WCW Region, Houston Region, Second Round: (3) Bret Hart vs. (14) Ultimo Dragon

Who Wins This Match?

• Bret Hart

• Ultimo Dragon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Houston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Toyota Center, Houston, Texas

021_toyota_center.jpg

images

#3. Bret Hart

Vs.

03702fb48b22cc76.jpg

#14. Ultimo Dragon

This match takes place 1 week after round 1.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I like Ultimo Dragon, I really do, but there is no way he is getting past Bret Hart in the second round. It just isn't going to happen. Bret would tie him in knots, lock the sharpshooter and have him begging for a reprieve.

Hart to Advance.

I'm going with the Hitman. Ultimo Dragon was a great competitor but for the most part he only went up against crusierweights. Not that Hart is a giant by any stretch of the imagination but he does have a size and strength advantage along with technical ability that can match anybody. It would be a great match but Hart advances after a sharpshooter.

I'm surprised that Ultimo made it past Dr. Death, but it is what it is. Either way I'd probably be going with Bret this round.

Hart was known for his methodical approach to the way he worked his matches. He didn't have a single move that was wasted; his entire moveset was designed to wear the opponent down for the Sharpshooter... that one last big move that put the opponent away 9 times out of 10.

Ultimo was could be sloppy at times, and he was known for taking unnecessary risks. Bret wasn't one of those guys; in fact he was the opposite. He would play Ultimo like Michiru Kaioh plays the violin... and right into the Sharpshooter.

Bret Hart by a landslide. He'd probably catch Ultimo when he tried a dropkick and put him in the Sharpshooter within 15 seconds.

this would be a good match, after a solid 15 minutes of back and forth, fast paced, techical action, the hitman catches the dragon in the 'shooter and ultimo taps out

Bret Hart can work a great match with wrestlers of all sizes, from giants like Yokozuna to small flyers like 1-2-3 Kid.

Ultimo Dragon is a fine competitor, one of the top Cruiserweights of all time, and would put up a good fight against Hart, but there is no way Bret will lose this in the end.

He would make Dragon look like a million bucks, but has too much strengh and technical ability for Ultimo, and would eventually finish him off with a Sharpshooter to advance.

Winner: Ultimo Dragon

I love Ultimo Dragon, he is one of my favorites. Despite the fact that he had his biggest US success in WCW, Bret beats him here 9/10 times.

Dragon had a lot of success against cruiserweights, and while Bret isn't the biggest guy, he isn't the type of guy Dragon had success against. If this match was in Japan or Mexico I would rate Dragon's chances a little higher but at the end of the day Bret was too good and accomplished too much to not take this.

Ultimo Dragon is great, and I'm sure that if this were a feud rather than a one off, he'd get at least one victory. As it stands, he doesn't win the one that matters. Hart is ultimately more successful than him in a heavyweight division, and as that on a global scale is the weight that matters, Hart wins.

Dragon was a helluva competitor, but he was never a top guy. Even here, in the WCW region, Dragon's biggest accomplishments were the WCW Cruiserweight championship, and the NWA LightWeight Champion. He simply never made close to the impact that Bret Hart did, even in WCW, when Hart's career was winding down.

I think this would be a fun contest. Dragon's high-flying style would mix well with Hart's technical, no wasted moves style. While Dragon never faced Bret, he did have some wars with his brother, including several victories over Owen. Perhaps this would give him the ever so slight familiarity advantage. But that's it.

Dragon may technically be more decorated then Bret, being the only man to hold ten championships simultaneously. But as I previously stated, most of that came against lightweights and cruiserweights. Hart was never heavyweight, but he was no cruiserweight either. Further, he never made mistakes in the ring. Dragon's style led to mistakes, and would he not make a mistake himself, Hart would force him into one. He was that good at picking an opponent apart, and forcing him into his pace.

Hart slows this match down, neutralizing the speed advantage of Dragon. I'm not the biggest Hart fan, but he'ld certainly find a way to get the Sharpshooter on Dragon. When the Sharpshooter went on, save for one or two times, it wasn't broken.

I don't see what would make anyone think Dragon would be that special someone to break it. Hart wins this by submission in while not a squash, a nice tune-up for round 3.

Ultimo Dragon is my favourite cruiserweight wrestler of all time. He was simply fantastic. But he deserves better.

Bret catches Ultimo coming in off the top rope and quickly maneuvers him into the Sharpshooter. 18 minutes.

The only shot Dragon would have is his speed but he's facing a master technician. Bret will take out his legs and irts just a matter of time to he applies the Sharpshhoter for the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back