WCW Houston: Round 2, Match 2: #15 Jerry Lawler vs. #18 Taz

Lawler vs. Taz

• The King

• Tazzmaniac

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region, where the ring and entrance ramp are equal height, from Houston, TX.

#15. Jerry "The King" Lawler
jerrylawler.jpg

vs.

#18. The Human Suplex Machine Taz
tazbig.jpg

this match has happened before and Taz dominated Lawler. That's exactly what would happen here. Taz's suplexes are way too much for Lawler to contend with. I don't care how many titles he's won in Memphis, Lawler isn't good int he ring. Taz is at least decent and the Tazmissing makes Lawler tap here.

Lawler is a legend...in Memphis. Taz is a legend...in ECW. Taz punked out the King on more than one occasion in the WWE and a little bit in the original ECW.

I can't NOT pick Taz to win this. Lawler from his Memphis days was one of my favorite wrestlers, but Taz is a human Suplex machine and would make rather quick work of Taz in a WCW environment where technical wrestling and the ramp will come into play.

Taz moves on thanks to a Taz plex to Lawler on the ramp.

jerry lawler has defeated top guys in the wrestling bidness such as bret hart, macho man randy savage and jake roberts....taz's biggest win was making kurt angle tap out with an illegal chokehold...jerry lawler would win this. taz had nothing more than chokeholds and suplexes. i can see lawler cheating, but managing to pull the win against the short bugger.

Lawler will try to use some of his heel tactics to try to pick up the victory, but Taz will suplex him and suplex him into a pin or lock on the Tazmission for the submission.

I'm one of Jerry Lawler's biggest fans, but he's facing someone who I, when I really think about it, would pick over anyone in this tournament in a kayfabe match.

Taz in his prime was the epitome of bad fucking ass and at the time, I honestly didn't think he was beatable and to this day, I don't think I've ever seen a wrestler who seemed more legit then Taz did. Anything that man said in ECW, I bought it. I thought he could kill any man in WCW, the WWF, and ever the UFC for that matter. I bought into it. And looking back at it... I understand why. He was the best booked "monster" in the history of the business and there's no one who I would ever believe could beat Taz in his prime. Vader, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, even Sting... in my mind, Taz would slaughter all of them. And Jerry Lawler, while awesome and a tough motherfucker in his own right, is still no exception.

Interesting match, I'm not going to bring up their last match because who knows what would have happened if that pesky Joey Styles hadn't have got involved. I still think Tazz would win though, Tazz is a bad ass and as good as Lawler was in Memphis, and he was really good, Tazz would be too tough for Lawler to break down and defeat.

Lawler in his prime would demolish Taz. It's not much of an exaggeration when it's said that Jerry Lawler beat everybody. Taz's biggest accomplishment, that I saw, was his defeat of Kurt Angle. Both men in their prime were legitimately tough and both, since their time in WWE, have been portrayed as a couple of clowns and goof offs.

I doubt Lawler will get the votes to win this, but I can't ignore the man's entire career. He has wins over truly legitimate legends in the industry. Taz never really proved anything to me ultimately.

Lawler beat everybocy in Memphis, but he didn't really ever do much in bigger promotions. Taz dominated a similar sized promotion to the ones Lawler worked in and then went on to be fairly successful in WWE. The way I see it is this: Lawler would be the guy that everyone went to see, but he would get cocky early on after a few cheap shots and then Taz would wear him down through suplexes and make him pass out with the Tazmission.

I'm a fan of Lawler's, but Taz is just too much here. Lawler would try to use punches and elbows to get an advantage, and it would walk right into a Tazzmission. If he doesn't tap, or get choked out, he gets Tazzplexed through the entrance ramp.

Don't believe me? Ask Bam Bam what happens when you don't tap to a Tazzmission.

Taz was a madman in ECW. Lawler is great and one of my favorites, but I can see him getting past Taz here. Taz will suplex his way through Lawler and then lock in the Tazmission and move him to round 3.

Jerry's been a heavyweight champion over 30 times and holds victories over some of the greatest wrestlers in the business, Jake Roberts, Bret Hart, Curt Hennig, and others. Taz is amazing, but I gotta go with Jerry in this one.

I honestly see this match being a squash. Lawler was never that great, he was an excellent show man, in his home territory might I add, but that's it. the guy knew how to perform, but when it came to in ring ability and takign his work seriously, the character of the King hardly ever became that. Taz on the other hand was built to be a monster. Taz took absolutely zero shit from no one. the guy was under sized, yet people legitimately bought into him as a bad ass. Taz was able to toss Bam Bam around the ring, and he gives up a ton of size to that man. I see Taz choking Lawler out, and quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back