Who Wins This Matchup?

• Lou Thesz

• James Storm

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Chicago Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.

united-center-feature1.jpg

Lou_Thesz_by_Tim_Hornbaker-500x600.jpg

#6. Lou Thesz

Vs.

James-Storm.jpg

#27. James Storm

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Possibly the greatest and most important wrestler of all time vs somebody who is alright from TNA. There's really no contest here. Thesz is better in just about every context imaginable and would win comfortably.

Possibly the greatest and most important wrestler of all time vs somebody wrestled in the 1930s? Nah I'm joking, Storm is great, and one of the best hands in TNA (and one they've missed the boat with on numerous occasions) but Thesz is one of the most influential guys in wrestling history. What he innovated is the bread and butter of any wrestler worth his salt these days.

I'd like to have seen Storm go further, but he shouldn't in this case.

Probably the easiest match so far (have I said that yet?) Thesz is obviously one of the most honored wrestlers in history. James Storm, he's ok I guess. Ok I guess doesn't beat one of the all time best.

This is one of the easier ones I have came across so far. One of the greatest wresters even vs a good wrestler in TNA. I am a a big James Storm fan, but he doesn't compare in anyway to Lou Thesz. Thesz cruises to the second round here.

Thesz has a wrestling move named after him that was used by one of the greatest wrestlers of all time (Austin).

James Storm is known for bringing a random bottle of something to the ring and drinking it. It sure isn't beer.

Thesz wins this after simultaneously separating Storm's shoulders, causing the Cowboy to poop himself in the ring, ending his career.

Vote Thesz.

I love how people piss and moan about more TNA guys getting in these tournaments. Well here you go. This is what happens when they do.

Storm gets fed to Lou f'n Thesz in round one. Last call here , James. Mr. Thesz just destroys The Cowboy & its a cakewalk into the second round.

Lou Thesz is one of the icons and pioneers of professional wrestling, while James Storm is a guy who has had a good (but not great) career in the US's secondary promotion, there isnt really a contest here. This is a nice easy with for Thesz

Come on guys?!

Storm beat Kurt Freakin' Angle, an Olympic gold medalist and like 204-time world champ on like 9 continents, in only a minute and twenty seconds to win the world championship!

He has a superkick finisher. He can hit it suddenly, right? From anywhere, right? Why couldn't he hit it on Thesz like he did Angle?

You guys think that could happen, right? Maybe?

Me neither.

Vote Thesz.

Lou Thesz wins because all James Storm does is put other people over. No matter how good or bad they are. Sadly.

Yeah, Storm won a World title. But that was all to put over Roode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back