Watched Inception tonight.

Macca

The Sunflower Samurai
Great movie for sure.

One of the few movies I've watched all of the main ensemble give standout performances. The script was well written, and the basis for it wasn't abused. My sister and I both agreed that the movie would have definately came down a notch or two if horned monsters and creepy ghoulies had made their way onscreen and Nolan resisted the temptation.

The one main thing that struck me after watching it was the amount of people I know who came out of the theatre not sure about what had happened. I got it all on the first go and all I did was pay attention. The only thing left to question was the ending, which was masterfully done.

I think the Sixth Sense made less sense than Inception.

I heard a lot of good things about this movie. I've only had the chance to see the trailer, because of the Danish cinema, well European in general I would guess, are late as hell. We usually get the movie like 2-3 months after it has aired in America.

Looks pretty good though, I've always been somewhat of a fan of Leonardo Dicaprio. Not sure I get the whole deal about it though, while the trailer looks exciting, it sure as hell also makes it look confusing. So I guess I really have to watch it to understand it.

And the Sixth Sense took me about half the movie to understand the concept, so I can agree it's probably making less sense.

My wife and I watched it last Saturday. I thought it was an incredibly suspenseful epic. The whole concept of how time is compounded based on the body's reaction to a deeper sleep and the sedative is mind blowing. We went in expecting a typical Nolan film, but we left in awe of how well the entire cast played their respective parts. I would consider this another home run for DiCaprio. Shutter Island was a captivating tale, and Inception is just another reason DiCaprio is among the best actors of all time. One of the criterion I use to judge a movie is its ability to hold my attention, and Inception did just that.

Definately check it out Ferbs, they go all out with the special effects and have a great script to go with it. Think the depth of The Matrix with the cinematography of The Dark Knight.

I've never been a Dicaprio fan till this, he would definately be worthy of an Oscar nomination for it. Him and Gordon-Levitt wear some quality suits too.

I almost marked out twice when I saw Ken Watanabe and Handsome Bob from Rocknrolla show up. Like I said before, great ensemble they managed to get.

My wife and I watched it last Saturday. I thought it was an incredibly suspenseful epic. The whole concept of how time is compounded based on the body's reaction to a deeper sleep and the sedative is mind blowing. We went in expecting a typical Nolan film, but we left in awe of how well the entire cast played their respective parts. I would consider this another home run for DiCaprio. Shutter Island was a captivating tale, and Inception is just another reason DiCaprio is among the best actors of all time. One of the criterion I use to judge a movie is its ability to hold my attention, and Inception did just that.

I now feel the urge to watch Shutter Island after Inception. I steered clear of it when it came, mainly due to the fact that there was something about Leo that just sorta rubbed me the wrong way.

That completely disappeared when watching this. At no point during it did I find Dicaprio's character irritating or vain. Definately one of his better roles.

I only ever got into the point of watching The Dark Knight for about 20 minutes during a school break. I believe I had one single interest point throughout the whole period, and that was when I had a chuckle at Heath Ledger smacking the knife into the table, and afterwards the security guard into the knife.

But then again, I've never been a big superhero fan. So it might have done some damage to me, it was well done from what I saw, but I found it boring as well. Dicaprio is definitely helps on my impression about the movie. Hurley above said it so well "Inception is just another reason to why Dicaprio is among the best actors of all time". And it's true, when looking at his movies grossing revenue, you cannot deny that including Dicaprio equals money.

Shame you didn't enjoy TDK, I thought Nolan did a great job of creating a gritty realism to such a saturday-morning-cartoon series like Batman. And Heath really did a great job of re-inventing himself and giving the Joker character a much needed breath of freshness.

The only similarity between TDK and Inception is the cinematography, which is standout above the film's redeeming qualities. So if you're worried about that Ferbs I wouldn't. You'll likely enjoy it.

The major chip on my shoulder about Leo was that I always felt that the hype he recieved from Titanic was unwarranted. He played a dime-a-dozen as a cheeky pretty boy after the unobtainable girl that any boyish looking actor could easily play. It wasn't until he came out with Blood Diamond and The Departed (which I just can't tell if it's any better than it's Hong Kong counterpart, Infernal Affairs) that he started to deserve that recognition.

Yeah well, I did after all only watch 20 minutes of it. Damn teacher shut down the video after the break. So it was kinda hard to properly get into it. But I have to admit I always have the hats off to the majority of people succeeding in turning cartoon material into reality. With exception of that god forsaken Superman series that used to run, not Smallville, much older.

And I'm not necessarily worrying about Inception, like I mentioned at first, I've heard great things. I just need to go watch it. I've never been too big of a cinematic fan, I just prefer sitting at home and watching a movie. With exception of big movies that truly needs a big screen (Avatar, 2012).

Titanic was decent, it never struck me with the greatness. But then again I watched it 12 years after it's creation. It kinda looks flawed compared to some of the great graphical work that computers can design today, compared to what could be designed on screen play back in the days. I mean compare Avatar and Titanic in how well done the movie is made, and you'll see my point.

However he does truly deserve some of the hype he gets, I never did love Blood Diamond, however I loved his movies like Catch Me If You Can (It sure as hell helped that I'm a Tom Hanks fan as well), Romeo + Juliet, The Beach and The Aviator and ultimately The Man in the Iron Mask.

The last one is my favorite Leonardo Dicaprio movie, but that's not so much due to his work in there, it's just one of my favorites. I guess if I had to call my favorite movie due to his acting skills in it, it would definitely be Catch Me If You Can.

Catch Me If You Can is DiCaprio's best movie in my opinion. But then again I haven't seen Inception.

Oddly enough I liked Catch Me If You Can as well. Course it also had Tom Hanks and Christopher Walken in it as well. Can't really go wrong with either of those guys.

Haven't heard much of Inception, think I will wait until it makes it to DVD.

Christopher Walken

His part in Catch Me If You Can wasn't really that big was it? Not enough for me to remember him though. Simple movie that was damn well worked. I've always loved those kind of identity concepts in games as well as movies a greatly fascinating thing. That's another reason why I've been such a big fan of the Hitman series.

Shame you didn't enjoy TDK, I thought Nolan did a great job of creating a gritty realism to such a saturday-morning-cartoon series like Batman. And Heath really did a great job of re-inventing himself and giving the Joker character a much needed breath of freshness.

The only similarity between TDK and Inception is the cinematography, which is standout above the film's redeeming qualities. So if you're worried about that Ferbs I wouldn't. You'll likely enjoy it.

The major chip on my shoulder about Leo was that I always felt that the hype he recieved from Titanic was unwarranted. He played a dime-a-dozen as a cheeky pretty boy after the unobtainable girl that any boyish looking actor could easily play. It wasn't until he came out with Blood Diamond and The Departed (which I just can't tell if it's any better than it's Hong Kong counterpart, Infernal Affairs) that he started to deserve that recognition.

Really really liked the Departed. Of course again like Titanic and Catch Me If You Can, they always surround Leo with an awesome cast. Martin Sheen and Jack Nicholson were both great in the Departed. Course Nicholson is great in just about every movie he has ever been in, including Mars Attacks.

His part in Catch Me If You Can wasn't really that big was it? Not enough for me to remember him though. Simple movie that was damn well worked. I've always loved those kind of identity concepts in games as well as movies a greatly fascinating thing. That's another reason why I've been such a big fan of the Hitman series.

Come on man, the mouse that churned that butter into cream speech is awesome.

Come on man, the mouse that churned that butter into cream speech is awesome.

I believe I've completely messed it all up. I was thinking of the father to the daugther that Leonardo marries in the movie. Amy Adams is the girl, pretty decent looking (in the movie at least). The father was Martin Sheen.

Christopher Walken certainly did have a decent part in the movie. But it still wasn't worth remembering much of, I would primarily remember Tom Hanks and Leonardo from it.

I believe I've completely messed it all up. I was thinking of the father to the daugther that Leonardo marries in the movie. Amy Adams is the girl, pretty decent looking (in the movie at least). The father was Martin Sheen.

Christopher Walken certainly did have a decent part in the movie. But it still wasn't worth remembering much of, I would primarily remember Tom Hanks and Leonardo from it.

Very true, and I had forgot about Amy Adams and Martin Sheen. Adams is ok, she looked pretty good in Enchanted, and yes I am not ashamed to say I liked that movie.

Ellen Pompeo was also in it, she was the first flight attendant he scrumped with.

50506.jpg

Not too shabby if you ask me.

Not too shabby in that picture perhaps. But I don't even remember her in the movie, was it any big of a role? Obviously not.

I never watched Enhanced though.

Not too shabby in that picture perhaps. But I don't even remember her in the movie, was it any big of a role? Obviously not.

I never watched Enhanced though.

It was a bit part and I didn't catch her the first time I watched it, but she was in it. She was with him the first time he hitched a ride on the airplane.

Enhanced sounds like a good movie lol, but it was Enchanted. It was a disney movie so I am not suprised you haven't seen it.

I completely misread it then. Looked like Enhanced to me, I guess Enchanted makes more sense though. And I haven't seen Disney related movies in a few years. So if it's a newer one then I most likely haven't watched it.

I've been thinking about checking out Shutter Island, is it a two thumbs up? A friend of mine I went to school with is in that movie actually... My mom wants me to get it from redbox next time I'm at the store. I'm deciding between Dinner For Schmucks movie this weekend or Inception...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back