Who Wins This Matchup?

• Kurt Angle

• Rick Rude

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Boston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the TD Garden Arena in Boston, Massachusetts.

td-garden-10.jpeg

IMG_9536.jpg

#4. Kurt Angle

Vs.

vlcsnap-2011-12-19-09h50m20s185.png

#20. Rick Rude

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Assume that all wrestlers are at full strength after their first round matches.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Angle wins this.

I'm surprised people haven't posted in here yet, though.

Not to discount Rude, who has wins over Sting the Ultimate Warrior in their heyday, but Angle is a different kind of wrestler. He's relentless. Rude doesn't do well with relentless wrestlers. He had Heenan's help to beat Warrior, and then Warrior popped right up and beat on the Weasel afterward, so it isn't like Rude KO'd him or anything.

With no interference, Rude has a tough time with Angle, and it'd be a solid, albeit quick match.

Team Angle.

I love me some Rick Rude but I think Angle outshines him in every way. Rude has some big wins over some big stars but there usually as a result of some underhanded tactics. I don't really have a problem with heels getting dirty wins but Angle was a heel that often got clean wins over big star baby faces. That wasn't very common. It was reasonable to think Angle could beat absolutely anybody on any given night so I'm afraid it's going to take someone better than Rude to eliminate him from this tournament.

I am a huge Angle fan, and I grew up on Rude so this would be an awesome match to see. Rude has some big wins, and I loved his win against Warrior at Mania, but Kurt Angle has accomplished everything in wrestling. Angle beat everyone of his time, and he would beat Rude with the Angle Slam to move on in the tournament.

I love Rude, I really do. He's one of the most underrated wrestlers to ever set foot in the ring, in my humblest of opinions.

But he never even came close to heights that Angle has reached. Angle has won World Titles everywhere he's went, has beaten the top starts wherever he's went, and been a pretty decent draw.

Vote for Angle.

I think Rick Rude is probably one of my favourite 80s wrestlers, and I think he was very good at his job. I think if there's anyone that made The Ultimate Warrior, it's Rude. However, he wasn't ever able to reach the highest echelons of the sport, in a way that Angle was. Angle is not the huge name that he's sometimes treated as here, but he was bigger and better than Rude and must win.

Rude was a great heel, but he never quite made it to the top. Angle has been at the top of every wrestling-related endeavor he's been in. Rude will make it interesting, but Angle wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back