Who Wins This Matchup?

• Randy Orton

• Owen Hart

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Chicago Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.

united-center-feature1.jpg

RaNdY-OrToN-randy-orton-20598996-277-385.png

#11. Randy Orton

Vs.

OwenHart_620.jpg

#22. Owen Hart

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Nice match for the first round here. Owen is a great first round opponent. He is a respectable opponent that can put on a great match without posing any real threat to the better competitor. Randy Orton reached heights that Owen Hart never could and has plenty of victories over guys on Owen's level or better. Orton to round two.

It's the overrated derby. Owen Hart had a stunning feud against his brother, then spent the rest of his career being a solid and dependable hand in the ring. Orton's "psychology" is well respected for some reason, but there's no denying the face that he has a lot of accolades. The way I see this is that Orton only got to the top when there was a paucity of other options back in 2004, and then again in 2007, and by default he's just kind of stayed there. Hart had that opportunity in 1995, when the product was nonsense, but he didn't take it, and as a result, this one goes to Randall.

Yeah, this is an easy one. Legend killer wonders whats for lunch. More titles, more lime light. I like Owen just fine, but he's not done enough to topple the viper in this one. Some guys have all the luck, and Orton is one of them.

Randy Orton wins by kicking a dead guy in the head. Real easy choice here. Owen was never much, but he was entertaining. I just cant vote him over someone like Randy Orton. Randy has too many title runs that were far better than what Owen has done.

I don't like Randy Orton the competitor, and I dislike Randy Orton the human being even less. One thing I can't do is take away from his accomplishments, and even in the 'Inflated Era', he's a 12 time World Champion, and one of few men who can boast that he's beaten John Cena clean more then once. If he can beat Cena clean, he's not going to have much of a struggle here with Owen.

Owen's crowning achievement was beating his brother Bret in the opening match of Wrestlemania, but he never really capitalized on that momentum. He was content being in the background, wanting to provide for his family over becoming a top guy. Call it lazy, call it commendable, but it doesn't get him past Orton here. This would make for an entertaining open round match, but Orton catches Owen with an RKO for the win.

Orton has done what Owen could never do and then some. This would be a great tune up match for Orton in the first round. Owen would give him everything he has, but it would end with the RKO for the three count. Great match and Orton moves on.

I despise Randy Orton. I can't stand him. Outside of a pretty sexy dropkick, fuck him. He did do this though.

[YOUTUBE]TkrhRcgNMCA[/YOUTUBE]

One of the few times in my adult life that I can say I marked. It was amazing. Now imagine the impact of that RKO during a 78 foot fall. Orton wins and I'm going to hell.

I'm surprised Owen doesn't have any votes, as he's perhaps the most overrated wrestler with the IWC. Owen was a good wrestler, and he had some nice technical ability. Regardless, he was never able to escape the shadow of his brother The Hitman.

Orton has been part of some great moments, and he's had many championship runs. He was the youngest WWE champion when winning the title at Summerslam 2004. Orton has remained near the top of the card for many years, which is something Owen can't add to his resume.

Orton hits an RKO out of nowhere for the win. If Owen is lucky, the Apex Predator doesn't follow-up with a punt kick after the bell.

I despise Randy Orton. I can't stand him. Outside of a pretty sexy dropkick, fuck him. He did do this though.

[YOUTUBE]TkrhRcgNMCA[/YOUTUBE]

One of the few times in my adult life that I can say I marked. It was amazing. Now imagine the impact of that RKO during a 78 foot fall. Orton wins and I'm going to hell.

I was there live for that RKO. I thought it was a botch and Bourne had died in the ring. Then I seen the replay... and it turns out Bourne was just good at selling the effects of what happened.

And this isn't taking away from Owen Hart. Great hand in the ring, very personable, defeated Bret Hart clean, which didn't happen very often. But as much as Orton is reviled on this forum, it should be no doubt Orton takes this one.

Wow I actually expected to see more Orton bashing on this thread. Owen was good in the ring, however wasn't a main event level guy. Outside of almost paralyzing Austin, he was usually pretty dependable in the ring to put on a decent match. In all honesty though, and I may get hate for this, Orton is a better Wrestler the Owen Hart. Thats right I said it, an Orton is better than a Hart. Baw Gawd! Say what you want about his character being boring, when it comes to In ring talent, he's actually one of the best in the WWE today. He plants a RKO and a punt kick to the skull for good measure. 1-2-3 The Legend Killer adds another to his list and moves on to round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back