Was 2002-2003 A Good Era For Wrestling?

Well?

• Yes

• Somewhat

• No

• Fuck No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, so bad that his Hall of Fame career stands those years as some of the most important things he's done. I can't see how bad he was going, but by all means point it out and I talked about him and Scott Steiner already, and that I grant it was stupid crap and trying to get a good match out of him(Steiner) is as harder as doing it with Otunga nowadays. Other than that, he was the perfect heel and a good face after he returned from that quad injury.

Oh and tell me how awful he was against Shawn Michaels please, by all means.

One great match doesn't save the rest of the feud.

One great match doesn't save the rest of the feud.

The feud was good, what the hell are you saying? HHH vs. Jericho was quite good too. Oh and leaving HHH for a second, Michaels vs. Jericho at WM19 is still one of my favorite matches and rivalries, I mean I don't compare it with the rivalry they had some years later, but it was very good too.

And for the record, I'm not doing this for PWF or whatever, I also think he is a complete tool for having the ego that he has, but what's the difference between him and Coco? Coco also thinks he's one of the smartest guy on these forums because he does not like what the masses like, he's very exclusive you know.

Dolph Ziggler can't be a World Champion, not at all, but fucking RVD deserved a push in 2002-2003, when guys like Chris Benoit was getting there too, guys like Booker T were already higher than him, Shawn Michaels and Goldberg acted as top faces as well, so did Kane, so why in the blue hell should RVD been pushed to main event status? I can't even describe how awful it was if they pushed RVD.

It was the stage for rivalries in the midcard scene like Jericho vs. Goldberg, you know the story, Jericho didn't like him personally they even had a real fight backstage, so they solved their things in a good story also involving Lance Storm. It was two good years, everybody that posted no, or hell no are probably idiots that never even saw a thing from 2002-2003 but that's okay, that's okay. My point was more than made, and I'm sure that I am right so keep telling it sucked for the sake of it, and move on.

Business shrunk. It was two years spent going in the wrong direction. That's bad. That can't be disputed.

I still enjoyed those two years. But the truth can't be denied.

The business as a whole was declining, you can't just create interest in a blink of an eye. I said that those two years were very important for the future of the WWE and I maintain that, but I also said that those two years were transitional phases. If HHH didn't had those two years being built as the man, Batista and Orton would have probably failed to make it so soon in their careers. I enjoyed those two years, obviously it wasn't the greatest years, but it had things that stood out, and I already mentioned all of them and their importance.

Stating that Katie Vick was atrocious, is right but it lasted not more than three weeks. However Hogan vs. The Rock was just tremendous, it was an iconic match and lasted more than a month in the making. The Undertaker vs. Ric Flair can be also runners for doing a great job, though I didn't enjoyed The Undertaker as much as I did when he got on track with Orton some years later, but nonetheless I don't believe not even by a slightly chance that 2002-2003 had a bad product, I consider 1993 with Lex Luger Express and Yokozuna a bad product, not HHH vs. Shawn Michaels or Angle vs. Lesnar.

How can you say that Evolution was shit? How can you say that Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle was shit? How can you say that HHH's pretty much highlights are bad against the likes of Jericho, Michaels, Goldberg? Heck WrestleMania XIX has to be considered in the top5 best Mania's ever.

One thing, I bet I really do that you never watched anything in those years and you are just going into wikipedia to find some info. I grade a quality of a year for the impact it had to the future and the implication of it, you can't grade a year just because of three weeks of Katie Vick and Kane. Those two years are good, with the talent they have it's simply preposterous to even call it bad.

You're just embarrassing yourself now. You want to know the only good matches HHH had in 2002 and 2003? Here they are.

Summerslam 2002 and the last Raw of 2003. That's it. You can not begin to convince me that HHH was anything other than horrible. And just because I can't go a day without it.

[YOUTUBE]tfxuAI7SAMk[/YOUTUBE]

Here hate the guy all you want, your opinion means crap, I thought he was a great heel, what you gonna do? You're an idiot, try to back up the shit you spit.

The feud was good, what the hell are you saying? HHH vs. Jericho was quite good too. Oh and leaving HHH for a second, Michaels vs. Jericho at WM19 is still one of my favorite matches and rivalries, I mean I don't compare it with the rivalry they had some years later, but it was very good too.

And for the record, I'm not doing this for PWF or whatever, I also think he is a complete tool for having the ego that he has, but what's the difference between him and Coco? Coco also thinks he's one of the smartest guy on these forums because he does not like what the masses like, he's very exclusive you know.

Dolph Ziggler can't be a World Champion, not at all, but fucking RVD deserved a push in 2002-2003, when guys like Chris Benoit was getting there too, guys like Booker T were already higher than him, Shawn Michaels and Goldberg acted as top faces as well, so did Kane, so why in the blue hell should RVD been pushed to main event status? I can't even describe how awful it was if they pushed RVD.

It was the stage for rivalries in the midcard scene like Jericho vs. Goldberg, you know the story, Jericho didn't like him personally they even had a real fight backstage, so they solved their things in a good story also involving Lance Storm. It was two good years, everybody that posted no, or hell no are probably idiots that never even saw a thing from 2002-2003 but that's okay, that's okay. My point was more than made, and I'm sure that I am right so keep telling it sucked for the sake of it, and move on.

1. When you refer to HHH vs. Jericho, I assume you mean the feud in which a dog (more important than Jericho) was involved?

2. RVD was still the most over face on Raw during the HHH reign of terror. Booker T died off at WM 19 when he should have won the title.

Here hate the guy all you want, your opinion means crap, I thought he was a great heel, what you gonna do? You're an idiot, try to back up the shit you spit.

Seems like someone's chest is sticking out a bit too much. Trying to be bad on top of being just bad. I pity you.

The business as a whole was declining, you can't just create interest in a blink of an eye. I said that those two years were very important for the future of the WWE and I maintain that, but I also said that those two years were transitional phases. If HHH didn't had those two years being built as the man, Batista and Orton would have probably failed to make it so soon in their careers. I enjoyed those two years, obviously it wasn't the greatest years, but it had things that stood out, and I already mentioned all of them and their importance.

Stating that Katie Vick was atrocious, is right but it lasted not more than three weeks. However Hogan vs. The Rock was just tremendous, it was an iconic match and lasted more than a month in the making. The Undertaker vs. Ric Flair can be also runners for doing a great job, though I didn't enjoyed The Undertaker as much as I did when he got on track with Orton some years later, but nonetheless I don't believe not even by a slightly chance that 2002-2003 had a bad product, I consider 1993 with Lex Luger Express and Yokozuna a bad product, not HHH vs. Shawn Michaels or Angle vs. Lesnar.

Month in the making? Come up with a phrase better than that. The match itself wasn't that great and that ambulance bit to build up the feud was just pathetically hilarious.

I'm going with somewhat. I was big on Brock Lesnar, so 90% of my attention was geared towards Smackdown until Kane took off the mask. He was probably the only reason why I went out of my way to watch RAW at all. That and I didn't have cable.

1. When you refer to HHH vs. Jericho, I assume you mean the feud in which a dog (more important than Jericho) was involved?

2. RVD was still the most over face on Raw during the HHH reign of terror. Booker T died off at WM 19 when he should have won the title.

Can't you understand a simple fact that HHH was very over as a heel at that time. He was the best heel in terms of getting a loud reaction, ability to get heat, had a great heel persona and attitude. Booker-T came from WCW, Scott Steiner came from WCW why would Vince put a title on the guys who were some of the biggest names in the rival company (WCW)? And the fact that you hate HHH because of his 2003 heel run proves that he did his work good as a heel.

[YOUTUBE]Z_ehhpuO7Cw[/YOUTUBE]

Can't you understand a simple fact that HHH was very over at that time. He was the best heel in terms of getting a loud reaction, ability to get heat, had a great heel persona and attitude. Booker-T came from WCW, Scott Steiner came from WCW why would Vince put a title on the guys who were some of the biggest names in the rival company (WCW)? And the fact that you hate HHH because of his 2003 heel run proves that he did his work good as a heel.

:lmao:

And the fact that you hate HHH because of his 2003 heel run proves that he did his work good as a heel.

It's not because he was doing good heel work, you moron, it's because he refused to make any young/rising superstar look good and only let himself and his buddies hog the spotlight. Granted, he was a solid heel, but that's not why people hate him, and if you weren't partially mentally handicapped, you'd have noticed that by now.

Can't you understand a simple fact that HHH was very over at that time. He was the best heel in terms of getting a loud reaction, ability to get heat, had a great heel persona and attitude. Booker-T came from WCW, Scott Steiner came from WCW why would Vince put a title on the guys who were some of the biggest names in the rival company (WCW)? And the fact that you hate HHH because of his 2003 heel run proves that he did his work good as a heel.

I hate HHH because his 2003 heel run was shit. If he was actually good and I hated him, then he did good work. However, he sucked ass so he didn't.

Silly me, I would have thought any rational person would see that someone was getting over and having good matches week after week and at least give them a title run to see what happens. Booker T was just that guy and they failed to pull the trigger. Hell, Rock did in one night what HHH couldn't do for a whole damn year in 2003. Try to the find the Raw after No Way Out, watch it, and learn something from the Rock.

It's not because he was doing good heel work, you moron, it's because he refused to make any young/rising superstar look good and only let himself and his buddies hog the spotlight.

1. Randy Orton got over because of heel HHH and Evolution.
2. Batista got over because of heel HHH and Evolution.
3. You are a biased HHH hater.

I hate HHH because his 2003 heel run was shit. If he was actually good and I hated him, then he did good work. However, he sucked ass so he didn't.

Silly me, I would have thought any rational person would see that someone was getting over and having good matches week after week and at least give them a title run to see what happens. Booker T was just that guy and they failed to pull the trigger. Hell, Rock did in one night what HHH couldn't do for a whole damn year in 2003. Try to the find the Raw after No Way Out, watch it, and learn something from the Rock.

Rock was always cheered even as a heel.

Month in the making? Come up with a phrase better than that. The match itself wasn't that great and that ambulance bit to build up the feud was just pathetically hilarious.

It really was that good, take Cena vs. Rock this year as an example the match itself was not the best thing they did, not even close to that, but the feeling around it was fantastic. If you ever watched it, or if you comprehend anything wrestling related you know that their match was incredible and that having those two iconic faces collide will be and should be remembered - you're just spewing shit after shit and you are looking bad for saying those things believe me.

Seems like someone's chest is sticking out a bit too much. Trying to be bad on top of being just bad. I pity you.

I'm not bad, you are the one that thinks that, so I am the one that pity you.

1. This is ridiculous and false OBVIOUSLY, you went full ****** here and you can't even say anything else involving HHH since you are completely blind by smarky hate. You're an idiot.

2. That statement is a lie, he was a midcard highflyer face and he has the pop that a guy like John Morrison had or Kingston has, nothing on him screamed money or neither he showed in his entire career that he had what it takes to be the guy or near that.

Vince McMahon had everything to do with Booker T's failure, he didn't want to expose to much of what WCW was, saying that HHH had anything to do with it it's ridiculous. And his 2003 heel run was fantastic, it created one of the best damn characters as a heel, good god HHH over any heel nowadays, really any. It was also that build of his character that made HHH credible enough to later create guys like Batista and Orton, that DID had the potential to make the company make some money, which they did. Isn't that curious? HHH was great, your hate doesn't have a logical reason, you believe every crap you read, that's all.

1. Randy Orton got over because of heel HHH and Evolution.
2. Batista got over because of heel HHH and Evolution.
3. You are a biased HHH hater.

1. Who took the World Heavyweight Championship from Orton one month after he won it at Summerslam 2004?
2. In 2005. We're talking 2002-2003 here, so this is technically a worthless point you're bringing up.
3. During the time period we're speaking of, sure. Otherwise, I consider him to be one of the best, but his ego was ridiculous during these two years.

Rock was always cheered even as a heel.

Watch his entrance at No Way Out 2003. I don't think that crowd liked him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back