Ways to spice up the WZ Tournament.

Milkyway!

Hodor!
I was just discussing with Lee about the WrestleZone tournament.

I have been watching, and participating in the WrestleZone tournament for 3 years now, and every year it's the exact same guys who make it into the final rounds.

I think it's time we find a way to "spice" things up, as with each passing year this is getting more and more redundant.

Actually I do have an idea.

Make it an invitational.

Put a password on the board, and then the staff selects names to invite into the tournament. You get a PM, you're invited.

Because THAT will ensure that the system is fair and representitive of the entire board's opinions.

The whole point of the tourney is to bring new people to the forum.

Should go with smash bros rules.

Here we go, All Mid Carders...that way the "Who brings in more money" argument is thrown out the window. :shrug:

at least it's less predictable than the tag tournament. After all, The Bulldogs have been in the final every year haven't they?

You can't vote unless you make a bracket predicting the outcome, the person with the worst bracket gets sacrificed to Gozer

every time someone breaks down someone's argument sentence by sentence with multi-quotes, drink once

every time someone uses the phrase "mic skills" drink twice

every time you find yourself even the slightest bit upset about someone's opinion on which wrestler is arbitrarily better, go outside and find some clitoris

How about we keep doing the same thing over and over again because it keeps seeming to working and we actually want this to be interesting instead of about who is the 19th best wrestler of all time?

The WZ tournament gets enough people coming back to post every year, if people don't want the same guys in the finals every year, just debate harder to get someone else over. It's fine how it is.

how about eliminating the gimmick matches. All they do is give chances to people who aren't good enough to beat other guys cleanly (ie Edge/Hogan, where the majority of the Edge posts said that Hogan would win any other match type). Not to mention how gimmick matches are unfair to the guys who competed in era's before the match types (like Thesz with any gimmick match, or Hogan with the TLC/Ladder Matches, etc).

If you can't beat the guy in a singles match (or a Steel Cage, which has been around forever), you don't deserve to advance. Simple as that.

how about eliminating the gimmick matches. All they do is give chances to people who aren't good enough to beat other guys cleanly (ie Edge/Hogan, where the majority of the Edge posts said that Hogan would win any other match type). Not to mention how gimmick matches are unfair to the guys who competed in era's before the match types (like Thesz with any gimmick match, or Hogan with the TLC/Ladder Matches, etc).

If you can't beat the guy in a singles match (or a Steel Cage, which has been around forever), you don't deserve to advance. Simple as that.

I don't think this would make the tournament more interesting. It would secure the same Top 4, each year, and that's about it.

Last time I wanted to /facepalm this badly was when Deexter asked Vash about his wife.

And again, having an opinion when said opinion is asked of me apparently has people angry at me.....

Jesus. I forgot that opinions are illegal here, if they differ from that of others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back