• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Watching Uncensored 2000

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Crowbar got thrown off the scaffolding and through part of the stage. The announcers are talking about how his career is over and how distraught they are. Madden suggested that maybe they should stop the show. I really hope I'm wrong and this is probably a stretch, but that sounds a lot like a commentary/criticism of Vince for not stopping the PPV when Owen fell. If that's what it is, screw this company. Hard.

I think they were going for the Mick Foley Cell spot more than that. It was rather impressive looking though.

Crowbar got thrown off the scaffolding and through part of the stage. The announcers are talking about how his career is over and how distraught they are. Madden suggested that maybe they should stop the show. I really hope I'm wrong and this is probably a stretch, but that sounds a lot like a commentary/criticism of Vince for not stopping the PPV when Owen fell. If that's what it is, screw this company. Hard.

That's exactly what it was KB. You never knew that? I remember watching them replay it a thousand times on Nitro and later renting the PPV on VHS. They basically tried to mimic the commentary during the Owen Hart accident in order to make it seem more "real". The bump was pretty fucking crazy though, that's probably one of the biggest bumps WCW ever did. Kanyon did a huge bump like that around this time too IIRC, maybe off of the triple cage.

That's exactly what it was KB. You never knew that? I remember watching them replay it a thousand times on Nitro and later renting the PPV on VHS. They basically tried to mimic the commentary during the Owen Hart accident in order to make it seem more "real". The bump was pretty fucking crazy though, that's probably one of the biggest bumps WCW ever did. Kanyon did a huge bump like that around this time too IIRC, maybe off of the triple cage.

I haven't seen this show before. That Kanyon bump was the next month, in the same arena Owen's accident happened in.

Berlyn was kind of a cool gimmick for like 2 weeks before he wrestled his first PPV match in the gimmick against Jim fucking Duggan, who no-sold literally EVERYTHING that Berlyn did to him and basically buried the gimmick and his career that night even though he wound up winning. Jim Duggan...on PPV...in 1999. Let that shit sink in.

Not to mention this show sucks. I'm about 50 minutes into it and the match of the night so far has either been The Artist vs. Psicosis in a pretty weak and pointless cruiserweight title match or Brian Knobbs vs. 3 Count. And people wonder why this company went out of business.

He was originally paired with a guy named Berlyn. I kid you not.

berlyn2.jpg

Berlyn was kind of a cool gimmick for like 2 weeks before he wrestled his first PPV match in the gimmick against Jim fucking Duggan, who no-sold literally EVERYTHING that Berlyn did to him and basically buried the gimmick and his career that night even though he wound up winning. Jim Duggan...on PPV...in 1999. Let that shit sink in.

Also Wright had the same problem with Paul Roma back in 93-94. The guy just has bad luck.

I hadn't thought about that little piece of commentary in a long, long time. Scumbags, all of them. Wonder what Madden has to say about it now. Guaranteed he takes no responsibility for it.

Because one day I mentioned that I was planning to review every PPV ever and someone (Justin maybe) said there was no way I could do it. I hate being told I can't do something, so I spent the next probably three and a half years by the time I'm done of my life proving I could to prove a guy I'll likely never meet who likely doesn't remember this on an internet wrestling forum wrong.

Because one day I mentioned that I was planning to review every PPV ever and someone (Justin maybe) said there was no way I could do it. I hate being told I can't do something, so I spent the next probably three and a half years by the time I'm done of my life proving I could to prove a guy I'll likely never meet who likely doesn't remember this on an internet wrestling forum wrong.

South%2BPark%2B-%2BWorld%2Bof%2BWarcraft%2B01.jpg

I plan on doing the same thing KB, except over a much longer period of time. I'm not a review machine like you, you pump out like 2 or 3 a day it seems while I probably do one or two a week max these days. One day though! One day I will have a review of every WWE, WCW, ECW, Tokyo Dome and PWG show ever. It may take years, but damnit, I'll do it. And then maybe I'll think of trying to do all the ROH shows. In like a decade, lol.

Not to mention this show sucks. I'm about 50 minutes into it and the match of the night so far has either been The Artist vs. Psicosis in a pretty weak and pointless cruiserweight title match or Brian Knobbs vs. 3 Count. And people wonder why this company went out of business.

Sometimes I wonder why you continuously put yourself through watching those later WCW pay per views. Put to your credit you do, and always post an interesting review. Just reading them brings back nightmares of the company for me, though.

You'll only know true wrestling torture when you sit through episodes of modern WWC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back