WCW Chamber of Horrors/Master of the Maze

oogieboogie

Occasional Pre-Show
I was just watching the Chambers of Horrors match from WCW Halloween Havoc 1991 on youtube. As a kid, I remember seeing this advertised on wrestling magazines here in the UK back in the day. I was intrigued by it back then and thought the idea of it was cool. But years later when I saw the match thought it was a let down. lol I know that the line up for the match was changed with a few wrestlers being replaced. If I remember correctly I think that Oz (Kevin Nash) was replaced, not sure why. Then you had Barry Wyndham getting attacked in the build up to the PPV, which was kinda funny having his arm slammed in the door of his car and then Dustin Rhodes driving him to the hospital. Can someone confirm everyone who was replaced and why?

Here is a link to match for those who have not seen it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN3Ips1NB3A

The idea of this match kinda fits the whole Halloween theme, but was not pulled off the way it could and should have been. But after watching this match again I was reading some comment about how the original match for this Halloween Havoc was to be called 'Master of the Maze' in which two guys will wrestle in a transparent Plexi-Glass maze. This sounds very weird. Does anyone know why this match did not happen? Who was meant to be in this match? I guess constructing this maze would have been costly and maybe there would not have been room for it. But I am now intrigued and would like to know more about it if anyone has any info. Do you think this could have been better then the Chamber of Horrors match?

The Chamber of Horrors match wasn't that bad actually. A little on the Hokey side, but still a solid attraction for Halloween Havoc that year. While I remember the advertisement for the Plexiglass cage match. I believe it was cancelled because of two reasons. One being that it got way too hot without air being able to escape the proposed structure easily, making it dangerous for the Wrestlers themselves. The other being that they didn't think there was a quick way to construct the cage properly for the the ring itself. I believe there was also talk about it not being safe for the fans at ringside if the plexiglass were to break. Not sure though. This is what I remember hearing back in the day, but again, it's been a VERY long time.

Thanks for responding T2KFreeker.

I think had i seen the Chamber of Horrors match back in 1991 when i was completely intrigued by it i would have enjoyed it a lot more. But cos there is so much going on and the camera work isn't all that great.

So can i ask, the advert which you remember seeing was it on tv or in a magazine? Did it have a picture of the Plexiglass structure?

This is something which i guess will remain a mystery and only a few people will remember. I would never have known if i hadn't read the comments on youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back