• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Watching The BSC Countdown Show

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
And the stuff they're saying is more complicated than anything I ever had to learn in college. They've gone from talking about quality wins to records to margins of something or other and have talked about how somehow Stanford could jump over TCU if Auburn loses to get a rematch with Oregon who beat them by 20 earlier this year. How did we manage to get this so complex and confusing? It's football, not the second coming of the Manhattan Project.

That would be just silly. If either Oregon or Auburn lose, TCU should fill in a spot. If they both lose, TCU jumps up and either Oregon keeps it's spot of Wisconsin takes it. That's how it should be anyway.

They're talking about how the computers rank things. Apparently the number of 5 star recruits or athletes you have is taken into account.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

If I understood it right they were talking about watching Texas play and how they were 5-6 at the time as was Idaho but the number of big time five star players Texas had either helped them or hurt them. You know how I can tell which team is better? Watch them play. I can't believe this is this complicated.

Not to mention the Big East champion, either Pitt, Uconn or WVU, will go in over Boise because they made an agreement before the season started. So in other words, one team was screwed out of a major spot because of an agreement made with a conference before a single down was played. Nice job NCAA.

What irks me is that Michigan State is co Big Ten champs, has beaten more Bowl Eligible teams (7) then both Ohio State (6) and Wisconsin (4), and has beaten Wisconsin H2H, yet MSU is going to probably go to the Capital One Bowl instead of a BCS bowl, simply because they weren't ranked high in the preseason and lost last.

Total bullshit.

Not to mention the Big East champion, either Pitt, Uconn or WVU, will go in over Boise because they made an agreement before the season started. So in other words, one team was screwed out of a major spot because of an agreement made with a conference before a single down was played. Nice job NCAA.

As a WVU fan and Big East supporter I can 100 percent say that Big East doesn't deserve an AQ-spot. There are such conferences like C-USA, MAC, and WAC who performed better this year but since we have the agreement we get an automatic spot. Such bull. I hate the whole AQ thing in general. I created a wonderful thread on this in The Cage if you haven't seen it, with two secnarios: A fantasy one that could never happen but is fun to think about, and one for the current system in place that happens with a few tweaks and twists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back