Kevin Nash, a 5 time WCW Champion vs. Raven in the WCW region.

Nash wins in a 5 minute Squash match on WCW Thunder even with The Flock's interference and Raven's Rules.

This match really happened :

[YOUTUBE]T-EC6mGYJB8[/YOUTUBE]

(Even though Nash was disqualified for using 'Jackknife Powerbomb' in this match because it was kayfabe 'banned' but that shouldn't matter here as there is no such stipulation in this tournament)

Kevin Nash wins this easily.

Just playing Devils Advocate here, and bringing up an interesting question. I saw someone bring up the point in another match up that it was taking place in the WWE Region and used that to defend there pick. So that got me thinking, If this match took place in WCW sense it is in the WCW region, wouldn't that make this match a Ravens Rules match? If i remember correctly while Raven was in WCW all his matches were conducted under Ravens Rules (No DQ). If i'm wrong or thinking to hard someone please tell me. This is my first go around posting in this tournament so feel free to correct me.

Anyways that said, If i'm right and this would be Ravens rules. Raven would have a chance. He specializes in No DQ, and with the Ravens Rules stip the flock could interfere. When you add all that together.....I still pick Nash! Ravens best days were in ECW and he was never used right and wasn't able to fit in or have the same impact anywhere else. Kevin Nash is a big man with a hell of a JackNife. World Champ in both WCW, and WWE. Part of the NWO, and The Cliq. If i'm correct he had the longest WWE title run of the 90's. Anyways I'd expect Raven to fall victim to the Jacknife powerbomb and if my thought about it being Ravens Rules is also correct, then he would take that Jacknife through a table. 1-2-3 Big Sexy wins.

This match would be under standard rules. It is not a no DQ. That means Raven has even less chance against Nash. This is going to be a typical first round squash. Raven was never anything outside ECW and doesn't stand a chance against the bigger stars in the business.

Since all of Ravens matches in WCW were under Raven's Rules (even ones that were supposed to be under standard rules) does that mean this match would be under Ravens Rules? It was in his "contract" after all.

Doesn't really matter, Raven has no chance in this one. Nash was a top guy in WCW and WWE for a long time, had a year title reign and was one of the more dominant guys of his era. Raven started hot in WCW but he never went past the US title so its hard to take him seriously against a proven top star in Nash. Sure he was a top star in ECW but that company was nowhere near WWE and WCW (like ever) so I can't accept that argument. Nash wins, most likely in a squash.

Guys, seriously guys, seriously... Guys.

Everyone's forgetting the biggest possible thing about this match:

Kevin Nash's contract is guaranteed in WCW

And since we all know that, guess what? Kevin Nash don't care. He don't care one bit. And he certainly doesn't care enough in WCW to wrestle more than once. Hell, just getting him to wrestle once is fine enough. Let Danny DeVito work twice if he wants, he ain't Big Sexy's spot.

Nash's got his money, and that's the beauty of the Kevin Nash character/man. Dude just wants his money. So he does the job to Raven, collects his money, and goes home to rest his knees. Too bad this match wasn't in WWE.

Raven was an "unsigned free agent", but eventually accepted a contract with WCW Commissioner James J. Dillon which stipulated that he could wrestle only when he wanted and under his own rules.

See, you say this match is fought under WWE Rules, BUT, it's in the WCW Region & this is the stipulation for Raven fighting in WCW.

So, maybe, just maybe, this match isn't so "standard". Maybe this match means Raven can take Nash to a whole new level of violence, bringing the barbed wire, chairs, tables & the like to the ring. Who knows?

I'd like to get a definitive answer on this from kb though, because I'm the third person to mention it & we've still not got any clarification.

I'll wait this out, then vote.

This could be a Raven's rules match at Raven's house and Nash would still win. I'm not even a fan of Nash's but Nash was the bigger star, had the bigger impact, and was just all around better than Raven.

Winner- Kevin nash with a Jackknife powerbomb

Yeah I don't care what kind of match this is, Nash would win either way. I am a Raven fan, but outside of ECW he never really rose above the midcard. Kevin Nash is a muti time WCW champion in the WCW region. Nash wins in a squash.

Raven in his prime was super fucking demented. Like, crazy crazy. Like he was the kind to go at Tommy Dreamer's wife bareback. Kevin Nash might have a lot of sway in WCW, but Raven can move around the ring very well and knowing Raven being a full blown sociopath, he will go for Nash's quad, tearing them both in the matter of minutes with his own teeth.

pic-by-pearl-thats-so-raven-11621007-1024-768.jpg

Raven has a lot of fans on the internet, and he did play a compelling character. However, the fact of the matter is, is that despite never meeting anybody that is a Kevin Nash fan ever, he was massively more popular and successful throughout his career. Nash is the sort of person that juggernauts his way through the early rounds before meeting somebody with similar career credentials who wipes the floor with him. This year will be no different. Nash wins.

Yeah, Nash wins this every day of the week. Raven has many, many fans on the internet, and he was a talented guy. But Nash has World Titles that actually matter, including the longest WWF title reign of the 90's. He beat HBK, he beat Bret Hart, he beat Hogan, he ended Goldberg's streak. To paraphrase Eddie Guerrero, who did Raven ever beat?

Raven doesn't stand a chance here.

Nash is a huge star in the history of the wrestling business, holding the WWF Title for close to a year, winning 6 world titles total. Raven did some violent stuff in ECW and had a decent feud with DDP in 98 in WCW.

And Nash carried the book for quite a bit in WCW, meaning that in situations where merit didn't give him the win...the pencil definitely could. Nash wins.

As much as I prefer Raven as a talent, he never could seem to make his potential materialize in a big way and he tried several times. Just didn't click when he was on the bigger stage.

Nash is a beneficiary of being a member of the clique, an unprofessional shit who's bank balance meant more than the state of the company he worked for and someone who's defection happened to be part of the biggest story to ever come out of WCW. The rest of his career was built on the name he'd made from working with friends. But it's still so much more than what Raven achieved that I have to go against my desire and put the bigger guy over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back