WCW Region, Lexington Subregion, Second Round:(7)Ultimate Warrior vs. (10)Rob Van Dam

Who wins this match?

• Ultimate Warrior

• Rob Van Dam

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. Assume one week has passed since the first round match.

rupp-arena-feb-101.jpg

ultimatewarrior0142.jpg

#7. Ultimate Warrior

Vs.

rob-van-dam-21438274.jpg

#10. Rob Van Dam

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Definitely Warrior. Look, Van Dam was a lot more popular in the early 2000s than he usually gets credit for, but that has absolutely nothing on the level of adulation reserved for the Warrior. Van Dam might do cooler moves, but the fact is Warrior was never beaten clean, and hardly beaten at all. When he was beaten, it was after monumental levels of bullshit, something that Van Dam, who was a good face and an abysmal heel just doesn't have in his arsenal. Warrior destroyed Randy Savage, a charismatic wrestler with an aerial arsenal, kicking out after 5 top rope finishes, there is no doubt in my mind that he would beat RVD.

I LOVE this matchup because the fanboy and internet hero, Rob Van Dam, is going to get absolutely destroyed.

Say what you want about the Ultimate Warrior but if we're looking at primes in this tournament, he had one of the strongest primes along with guys like Brock Lesnar and Batista. Rob Van Dam had a dominant stint in ECW but besides the fact that he's a good, agile high-flyer who likes to abuse his body with weapons, he would have gotten CRUSHED by the Warrior during Warrior's prime. Remember, RVD is going against a guy who went over Hulk Hogan CLEAN during Hogan's prime, who bodyslammed and squashed Andre the Giant, and who retired Randy Savage during his prime.

No question here... all the internet love in the world couldn't save RVD here. The only things his thumbs will be pointing to are the broken bones he'll receive at the hands of the Ultimate Warrior.

Warrior wins this here. I like both guys and both were extremly popular, but Warrior rarely ever lost. It's not much else to say about it as will be the case with a lot of Warriors matches, very few people can beat him in his prime. RVD will hit about 5 Van Daminators on Warriors dumb ass though.

I want to vote for RVD just because I personally liked him more and to mix things up but I can't. Warrior almost never lost and it's going to take someone with more star power to take him out that RVD.

The Warrior goes over RVD. RVD can hit the Warrior with everything but the kitchen sink, but he won't be able to stop the ultimate nutjob. UW was virtually impossible to beat during his best years, and he holds clean wins over Hogan, Savage, and even an ancient Andre. VanDam just doesn't pack the gears to hang here. A couple of clotheslines followed up by a gorilla press and a big splash end matters, and Warrior moves on. Again.

Ultimate Warrior beat Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VII when Hulkamania was running wild and drawing money out the wazoo. That tells you about how good Warrior was during his peak as a wrestler. Sure it was a short run, but during that run, he ended Honky Tonk Man's long reigning Intercontinental title run and went over one of the biggest names in the business.

Rob Van Dam is a cult favorite at best who's never been proven to be a good draw or to have accomplished a great deal in the ring, except for some innovative, flippity-flop moves.

Pick Warrior...

Well this is quite a contrast in styles. Even though RVD was very quick he liked to take his time during his matches. He loved to showboat for the crowd and pace around the ring before really getting into the match. He wouldn't have that chance with Warrior. I just don't see RVD's flips and twirls working against Warrior. Pretty easy decision here.

RVD in ECW was one of my favorites, but I just can't see him stopping the Warrior. I think Warrior lost twice in his time in WWF both with interference. He beat Hogan clean. He would come right at RVD. There wasn't much that could keep Warrior down and he wins this one pretty easily.

This is really easy voting in kayfabe. Absolutely nothing RVD has ever achieved can top Warrior in the early 90s. He's squash him every day of the week after noselling all the offence - there is nothing that could change my mind about that. RVD didn't even win the heavyweight title in ECW so holds just a short WWE reign for his main event resume. Always booked as a lovable upper midcarder, definitely not enough against one of the five hardest to beat in the tournament.

Warrior should beat Savage in the next, too. Only a ladder match could save imo, Warrior is established in nodq/cage matches too. Triple H in the region semi-final is a lot harder and probably where the Warrior streak ends, but we'll see about that. I can easily see Warrior making the KotR finals as long as people vote with heads not hearts.

As much as I prefer Rob Van Dam (on RVD in his prime, he sucks now) he wouldnt have gone over on Warrior. The Ultimate Warrior crushed everyone in his path, rarely lost and defeated Hulk Hogan at WM. He was an absolute megastar.

RVD has achieved a hell of a lot in his career, and if WWE had gone with him back in 2001 when he was incredibly over he may have been able to make it to the level of a permanent main eventer, but they waited to long to pull the trigger on him, and he never achieved everything he could have.

He wouldn't have a chance of taking out Warrior in this one, it would be a pretty easy stroll for the crazy as fuck Warrior

In ECW maybe RVD would have a chance as I could see the Warrior getting a Cena like response but in any other region the Warrior would simply be too much... Rob needed Edge to go over SuperCena in his own backyard, without interference and in a neutral venue, he'd have no chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back